Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 11

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Blake's 7 Continues
bob79519
Silver Alaunt wrote:

I think we need a bit of romance in our lives, be it here and now or in the future.
Especially in the future as it seems a worse place than now. Avon is the typical hero (well he is in the books I read) flawed by circumstances, a fallen angel. If all was well there wouldn't be a story. Being an alien with different practiices to us, Cally will act differently. Sometimes you just have to let the story take you - like ignoring wobbly sets - and just have fun. Go to it bob75919 (is that your mum's co-op number? I can still remember my mum's, you were in dead trouble if you forgot).

Avon is not the typical hero (the books are not a good representation of the Blake's 7 universe) and the relationship will be interesting to say the least. I'm called bob79519 becasue that's what a friend of mine is called on Deviantart.

Silver Alaunt
Hi bob. I realised that you would not know what I was talking about - I read a lot of historic novels and sometime am not in this century, so my apoligies. I really like where you are going with the stories. You have to explore alternative themes. The majority of the tv series were written by men who possibly went for war and chaos rather than relationships, although the crew do get to let us see what they are thinking some of the time and new voices are needed to take us further. Many thank.

sooper mouse
Silver Alaunt wrote:

Hi bob. I realised that you would not know what I was talking about - I read a lot of historic novels and sometime am not in this century, so my apoligies. I really like where you are going with the stories. You have to explore alternative themes. The majority of the tv series were written by men who possibly went for war and chaos rather than relationships, although the crew do get to let us see what they are thinking some of the time and new voices are needed to take us further. Many thank.

Personally I find the fact that they didn't fall into the awful soap trap of trying to pair up everybody with everybody else as one of the strengths of the show but that's just me.

Bob has the right to present his version of the story and he's doing a great job of it.
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.

bob79519
sooper mouse wrote:

Silver Alaunt wrote:

Personally I find the fact that they didn't fall into the awful soap trap of trying to pair up everybody with everybody else as one of the strengths of the show but that's just me.

Bob has the right to present his version of the story and he's doing a great job of it.

Thanks for the compliment!

sooper mouse
bob79519 wrote:

sooper mouse wrote:

Silver Alaunt wrote:

it gives me fun stuff to read on my way to work. You're good at this, keep going
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.

bob79519
sooper mouse wrote:

bob79519 wrote:

sooper mouse wrote:

Silver Alaunt wrote:

it gives me fun stuff to read on my way to work. You're good at this, keep going

Working on the script right now. I will try to get it finished by the 24th. If not, then before the end of the year.

Angry Angel
Guys, just a bit of moderator tidyness here.

When you're replying to the previous post, you don't need to quote it, just write your reply. Otherwise we end up with massive replies, most of which are quotes. If there's something you want to reply to that's not the previous post, use 'quote' by all means, but try to edit it so you don't end up quoting umpteen different replies. Thanks!

http://lucyravenscar.blogspot.com/
President Solvite
Just to add if people aren't sure what AA means there is an article here

http://www.blakes...icle_id=53

Happy

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
bob79519
Thoughts on the Blake's 7 finale:

Before I go any further on this post, I just want to say that episode 6 is almost finished and will probably be uploaded on the 24th December. If not, defiantly by the 31st December. Then I have a busy January, so I don't know if there will be an episode in January. Anyway, on to the title.

On this day 35 years ago, the last ever episode of Blake's 7 was aired. I've heard nothing but praise for the finale, but I've never liked the finale, and here's why:

Now I have to admit, Blake is better than most of the episodes in series 4, in which I hated all of them except all but Sand, and it is nice to see Blake again. But, it's not enough to hide the episodes flaws, including:

-Really bad effects (even by Blake's 7 standards).

-Poorly written characters (the scene where Avon refuses to acknowledge Vila's questions about Tarrant).

-Multiple plot holes (Most notably being: What happend to ORAC? and what's up with the gun Avon has in the final scene? and a bunch of others).

-Poorly directed death scene (the slow-motion look's dreadful).

There's a bunch of other problems I have with it, but those were the main ones. Anyway, I'll see you all in a few days time, for what is probably going to be the most controversial episode of Blake's 7 Continues.

bob79519
Here it is, the most controversial episode of Blake's 7 Continues is here!

Summary: Avon and Cally do romantic stuff, while Oliver confronts Commissioner Sleer about Servalan.

Episode: https://drive.goo...UdQMnI5SDg

The next episode will be in February becasue I am way too busy in January to write the next episode.
Edited by bob79519 on 28 April 2017 15:01:48

President Solvite
I deleted your duplicate post Bob and made your link clickable..

Sounds good Smile

Silver Alaunt
Great story and a happy ending! Thank you for writing this story bob. Good start to 2017. Happy New Year friends!

PS I don't know how to stop all the other quotes that came before so please help stop them Moderator.

President Solvite
Silver Alaunt, I don't think you were the one quoting excessively.

But just in case there is any confusion this article,
http://www.blakes...icle_id=53
is pretty clear about what is desired and what is not.

To edit the amount of quoting we just people just need trim the text down. Using **SNIPPAGE** or similar and keep the relevant reference. Or maybe instead do something like 'Ref Avon's Leather Trousers' or similar. If in doubt don't use the quote button.

bob79519
Silver Alaunt wrote:

Great story and a happy ending! Thank you for writing this story bob. Good start to 2017. Happy New Year friends!

PS I don't know how to stop all the other quotes that came before so please help stop them Moderator.

Thanks! I wonder what all the people who raised concerns over the Avon/Cally stuff before I released the episode think about it now that I have released the episode.

bob79519
Good news! I finished the Doctor Who fan film script I was writing, which means I can continue Blake's 7 Continues, if I wasn't on a writers block because I have no idea where to take the story next.

meegat39
I enjoyed your story bob79519. I liked the ideas you had for the Auron way of doing things and the underlying emotions. Sounds a bit like the tantric way. It's nice to think of Avon and Cally being romantic.
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

bob79519
meegat39 wrote:

I enjoyed your story bob79519. I liked the ideas you had for the Auron way of doing things and the underlying emotions. Sounds a bit like the tantric way. It's nice to think of Avon and Cally being romantic.

Thanks! Also, do you have any ideas of where you would like to see where the story is going next?

bob79519
Alright, after some thinking, I have some ideas for the next few episodes:

Episode 7: A Vila-centric episode

Episode 8: A Klyn-centric episode

Episode 9: A Deva-centric episode

Episode 10: A Cally-centric episode

Episode 11: An Avon-centric episode

Episode 12: Gathering of rebel leaders

Episode 13: Downfall of the Federation

Anniew
Sounds good Bob. I shall look forward to reading your scripts.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

bob79519
Anniew wrote:

Sounds good Bob. I shall look forward to reading your scripts.

Thanks! I am just trying to think of the specifics.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.59 seconds
9,144,085 unique visits since 8th January 2014