Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 14

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 926
· Newest Rebel: Paul Hassall

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Blake's 7 Continues
bob79519
Well it seemed natural to include, because I realized I had not used Deva that much throughout the saga, so I decided to use him in this episode.

Silver Alaunt
Well done bob79519 - great story. I realy enjoyed it and look forward to more episodes if you write them. I liked the bit of romance with Cally and Avon - and who has not thought of comforting Avon at some time - makes the characters more real.

bob79519
Silver Alaunt wrote:

Well done bob79519 - great story. I realy enjoyed it and look forward to more episodes if you write them. I liked the bit of romance with Cally and Avon - and who has not thought of comforting Avon at some time - makes the characters more real.

Well I always thought that Avon and Cally should have had a relationship, which is 1 of the reasons why I created Blake's 7 Continues.

One of the reasons why I despise season 4 is because they kill Cally in such a horrible way, so I ressurected her.

The next episode will feature Avon and Cally finally starting a relationship.

RichardMk2
I always thought Avon and Cally were an item. After all in Sarcophagus Avon goes to the trouble to save Cally from the alien. Although of course in this instance it's in his own interest too. Then again in City at the Edge of the World, he teams up with Cally.

bob79519
Avon and Cally should have ended up together, it's as simple as that.

Travisina
bob79519 wrote:

Nothing is simple in B7! They may have ended up killing each other, too.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

sooper mouse
bob79519 wrote:

Sorry but I don't see it.

Nothing quite says relationship material like her hitting on him each time something possesses her (and in no other circumstances) and him insisting she be put off the ship or left behind each time she screws up.
Oh and let's not forget the complete lack of chemistry, her pushing him away the only time he actually tries to show compassion and care( to anyone who isn't Blake) and her last scream of BLAKE's name.

In Sarcophagus he was using her known loyalties to save his ship and crew. Let's not forget that he didn't actually know whether taking the ring from that creature would've brought Cally back. There was a real risk of that killing or hurting Cally.

While I'll give you that she may have had some crush on him... both of them teamed a lot more with Blake than with each other and Avon made his disdain of her revolutionary fanatical following of Blake quite known.

pbs.twimg.com/media/Cy1A7hTXEAA7mcu.jpg

don't get me wrong, I do like your stuff but it seems to be that there's far too much emphasis being put on this alleged Cally Avon thing that is mainly projection- there's very little in the actual series to indicate it.
I know the writers etc might have wanted some sort of love interest for Avon- who had to be female because 70s Britain, but it's just not quite working.

Now if you asked about the relationship between Avon and Orac, that we can document at length.
Edited by sooper mouse on 04 December 2016 12:34:11
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.

Mistletoe12
I never saw nor believed in a relationship between Cally and Avon. Friendship? Yes, certainly. Forged through time and mutual personality acceptance ... but nothing else, and I'm glad Blake's 7 avoided soap elements amongst the crew.

sooper mouse
Mistletoe12 wrote:
I'm glad Blake's 7 avoided soap elements amongst the crew.

that was probably one of the best things about it. I'm sick and tired of each and every series being so eager to pair up absolutely everyone as if it's just not possible for people to have different types of relationships.
In that regard B7 was tremendously advanced for its time and even for today.
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.

Anniew
Bit soap opera..y but I wrote this re Avon/Cally and those last words:

It's cold.
Avon, I
Don't want to die
Here alone. So I call...
I call to you
To come. Can you hear?

Hurry. Time is short, and
Shortening with each
Struggling breath I take.

No answer? You always were
Afraid. Make no mistake
If you ignore my voice
I'll punish you.
I'll call for Blake.

You're here. I cannot
Trying..cannot..reach.
Your mind is closed to me
Again. Too tired to speak
The words that might
Avert the curse I've thrown
About you.

You will die silent now
And so alone
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

sooper mouse
Anniew wrote:

Bit soap opera..y but I wrote this re Avon/Cally and those last words:

It's cold.
Avon, I
Don't want to die
Here alone. So I call...
I call to you
To come. Can you hear?

Hurry. Time is short, and
Shortening with each
Struggling breath I take.

No answer? You always were
Afraid. Make no mistake
If you ignore my voice
I'll punish you.
I'll call for Blake.

You're here. I cannot
Trying..cannot..reach.
Your mind is closed to me
Again. Too tired to speak
The words that might
Avert the curse I've thrown
About you.

You will die silent now
And so alone

that's mean!!!!
very moving but after spending 8 hours yesterday on the video I'm afraid I'm out of heart to wrench for a while.
Also, seems Cally was as inept at curses as she was at telepathy
she cursed Blake who died neither silent ("Oh, Avon"Wink nor alone
If she cursed Avon- let's see
If Avon died on GP, he died laughing and next to Blake.
If he didn't ( which is probably canon since we know Nation wanted to bring him back), then Avon is still canonically alive.

Great poem tho Smile
Edited by sooper mouse on 04 December 2016 12:29:52

bob79519
sooper mouse wrote:

bob79519 wrote:

Nothing quite says relationship material like her hitting on him each time something possesses her (and in no other circumstances) and him insisting she be put off the ship or left behind each time she screws up.
Oh and let's not forget the complete lack of chemistry, her pushing him away the only time he actually tries to show compassion and care and her last scream of BLAKE's name.

In Sarcophagus he was using her known loyalties to save his ship and crew. Let's not forget that he didn't actually know whether taking the ring from that creature would've brought Cally back. There was a real risk of that killing or hurting Cally.

While I'll give you that she may have had some crush on him... both of them teamed a lot more with Blake than with each other and Avon made his disdain of her revolutionary fanatical following of Blake quite known.

don't get me wrong, I do like your stuff but it seems to be that there's far too much emphasis being put on this alleged Cally Avon thing that is mainly projection- there's very little in the actual series to indicate it.
I know the writers etc might have wanted some sort of love interest for Avon- who had to be female because 70s Britain, but it's just not quite working.

Now if you asked about the relationship between Avon and Orac, that we can document at length.

I explained why Cally screamed Blake as her supposed last words in episode 3, not my fault that every episode in season 4 was written horribly to some extent except SAND, and I will explain Avon's feelings towarss Cally in the next episode, which i will try to finish before the end of the month. And it will not have soap oprah elements.

sooper mouse
bob79519 wrote:

sooper mouse wrote:

bob79519 wrote:

Oh and let's not forget the complete lack of chemistry, her pushing him away the only time he actually tries to show compassion and care and her last scream of BLAKE's name.

I explained why Cally screamed Blake as her supposed last words in episode 3, not my fault that every episode in season 4 was written horribly to some extent except SAND, and I will explain Avon's feelings towarss Cally in the next episode, which i will try to finish before the end of the month. And it will not have soap oprah elements.

fair enough. I enjoy reading your stuff and you did a good job of it, I'm just saying that canonically speaking, the evidence is very thin.
your mileage might vary and it won't stop me reading and enjoying your stuff.

Anniew
Ooh not really mean... and you wrung my heart enough with your wonderful video!!

And Cally doesn't curse Blake - just uses him to hurt Avon ( which is a bit mean!).
Oh and Avon dies smiling, smiling and silent!!!

And Bob...how nice to have some continuation stories we can argue about.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

bob79519
sooper mouse wrote:

bob79519 wrote:

sooper mouse wrote:

bob79519 wrote:

fair enough. I enjoy reading your stuff and you did a good job of it, I'm just saying that canonically speaking, the evidence is very thin.

Actually there is some evidence canonically speaking for their relationship. I will point them out in the next episode.

sooper mouse
Anniew wrote:

Ooh not really mean... and you wrung my heart enough with your wonderful video!!

And Cally doesn't curse Blake - just uses him to hurt Avon ( which is a bit mean!).
Oh and Avon dies smiling, smiling and silent!!!

And Bob...how nice to have some continuation stories we can argue about.

I'm yet to watch it till the end without crying and after that I need nice happy end stories from Hermit to calm down.

Yeah that was my point. Although Cally IS mean- Avon goes to console her in her cabin in the beginning of Sarcophagus and she pushes him away- that is definitely mean.
And I didn't see anyone consoling him after RoD.

She cursed Blake in Space Fall

And until definitive proof to the contrary from the ghost of Terry nation, Avon is still alive ( as far as I'm concerned).

sooper mouse
bob79519 wrote:

sooper mouse wrote:

bob79519 wrote:

sooper mouse wrote:

bob79519 wrote:

Actually there is some evidence canonically speaking for their relationship. I will point them out in the next episode.

I'm aware but most of it(and it's not that much anyway) is from Cally to Avon, very little the other way around and heavily countered by Avon's actions ( see Horizon)

bob79519
sooper mouse wrote:

bob79519 wrote:

sooper mouse wrote:

bob79519 wrote:

sooper mouse wrote:

bob79519 wrote:

I'm aware but most of it(and it's not that much anyway) is from Cally to Avon, very little the other way around and heavily countered by Avon's actions ( see Horizon)

Well it's my story and I have come up with a very logical and reasonable way for Cally and Avon to end up together without it feeling forced and having soap oprah elements.

sooper mouse
bob79519 wrote:

sooper mouse wrote:

bob79519 wrote:

sooper mouse wrote:

bob79519 wrote:

sooper mouse wrote:

bob79519 wrote:

Well it's my story and I have come up with a very logical and reasonable way for Cally and Avon to end up together without it feeling forced and having soap oprah elements.

I meant canoncally. Your story is what you want it to be and all I have read so far is very well written. I might disagree but I'll still read and enjoy it. You're quite good at it.
Edited by sooper mouse on 04 December 2016 19:26:27

Silver Alaunt
I think we need a bit of romance in our lives, be it here and now or in the future.
Especially in the future as it seems a worse place than now. Avon is the typical hero (well he is in the books I read) flawed by circumstances, a fallen angel. If all was well there wouldn't be a story. Being an alien with different practiices to us, Cally will act differently. Sometimes you just have to let the story take you - like ignoring wobbly sets - and just have fun. Go to it bob75919 (is that your mum's co-op number? I can still remember my mum's, you were in dead trouble if you forgot).

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.57 seconds
9,947,945 unique visits since 8th January 2014