Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 12

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 924
· Newest Rebel: Mark Stanfa

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
An Afternoon With Josette Simon
clanger68
MrsMrOlag wrote:

MrOlag booked a ticket for himself on my insistence! I cannot go, as I'm in the USA celebrating my 30th with my friends, but I was adamant that Martin go- So he'll be there on his lonesome so you guys be nice! I would have LOVED to have gone (and seen some of you there) but I'll have to catch the next one Smile

Ah, what a shame you can't both go, I am sure Martin is going to have a fab time, very jealous.

However, I have a feeling you won't having such a shabby time of it either over in the US partying into the night. Smile
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"

http://www.exewing.co.uk
MrsMrOlag
clanger68 wrote:

MrsMrOlag wrote:

MrOlag booked a ticket for himself on my insistence! I cannot go, as I'm in the USA celebrating my 30th with my friends, but I was adamant that Martin go- So he'll be there on his lonesome so you guys be nice! I would have LOVED to have gone (and seen some of you there) but I'll have to catch the next one Smile

Ah, what a shame you can't both go, I am sure Martin is going to have a fab time, very jealous.

However, I have a feeling you won't having such a shabby time of it either over in the US partying into the night. Smile

Oh yes, I plan on having a lovely time ^_^ I'm actually planning on introducing my bff and her two kids to B7 while I'm there. I can't wait to inspire a little 4 year old boy obsessed with robots into loving it - another generation in the USA to carry the torch!

Ellen York
The US needs more B7. My only complaint with this fandom is that I have to fly 4000 miles to meet up with fellow fans Sad

BradPaula
Ellen York wrote:

The US needs more B7. My only complaint with this fandom is that I have to fly 4000 miles to meet up with fellow fans Sad

That certainly is the truth. In the 80-90's there were the odd B7 con and the ones we attended were multi-media including Blake's 7- but since then- nothing and although the old fans are stiil out there somewhere- we aren't building new fans because the series was never put out on video/dvd in the States and more's the pity. But we do try and convert any interested fans at the Doctor Who cons we attend.

Joe Dredd
Ian Kubiak wrote:

Hugbot wrote:
At this short notice, plane tickets are a tad expensive. :(

She is a very busy lady and we had a very limited opportunity. Sorry about the flights.

I don't think that's something you need to apologise for, Ian (though the thought is appreciated). I'm sure no one is blaming you for our geographic diversity - especially not the mild mannered Mr Hugbot. You've scored a great coup getting Josette Simon, for which we all give you a rousing cheer whether we can attend or not. Just don't mind those of us who can't make it crying in our beer a little. (It makes it last longer and hey! Salty beer!)

Anniew
It's a massive coup Ian. I'm crossing fingers I can make it and the tickets haven't sold out by the time I know!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Rainesz
BradPaula wrote:

Ellen York wrote:

ut since then- nothing and although the old fans are stiil out there somewhere- we aren't building new fans because the series w
That certainly is the truth. In the 80-90's there were the odd B7 con and the ones we attended were multi-media including Blake's 7- bas never put out on video/dvd in the States and more's the pity. But we do try and convert any interested fans at the Doctor Who cons we attend.

Yes. We need a US dvd release. It should be more easily accessible than having to get a region-free player.

I live vicariously through you guys who are right there in the heart of it, and can meet at conventions. And I do my best here to explain to curious newcomers why I love B7 and why it deserves their attention. There are fans here-- they're just few and far between now. Why the Big Finish stories are so important!! They held us over in the Doctor Who "wilderness years" after all.

That said: Josette Simon!! Again: AWESOME!

Ian Kubiak
Anniew wrote:

It's a massive coup Ian. I'm crossing fingers I can make it and the tickets haven't sold out by the time I know!

Get it soon!

Ian Kubiak
Rainesz wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

Ellen York wrote:

ut since then- nothing and although the old fans are stiil out there somewhere- we aren't building new fans because the series w
That certainly is the truth. In the 80-90's there were the odd B7 con and the ones we attended were multi-media including Blake's 7- bas never put out on video/dvd in the States and more's the pity. But we do try and convert any interested fans at the Doctor Who cons we attend.

Yes. We need a US dvd release. It should be more easily accessible than having to get a region-free player.

I live vicariously through you guys who are right there in the heart of it, and can meet at conventions. And I do my best here to explain to curious newcomers why I love B7 and why it deserves their attention. There are fans here-- they're just few and far between now. Why the Big Finish stories are so important!! They held us over in the Doctor Who "wilderness years" after all.

That said: Josette Simon!! Again: AWESOME!

Thank you!

clareblues1
Unfortunately this event coincides with my brother's birthday that weekend, but have fun all that are going and please do report back Smile
The foolish reject what they see;
the wise reject what they think.

Mistletoe12
clareblues1 wrote:

Unfortunately this event coincides with my brother's birthday that weekend, but have fun all that are going and please do report back Smile

I already have notebook and pen to hand: I'm really looking forward to this event. Grin

Have fun at your brother's birthday, Clare. You will have something we won't - birthday cake! Is it too late for Paula to fly over some fudge? Smile

Ian Kubiak
I have just got back from having a lovely chat with Josette Simon. She is very much looking forward to next Sunday!

See the twitter or Facebook page to see a picture!

BradPaula
Just saw the photo, Ian. Excellent. You both look great! Good luck next Sunday!

Rainesz
Ian Kubiak wrote:

I have just got back from having a lovely chat with Josette Simon. She is very much looking forward to next Sunday!

See the twitter or Facebook page to see a picture!

SO COOL!! Grin
Do you have the link for the photo? I'm being kind of an idiot, having trouble finding it. Pfft

Ian Kubiak
https://www.faceb...mp;theater

This should take you to the picture.
Edited by Angry Angel on 25 September 2016 13:11:53

Angry Angel
Lovely photo - how does she never look any older?!

Ian, I edited your post to make the link clickable. For anyone who wants to know how to do that, you just need to highlight the link, then click on the icon at the bottom of the text box, the globe with an arrow on it (it says 'Makes a URL clickable' when you hover your cursor over it).

http://lucyravenscar.blogspot.com/
Rainesz
@Ian: Thank you! That's a fantastic photo!! And AngryAngel, you're right. She doesn't seem to age, lol!

I want to hear all about this from those of you who are fortunate enough to go. Wink

Ian Kubiak
Angry Angel wrote:

Lovely photo - how does she never look any older?!

Ian, I edited your post to make the link clickable. For anyone who wants to know how to do that, you just need to highlight the link, then click on the icon at the bottom of the text box, the globe with an arrow on it (it says 'Makes a URL clickable' when you hover your cursor over it).

Thank you

Ian Kubiak
Great news! There will be limited tickets on the door for An Afternoon With Joestte Simon OBE this Sunday at The Lost Theatre, Wandsworth, London. Doors open at 12:20pm

trevor travis
Don't think I'll be able to make it on Sunday - not enough time to sort out the care arrangements. Hope everyone has a great time, and got my fingers crossed that Josette will also be at CA3.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.51 seconds
9,839,784 unique visits since 8th January 2014