Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 15

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 923
· Newest Rebel: Jon Crockford

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Sept 2016 Fanfic Challenge
Rainesz
Oooh, very chilling, Hugbot. I think Travis as a religious fanatic would be the most terrifying Travis of all. Brrrr.

(And thank you for your kind words about my story!!) Smile

Anniew
Hugbot, I've read lots of stories in which Avon is a Catholic but Travis as a hell fire preacher is a new one. Works really well in a Robert Mitchum sort of way ( in a film I can't remember title of but he was terrifying!) I also enjoy your generous comments about our fics nearly as much as your own! ( only nearly)

What great stories this month...Rainez finding her inner author ...Brad on great form. More to come I hope!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Rainesz
Anniew, Night of the Hunter! Very scary movie. Pfft

Anniew
That's the one, thank you! Night of the Hunter!

littlesue
Anniew wrote:

More to come I hope!

I've got two in the pipeline; just waiting for my muse to check them over.
But I will post them before I go on me hols...
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Anniew
When a thin sliver of light struggled over the horizon he got painfully to his feet. The fire was dead, ash and black twisted charcoal, and the air was cold; a layer of snow had dusted the hard ground during the night. He hadn't slept: he wondered if he ever would again- his mind so full of thoughts, regrets, shame, that it was more likely to burst wide and send him howling into the shadows than allow him the peace of resting.

It wasn't much of a dawn, he reflected, stamping his feet to return the circulation to them and warming his hands under his arms- a gradual greying of the darkness; no streaks of the purple, rose and gold that he'd witnessed on another occasion. This was a dull, dim start to what would undoubtably be a depressing day, yet he was glad the display was not spectacular.

" I missed it," she had said. " Why didn't you wake me?"

"Why would I wake you to witness the scattering of light rays when you needed sleep?" he had questioned dispassionately and when she had seen he was genuinely puzzled she'd biffed his arm gently and said, "Oh you!"

Breath hissed in his throat as he took in again that she would never now wake to the phenomenon, while he would witness many disappointing dawns unless he could conjure a miracle and get them back into space; the sorry remnants of Blake's original seven and the two young recruits he had so unwillingly acquired.

The grey light advanced, gradually pushing back the black and he braced himself once more to meet the challenges of the day.

Angry Angel
Good stuff Anniew, feels like a promising start to a much longer potential story.

http://lucyravenscar.blogspot.com/
Rainesz
@Anniew: Beautiful descriptive opening! You've got me curious as to what might happen next. (Is it Avon remembering Anna? Or even Cally?) Very visual, very sensory vignette. Grin

Anniew
Actually I think what happens next is the plot of Rescue ! How Cally and Avon came to be stranded on a planet watching ( or missing) a spectacular Dawn is indeed another story. Again written as I travelled through the night to a holiday destination up north and was so disappointed with the breaking dawn! The day that followed wasn't disappointing at all though!

Angry Angel
Anniew wrote:

Actually I think what happens next is the plot of Rescue ! How Cally and Avon came to be stranded on a planet watching ( or missing) a spectacular Dawn is indeed another story. Again written as I travelled through the night to a holiday destination up north and was so disappointed with the breaking dawn! The day that followed wasn't disappointing at all though!

Ah, got it! Should have realised where it was set with the light dusting of snow.

Rainesz
Anniew wrote:

Rescue, of course! (smacks forehead) Pfft
And yes, I'm intrigued by the "other story" as well. Wink

Rainesz
Anniew: I was just re-reading your story set in the churchyard and I can't believe I missed the very obvious. Was Travis' head in the box a reference to the movie Seven? Argh. That's very clever! (And it took me long enough... Duh... Pfft )

Anniew
I'll take very clever!! I was thinking of Seven ( the movie) I relation to the prompt and then, as happens, the Travis head in a box just appeared in the church story as I wrote it. Started the story with no idea beyond putting Avon into hell and was amazed to find him trapped with Travis in purgatory. I guess I see Avon as Catholic - full of guilt, always seeking absolution- at least some of the time - and being trapped for eternity with the head of the guy you murdered seemed appropriate. And doesn't Travis 2 talk...and talk...

trevor travis
SURPRISE, SURPRISE!

“Me happy! It’s me month again!”

Og, I’m sorry, but it’s another week until Og-tober.

“Me not happy now! And me hungry!”

There’s some food in your shed. And your blow-up Dayna doll.

“Me go there then!”

OK, Og, see you in a week for Og-tober. Now on with the story…

The deserted, ruined church was eerily quiet as Avon hid in the shadows.

He’d been promised. A clue to the final fate of Servalan. He couldn’t resist. He had to make sure she was dead once and for all.

Suddenly, he heard a noise. He made sure he couldn’t been seen by the figure as it appeared around the corner. A man dressed in leather with an eye patch.

Avon drew his gun as he leapt out, and poked it into the man’s chest.

“Fancy meeting you here, Travis!”

Suddenly, Avon look puzzled. “Wait a minute, you’re Keith Chegwin!”

Travis shrugged. “Stephen didn’t want to do it, and Brian is filming Play School. I’m Travis 3. Wa-hey!”

“I knew it was a mistake when we agreed to John Nathan-Turner taking over as producer from Vere.”

“JNT wanted me as Travis so he could cast me in his panto in Brighton! Wa-hey!”

“His casting decisions always have been awful.” Avon got back on topic, knowing they were wasting some of the precious 500-word-limit with small talk. “Anyway, why are you here, Travis?”

Travis cursed being found by Avon. The others would kill him. He attempted to bluff it out.

“I’ve come to film more episodes of Cheggers Plays Pop! Wa-hey!”

Avon wasn’t fooled. “In the ruins of an abandoned church? Have you betrayed ME, Travis?”

“Oh drat! It was supposed to be a surprise. It was all a set-up Avon! Wa-hey!”

“YES!”, exclaimed Avon, and shot Travis dead.

Suddenly temporary lighting came on all around the ruined church.

“Happy Birthday, Avon!”, shouted Tarrant. He released a party popper.

“Surprise!”, exclaimed Soolin. She was looking lovely.

“You’ve killed Travis”, noted Vila, who was wearing a party hat.

“That’s messed things up”, pondered Dayna, “who’s going to be DJ now? We'd hired Zen and Orac especially to be the flashing lights.”

“Avon shooting first and asking questions later again”, tutted Jenna. “He always spoils our fun, chuck!”

The others could not take Jenna seriously since Cilla had taken over. They ignored her.

Avon hadn’t moved during this conversation. He stayed stationery, straddling Travis’s dead body, as if to protect it.

“Still, we should look on the bright side”, said Soolin. She was still looking lovely.

Vila was confused. “Why? What bright side?”

“Well, we’ll now have to have someone else as Travis. Avon has killed Cheggers. Wa-hey!”

Suddenly Avon snapped out of his reverie. “There’s one problem with that!”

The others looked at him blankly. He’d have to explain.

“JNT is still producer!”

NEXT EPISODE: THE DEBUT OF TRAVIS 4, FEATURING TIMMY MALLETT (AND MALLETT'S MALLET), WITH THE INTRODUCTION OF CHRISTOPHER BIGGINS AS THE NEW SERVALAN
Edited by trevor travis on 26 September 2016 16:03:24

Rainesz
@trevor travis: BWA-hahahahahahaha!!! Grin
Will Travis 4 be wearing question marks on his lapels? For no reason whatsoever?

There's a 500-word limit on a ficlet? Oops. (I'm new here...)
D'oh...

BradPaula
Rainesz wrote:

@trevor travis: BWA-hahahahahahaha!!! Grin
Will Travis 4 be wearing question marks on his lapels? For no reason whatsoever?

There's a 500-word limit on a ficlet? Oops. (I'm new here...)
D'oh...

Yes, there is a 500 word limit, but we aren't that Draconian about it. If one happens to go a bit over the limit, we'll look the other way. The important thing is to encourage all of our talented members to write Blake's 7 fiction and share it with the membership. Grin

Anniew
Avon got back on topic, knowing they were wasting some of the precious 500-word-limit with small talk. “

Oh yes!!!
Loved this TT. cheggers and Mallet as Travis....Cilla as Jenna. A remake to rival Blakes Junction.

Joe Dredd
Anniew wrote:

Cilla as Jenna. A remake to rival Blakes Junction.

Black's 7?

Angry Angel
There's only one thing I can say about this TT - Wa-hey!

trevor travis
Anniew wrote:

Avon got back on topic, knowing they were wasting some of the precious 500-word-limit with small talk. “

Oh yes!!!
Loved this TT. cheggers and Mallet as Travis....Cilla as Jenna. A remake to rival Blakes Junction.

Hmmmm, I hadn't thought of the Blake's Junction 7 connection, but I guess it's there. Given the casting of Servalan in that, it's given me another idea. I'm wondering now if Christopher Biggins should be the new Servalan, rather than the new Vila. Whaddaya think?

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.46 seconds
9,786,122 unique visits since 8th January 2014