Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 10

· Rebels Active: 1
Rainesz

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Bake's 7 (you read that right!)
atomicmayo
It all started with a typo... and ended up with a sort of... baking/general food-related festival... thing? Blake's 7 as various foodstuffs!

You can check out the masterpost of entries here - I highly recommend the Vegetator and Vila's Patchwork Cupcakes!
my tumblr | my twitter | my deviantart | my patreon

http://i-fought-space.tumblr.com
Travisina
Brilliant, Atomicmayo!
I'm rubbish at cooking and baking (so my hubby says, and as he insists on doing all the cooking who am I to argue? Wink ) but I love seeing what other people can create.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Hugbot
Brilliant! Now I am tempted to cook something up ...

JustBrad
I suspect there will some B7 theme confectionery at the June Blake event in Steventon.

winnie-l
I love it! Hilarious!

What an inspiration!! THANKS for the pointer!

Joe Dredd
How about some Egrorian je-heh-heh-heh-lly?

Travisina
Joe Dredd wrote:

How about some Egrorian je-heh-heh-heh-lly?

An evening snack for this week's Orbit rewatch! (Or breakfast, for those of us in the northern hemisphere)

Rainesz
I laughed too hard at these. I might be able to pull off the Zen Crispbread. The Moon Disc Sandbox! Ah hahahha.

And The Vegetator is simply a masterpiece.

Anniew
"What gives you the right to make this decision without prior discussion, Blake?"

" You're welcome to leave at any time Avon if you don't like what I decide but I'd have thought you'd have welcomed a chance to represent the Rebel Alliance in such an important event."

The impasse on the flight deck had the usual effect on those forced to witness it. Sometimes Jenna felt like issuing boxing gloves and making them duke it out. Vila went for a conciliatory approach.

" I think it's kind of nice myself..."

" YOU think!" Avon turned on him with the speed of a spitting cobra. " A fifth grade ignorant and you THINK..."

" Avon!"
"That was uncalled for."
"I just think it might be fun..."

Cally, Gan and Vila spoke in unison but they might as well have remained silent for all the effect their words had on the incensed computer tec.

"And what precisely will you all be contributing to this challenge which Blake has so generously involved us in? One which, I might add, he is ill-equipped to meet."

"Hang on a minute....."
"Well errr....I've got delicate skin haven't I? I thought I'd cheer...."

Blake and Vila stopped mid-sentence to allow each other to finish, giving Avon the chance to override them:

"Can any of you bake a Rosace a L' Orange or a Dampfnudel? Mmm?....Choux buns perhaps? A passable Victorian Sponge?"

Silence. Some foot shuffling. Jenna displaying exaggerated interest in the control console. Finally Cally proffered timidly, " I can make Auron vestile and broxine gaberjecks."

" And the Earth equivalent of those might be....?"

" Ummm, vestile is a bit like cabbage and broxine are a species of fungi. Very nutritious. You chop the vestile leaves and mix them with grated broxines then you wrap them in gaberjeck bark and boil for ten hours until they are soft and..."

"Yes, thank you Cally, " Blake interjected hurriedly. " I'm not sure the judges will be ready for such an esoteric delicacy. Jenna...surely you...?"

"Don't look at me, Blake, I'm a pilot not a baker..."

"Gan...?" Blake pleaded without much hope.

"I'm told my campfire dampers are delicious but that's about it... How about you, Blake...?"

"I lost my sense of taste and smell when I was mind- wiped I'm afraid. I was relying...I was sure..."

"So when it comes down to it, Blakes 7 is effectively, Blakes 1. Again. Count yourself lucky that I number patisserie expertise amongst my many skills. Now listen Blake. I'm not going to enter unless you are prepared to shell out for decent ingredients - I want Madagascan vanilla pods, none of your extract rubbish and you'd better find me Sicilian lemons for my lemon drizzle cake...and real butter not that...."

Everyone sighed and looked accusingly at Blake who affected to be absorbed in his data pad and refused to meet their eyes. They knew that weeks of protein pouches, recycled water and extra duties beckoned while Avon mucked about in Liberator's only kitchen, throwing more hissy fits than a cat chased up a tree when his scones failed to rise.

And galaxies help them, if he was not Star Baker each week or crowned the Rebel Bake Off Champion at the end.

Angry Angel
I've been checking these creations out on Tumblr already, they're brilliant, especially the Vegetator.

Anniew - love it!

http://lucyravenscar.blogspot.com/
Rainesz
Mmmm, Auron vestile and broxine gaberjecks, when prepared correctly, are stupendous. And good for you! Wink

That was hilarious, Anniew. Grin

Joe Dredd
That was great, Anniew! Avon's quest for ingredients puts me in mind of the episode of "Chef!" where Lenny Henry's character has to go around Paris trying to find some English wine for the international cooking competition he's in.

"Vin Angleterre?!? Pffft!!"

I'm surprised Vila didn't ask to hear more about the damp nudie though.

Travisina
Brilliant, Anniew! Now I want some Rosace a L' Orange and Dampfnudel. I'll leave the Auron vestile and broxine gaberjecks for Rainesz to polish off, as she likes them.

Joe Dredd
The BBC has 'The Great British Bake Off', we have 'The Great Vanished Sarkoff'.

MrsMrOlag
THOSE ARE FANTASTIC!!! Too clever, too funny, too much! Fantastic!

Joe Dredd
Joe Dredd wrote:

The BBC has 'The Great British Bake Off', we have 'The Great Vanished Sarkoff'.

I spoke to soon. Strike BBC and replace with Channel 4. Bye bye Mel & Sue!

BradPaula
Of course, any hit British show is often taken and trotted out as an American show here and we had our version of the Great British Bake Off and we even had judge Mary Berry, but with the addition of two B-list actors, it just wasn't the same and besides, we aren't very well versed in English and Continental desserts, so it was a dismal failure, as you can well imagine. But thankfully, our PBS has been buying the British version and showing it so I can keep up with it.

Travisina
Have you heard the kerfuffle about GBBO? The BBC have just lost it to Channel 4, but none of the presenters want to move with it. As a commentator said, "Channel 4 have bought an empty tent!"
http://www.bbc.co...s-37349837

Anniew
Now I want some Rosace a L' Orange and Dampfnudel. I'll leave the Auron vestile and broxine gaberjecks for Rainesz to polish off, as she likes them.

Ah but Travisina. Could you put up with Avon's posturing and smugness as you devoured them? Though I'm not sure he'd be seen dead on channel four anyone so perhaps we should call the whole bake off...off!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Joe Dredd
Travisina wrote:

Have you heard the kerfuffle about GBBO? The BBC have just lost it to Channel 4

That's what I said! : D

I think the BBC should make Paul & Mary the new presenters of Top Gear. That'll solve two problems at once.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.50 seconds
9,128,456 unique visits since 8th January 2014