Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 6

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
the head of Roj Blake
Headhunter
Hi everyone! It's my first post on here, but some of you already know me. I'm Janet and I was displaying half a dozen heads at this years smallspace event.
I've finally got around to taking photographs of the heads and thought you'd like to see some shots of one particular head.
To give a little detail first - Not long ago, I realised that, although I've done the odd non-human mask and a few tiny human heads for action figures, I'd never actually tried to sculpt a full-size human face. This was at the end of April this year. By the end of May, I had somehow sculpted six heads in oil-based clay and taken plaster moulds of them. Through June, I cast the faces in latex and rushed to get them to the state in which they were shown at smallspace on 3rd July. Obviously, I did more work on them since then. It's taken me a while to get around to doing the photo' session, but here we are, at last.

https://photos.go...1LUHZMTjhn
Edited by Headhunter on 22 August 2016 18:44:14

JustBrad
Very impressive. Thanks for sharing.

Joe Dredd
Uncanny!

BradPaula
Wonderful and scary at the same time. Well done! Are you thinking of doing the entire cast?

Angry Angel
Very good sculpt - I love your user name too, very appropriate!

http://lucyravenscar.blogspot.com/
Joe Dredd
Imagine putting this on a mannequin, dressing it in costume and putting it on display at Exterminator's flight deck model.

Anniew
Amazing work headhunter.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

sweevo
It looks almost real!

Travisina
That's amazing work, Headhunter!

Joe Dredd wrote:
Imagine putting this on a mannequin, dressing it in costume and putting it on display at Exterminator's flight deck model.

Move over, Madame Tussaud!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Headhunter
Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

Wonderful and scary at the same time. Well done! Are you thinking of doing the entire cast?

I might eventually. I seem to be on a theme of deceased actors with the six heads I've done and I'm going to stick with that for a while.
I expect I'd make exceptions if asked by the relevant person, though.

Believe me, I have! We need to get hold of a costume, though. Maybe one day we can get that set up for photographs with the actors.

exterminator
The Blake head is stunning (as are the others - I saw them all at Smallspace). Janet, I hope you do lots more of them.

Joe Dredd wrote:

I must admit, I'd thought about doing that too - there's that cosplay costume of Blake's outfit from The Way Back etc. on eBay, which looks rather good, all you'd need then is a cheap dummy ... and I don't mean me!! Grin
----------------------------------------

"There it is!"

Joe Dredd
Alternatively we ask Headhunter to produce an Avon head so we can do a B7/Spitting Image/Smith & Jones head to head sequence.

meegat39
Amazing work!!
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.47 seconds
9,171,513 unique visits since 8th January 2014