Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,238
· Newest Rebel: Philco

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
21% [39 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [27 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [13 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [28 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [30 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
12% [23 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 186
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Blake Event - 11 June 2017
Angry Angel
I've always wanted to know what Tim Tams taste like! I'm sure the B&Bs will be reasonable as long as you let them know you might be late.

http://lucyravenscar.blogspot.com/
Scott
Angry Angel wrote:

I've always wanted to know what Tim Tams taste like! I'm sure the B&Bs will be reasonable as long as you let them know you might be late.

AA

Tim Tams, are essentially the same thing as a Penguin in the UK, although all the Aussies swear blind that Tim Tams are better!!

They aren't easily available over here though, and if I went into work with a pack, I'll very much be in the good books of a number of people. My colleagues also talk fondly of a chocolate, coconut, cherry sweet, but I can't remember what its called.

Cheers.

Scott

Angry Angel
Scott wrote:

Tim Tams, are essentially the same thing as a Penguin in the UK, although all the Aussies swear blind that Tim Tams are better!!

Sounds like we need to do a taste test!

http://lucyravenscar.blogspot.com/
Scott
Spaceresearcher wrote:

Does anyone have any requests on some food I can bring over from Australia that may not be readily available in the UK?(Not sure what that might be except for Daryl Lea chocolates but please do put some requests in as I'll be travelling light to the UK, to go back loaded with goodies and souvenirs etc. ). Oh yeah, perhaps famous Australian Tim Tams may not be prolific in the UK???

Fingers crossed the accommodation I've enquired about get's back to me shortly.
My main concern is if there's curfews at any of these B&B/Inn's as I have no idea what time it will take to get from Heathrow to Steventon and even less idea of when the plane will touch down in Heathrow until closer to the date.

Hi

The main thing you have to consider in sorting your flight times out is making sure you can get a connection to Steventon. The nearest station is Didcot Parkway, and it's then a five/10 minute drive to Steventon (or a 20 minute walk across the fields).

If you're arriving at Heathrow on a Saturday, and if you can get a flight that lands between 9 and 10pm you'll be able to get to Didcot by just changing trains once at Paddington. The latest you need to land to get a train to Didcot is around 10.30pm in order to make one of the last services to Didcot. The last train out of Heathrow where you can get a connection (its slow though, three trains and a CaCool is 11.12pm at the moment, and you'll get to Steventon by around 1.20am.

Most B&Bs/hotels will be ok with a late arrival as long as you speak to them before hand. In terms of getting from London to Steventon, just post when you have more details, and one of us locals will happily check out the routes and train times for you.

Cheers.

Scott

Spaceresearcher
Angry Angel wrote:

Scott wrote:

Sounds like we need to do a taste test!

Well Scott and Angry Angel, I'll be sure to be packing some Tim Tams and let you both decide for yourselves. Smile

Spaceresearcher
Scott wrote:

Angry Angel wrote:

AA

They aren't easily available over here though, and if I went into work with a pack, I'll very much be in the good books of a number of people. My colleagues also talk fondly of a chocolate, coconut, cherry sweet, but I can't remember what its called.

Cheers.

Scott

I think there talking about 'Cherry Ripe' chocolate bars. You have a very nice coconut/cherry centre surrounded in delicious dark chocolate.
https://www.cadbury.com.au/products/chocolate-bars/cherry-ripe-bar.aspx

I'll bring a couple over.

There made by a company called 'Cadbury' which is a famous Australian chocolate company. It was all Australian owned at one stage but it's since been purchased by Kraft the famous American cheese and peanut butter manufacturing company(who even own the famous Vegemite). (They even combined Vegemite with Cadbury chocolate at one stage in a limited edition but whatever you do, DON'T try it if you come across it, for it was horrible). The only Australian mite, is Ozemite now manufactured by the all Australian owned Dick Smith foods.

Speaking of chocolates, I am in love with the UK manufactured Terry's Chocolate Orange balls that have slices inside an orange coloured foil. Those are amazing.
I'm also looking forward to trying some UK made after dinner mints. (They used to have these really nice thin ones that came in a little wrapper for each slice here in Aus but I havn't seen them for a very long time. I'm hoping there still manufactured in the UK).

Spaceresearcher
Scott wrote:

Spaceresearcher wrote:

Does anyone have any requests on some food I can bring over from Australia that may not be readily available in the UK?(Not sure what that might be except for Daryl Lea chocolates but please do put some requests in as I'll be travelling light to the UK, to go back loaded with goodies and souvenirs etc. ). Oh yeah, perhaps famous Australian Tim Tams may not be prolific in the UK???

Fingers crossed the accommodation I've enquired about get's back to me shortly.
My main concern is if there's curfews at any of these B&B/Inn's as I have no idea what time it will take to get from Heathrow to Steventon and even less idea of when the plane will touch down in Heathrow until closer to the date.

Hi

The main thing you have to consider in sorting your flight times out is making sure you can get a connection to Steventon. The nearest station is Didcot Parkway, and it's then a five/10 minute drive to Steventon (or a 20 minute walk across the fields).

If you're arriving at Heathrow on a Saturday, and if you can get a flight that lands between 9 and 10pm you'll be able to get to Didcot by just changing trains once at Paddington. The latest you need to land to get a train to Didcot is around 10.30pm in order to make one of the last services to Didcot. The last train out of Heathrow where you can get a connection (its slow though, three trains and a CaCool is 11.12pm at the moment, and you'll get to Steventon by around 1.20am.

Most B&Bs/hotels will be ok with a late arrival as long as you speak to them before hand. In terms of getting from London to Steventon, just post when you have more details, and one of us locals will happily check out the routes and train times for you.

Cheers.

Scott

Thank you very much Scott, most appreciated direction there. I'll know the times closer to the event but even then you normally have to allow for the occasional stuck in the circuit flight while waiting for landing clearance. (If flights around Aus are anything to go by).

Spaceresearcher
WOOHOO, thankfully got the last room available at the Home Farm Breakfast B&B. It's a twin share so if anyone ends up short a place to crash for the night let me know. I'm sure the owner will not mind so long as there fee is paid but I will of course check with them first.

So looking forward to this event. Here's to 2017!!!

Spaceresearcher
Something else I've been thinking about is bringing a replica suit or 2 for auctioning at the event. Completely donated and all in the name of charity(I've got a manufacturer looking into some and I want to get one first and see if the quality is acceptable before using for auctioning) but if this is a good idea just let me know and I'll see about bringing one or two along.

purplecleric
*** UPDATE ***

Zen has run the numbers through the battle computers and there are not that many tickets left for next years event. Zen advises action at Standard by Twelve to avoid disappointment. +CONFIRMED+

i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah20/thepurplecleric/caption2_zpskjytqps7.jpg

Spaceresearcher
purplecleric wrote:

*** UPDATE ***

Zen has run the numbers through the battle computers and there are not that many tickets left for next years event. Zen advises action at Standard by Twelve to avoid disappointment. +CONFIRMED+

i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah20/thepurplecleric/caption2_zpskjytqps7.jpg

That's fantastic news, so we've already raised say 1200GBP+ for Alzheimers research already(probably more but factoring in running costs etc) just in ticket sales alone?(a wild guess) Way to go Blakes 7 fans. So looking forward to this event.

Ellen York
Sounds like we are taking over the village for the weekend. I can't wait. Smile

And I volunteer to help with the TimTam taste test Grin

Scott
Ellen York wrote:

Why Ellen, your dedication to the noble cause of human taste bud research is most laudable.Angry

Spaceresearcher
Scott wrote:

Ellen York wrote:

Why Ellen, your dedication to the noble cause of human taste bud research is most laudable.Angry

LOL. All rebel volunteers welcome. As I know what they taste like(rather yummy rating), they will be all for fellow fans.

JustBrad
Can't believe I'm making my third trip to Steventon. I've only been to Edinburgh twice. Pfft

Hugbot
JustBrad wrote:

Can't believe I'm making my third trip to Steventon. I've only been to Edinburgh twice. Pfft

Now that you mention it ... it's the same with me! Grin

Travisina
Hugbot wrote:

JustBrad wrote:

Now that you mention it ... it's the same with me! Grin

And me! Smile
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent

JustBrad
ROAD TRIP! We're ALL going to EDINGBURGH!!!!

Maybe next year... (2018)

Anniew
I've never been to Edingburgh!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

JustBrad
Anniew wrote:

I've never been to Edingburgh!

It is freaking Awesome. My fave place in the world. Anywhere in Wales comes a close second.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 1.01 seconds
28,371,163 unique visits since 8th January 2014