Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 6

· Rebels Active: 1
littlesue

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Blake Event - 11 June 2017
littlesue
purplecleric wrote:

littlesue wrote:

Will tickets be available on the day?
Is there a set limit like Cygnus Alpha?
And will your Mum be making the tea again? Grin

Tickets are only available in advance from eventbrite and are limited to 150. We want to make sure the event is relaxed and friendly, and that everyone can have the chance to chat to the guests.

And most importantly - yes, PCMater is serving tea and homemade cakes again. I should really have announced that first!

The problem is, I don't know who, if anyone, will be coming with me. If I buy 2 and it turns out I'm on my own...what happens?

PS...I've bought 2 as I'm sure my Mum would like to tag along again! if not..then Hubby can come along.
Edited by littlesue on 16 August 2016 20:46:57
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

purplecleric
Blake's 7 Artist, Damien May, will design a one-off special canvas for the event which will be auctioned on the day. All proceeds of the auction will go to the supported charity - Alzheimer's Research UK.

For those unfamiliar with his work, Damien has previously provided art for Big Finish on their B7 Audios and previously held a Blake's 7 poster license. There are a couple of examples below. I am fortunate to own one of Damien's canvases from a previous auction and it is a prized possession.

The canvas will be signed by all guests attending - get your tickets now so you don't miss this rare opportunity!

i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah20/thepurplecleric/Damiens%20artwork%202_zps8lxlvsim.jpg

i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah20/thepurplecleric/Damiens%20artwork_zpsidbdbu6b.jpg

clareblues1
*thumbs up* Excellent
The foolish reject what they see;
the wise reject what they think.

BradPaula
Sounds great, PC. Damien May is a great artist, and happily, a good friend, and I have many examples of his work on our walls at home. Can't get enough of his work! Looking forward to the day and very grateful for the chance to win one of Damo's pieces! See you all there!

Angry Angel
Booked our tickets and written it on the calendar, looking forward to seeing everyone!

http://lucyravenscar.blogspot.com/
Sopron
Ticket booked! Well done, PC & GaryGrin

Now I need to make sure I get that Sunday off Angry

Cool

Ellen York
Hope your boss won't be difficult about the time off, Sopron. Paula might be willing to loan her Welsh street sign if he needs some "persuasion".

I need to get with the program and buy my ticket, can't miss out on all the fun Smile

Anniew
Ooh Goodee! All the gang coming. Mega excited!!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

sweevo
After a lot of hesitation and thought, I finally booked my ticket, and this could be my last B7 event for some time. Sad

Correction: My last event as an attendee. I've thought about organising one... but I don't know how. Sad

Addendum: I will be writing and recording a song in memory of Gareth (I started writing it when I first heard of his death but haven't been able to come up with decent lyrics, the plan being to have lyrics in at least three languages - Welsh, English and Italian).
Edited by sweevo on 24 August 2016 21:52:17

BradPaula
I wish you luck with the Gareth tribute song. It's a very nice gesture.

clareblues1
Seconded Paula, for the second time today, ha ha!

clareblues1
While we're thinking about plans for that time of year, next year, I've just discovered a concert at the Royal Albert Hall the weekend after BLAKE con that will feature the theme tunes to Close Encounters, Thunderbirds, Battlestar Galactica, Star Trek, Star Wars and more! It does also include some classical with Gustav Holst's the Planets.

I appreciate this might not be up everyone's street, but it certainly appeals to me a great deal as I love orchestral music and John Williams is one of the best when it comes movie tunes.

Here's the link so can have a look http://www.royala...ectacular/

I shall certainly be getting a ticket for the Saturday matinee! Anyone welcome to join me. To anyone who hasn't been to a classical concert before, don't be afraid, as long as you can sit quietly and applaud when everyone else does you'll be fine. Smile

BradPaula
Clare, we are not yet planning our next trip over, but I have to admit we are tempted about attending a concert at Royal Albert Hall. Thanks for the update.

Spaceresearcher
I'm looking into making this event. What a great opportunity to meet some of my heroes pay homage to a fallen one and meet fellow Blakes 7 fans.

I'd also be up for John Williams (I enjoy the music of both the orchestral composer and the classical guitarist of that name.).

Used to listen to the hits album when I was a kid and enjoyed playing with figures to it. Not to mention the Star Wars albums on Vinyl. (Speaking of which and not wanting to get too far off the beaten track but it's exciting. Has anyone seen those 3D projection vinyls released for the soundtrack of 'The Force Awakens'?).

It's also a credit to Blakes 7 fans that this event will raise money for a very worthy cause. Not to mention in honor of the great Gareth Thomas. It's bad enough we all have to die at some point without loosing our marbles before we go as part of the deal. I've seen several people succumb to this terrible phenomena and the scariest aspect is the figures are rising beyond simply population growth. This has to be right up there next to a cancer cure in terms of medical research priorites.

JustBrad
clareblues1 wrote:

...John Williams is one of the best when it comes movie tunes.

I would argue that he is one of the best classical music composers of the late 20th / early 21st centuries. Where Wagner wrote for the theater, JW writes for the big screen. There are definite similarities in their styles.

Spaceresearcher
JustBrad wrote:

clareblues1 wrote:

I would argue that he is one of the best classical music composers of the late 20th / early 21st centuries. Where Wagner wrote for the theater, JW writes for the big screen. There are definite similarities in their styles.

Totally Agree. He's certainly become a prolific composer, that's for sure.

I'd place Danny Elfman as a close runner up.

Travisina
JustBrad wrote:

clareblues1 wrote:

I agree. In fact, the classical music radio station Classic FM often plays Star Wars and Superman scores.

Spaceresearcher wrote:

I agree with that, too. I've loved Danny Elfman's music ever since the first Tim Burton 'Batman' movie.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

JustBrad
Spaceresearcher wrote:

Totally Agree. He's certainly become a prolific composer, that's for sure.

Indeed, a different, but unique style, so that you immediately know when you are listening to an Elfman score. Same can be said of Ennio Morricone, another great, and while we're at it, I would add James Horner to the list.

winnie-l
Spaceresearcher wrote:I'm looking into making this event.
Whoa - IIRC, Spaceresearcher, you are in AU, confirmed? Have I got that right?
And you are coming to the UK?!
(for this event & jam in a dozen other things!)

sweevo
Writing for the 1st verse of the tribute song is underway - the plan is to have 4 verses to represent each season of the show, each one in a different language (see below) - failing that, I will just do an "inside-out" song (keyboard/synthesiser doing the verses and vocals for the bridge).

1. Welsh
2. English
3. Japanese
4. Italian
Edited by sweevo on 26 August 2016 21:07:34

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.48 seconds
9,184,292 unique visits since 8th January 2014