Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Blake Event - 11 June 2017
Lurena
Down and Safe ( and somewhat exhausted) after an absolutely wonderful long weekend in Blake's 7 Land!
Location visit Abingdon was great, thank you TT for showing us!
What an amazing and heart-warming convention we had!
Thank you Gary for starting it all; thank you Hazel, PC and all Blake's 7 convention Team involved ( which includes PC's Mum and Dad!).
Thank you dear guests for sharing your memories of Gareth with us. You made me smile, but also made me blinking away a tear and I think I was not the only one. I was also moved by Lindaís presence and presentation.
And then..... my first meet with Lttlesue! My apologies for making her cry; honestly, I did cry too ( but later on when I was on my own).
Meeting friends, old and new, it felt like a family.
Yet, I had seen some of you, but I missed to have a chat. Apologies for that. Hopefully I get another chance, another day.
What a wonderful fandom we have, don't we? I am proud of all of you!

Please forgive me not mentioning certain things/people, it must be the age and tiredness.
(and now I am going to have a look at your photos! Grin)
Edit: I have seen photos now!
Thank you all for sharing.
AA Iíll come back to you for your crocheted characters, theyíre lovely, and thanks for the location screenshots.
Scott thank you so much for your Gareth video Tribute. I hope you donít mind that Iíve downloaded it to and have it on my mobile to show my ignorant countrymen what it was all about I went to participate in!
Jon and Becky, I felt so sorry that you had to leave early, Iím wishing you strength and better times; thank you for your (group)photos, they are great!
Cakeinmilk, thank you for creating the B7 Lego! Tomorrow Iím going to assemble my Lego London.YAY!
Edited by Lurena on 14 June 2017 00:55:04
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
Joe Dredd
I'd love to know what all the items auctioned were and what they went for.

Whoever won the miniature PD books, I'm very jealous!! : D

Travisina
Joe Dredd wrote:

I'd love to know what all the items auctioned were and what they went for.

Whoever won the miniature PD books, I'm very jealous!! : D

Well, now. I happened to be taking notes - my soul craved several items, but couldn't afford to bid, so I got vicarious pleasure from noting the items and what they went for.

1. Call sheet for the Big Finish recording of 'Cold Fury', signed by all cast and director Ken Bentley. Donated by Big Finish, auctioned by Paul - £50

2. Signed bust of Paul (one of Headhunter's models). Auctioned by Paul, sold for £80.

3. Kneazle's amazing miniature books, signed by Paul. Auctioned by Paul, the box set went for £85, the individual books - £75. The person who won the box set was none other but our own Nic Best!

4. Working Mini Orac, auctioned by Stephen Greif. President Solvite was bidding on this, and as the bids went higher and higher, I wondered whether Angry Angel knew what was happening! But turned out that she was in the front row and in a splendid display of teamwork, continued the bidding, as a result of which Mr & Mrs Solvite-Angel won Orac for £200!

5. Signed audio CD's of Paul Darrow's Lucifer - I think there were only two, not the full trilogy. Sold for £35.

6. That black & white BBC publicity photo of Gareth, Paul and Michael, signed by all three. Auctioned by Michael, sold for £30 to our own Sweevo!

7. B7 DVD box set signed by lots of people including Peter Tuddenham and Gareth. Auctioned by Michael, sold for £50.

8. Replica Liberator wall communicator. This was one of the items I'd have loved to get. Auctioned by Michael, sold for £65.

9. Huge cinema vinyl poster for Star Wars Episode 1. Auctioned by Michael, sold for £30, I couldn't help thinking it might have raised more at a Star Wars event.

10. A signed menu from a convention. Auctioned by Michael, sold for £30

11. Signed photo of Gareth. Auctioned by Michael, sold for £30.

12. Unofficial studio photos taken on the B7 set by Mat Irvine. Auctioned by Mat, sold for £70.

13. Crocheted Blake, made by Angry Angel. Auctioned by Stephen, sold for £70.

14. Photo collection donated by our Supreme Commander. Auctioned by Stephen, sold for £40.

15. Signed CD of Gareth Thomas' 'The Actor Speaks'. Auctioned by Stephen, sold for £35.

16. Five copies of the special Blake poster by Damien May. Auctioned by Stephen, sold for £20 each.

17. Rehearsal script for 'Shadow', signed by Jan Chappell and David Jackson. Auctioned by Stephen, sold for £120.

18. Signed poster of Gareth and Michael. Auctioned by Michael, sold for £40.

19. Cadfael poster signed by Gareth. Auctioned by Michael, sold for £25.

20. Poster signed by Gareth, Peter Tuddenham and Stephen Greif. Auctioned by Michael, sold for £25.

21. Ceramic B7 plaque, signed by Paul, Michael and Stephen. Auctioned by Michael, sold for £60.

22. Print of June Hudson's Tom Baker Doctor Who costume design, signed by June. Auctioned by Michael, sold for £50.

23. Signed photo of Gareth. Auctioned by Stephen, sold for £45.

23. Ticket to the Space Spectacular Concert on Saturday, donated by Spaceresearcher. Auctioned by Scott, sold for £35.

(FWIW the items my soul craved were the signed 'Cold Fury' call sheet, the 'Shadow' script and the wall communicator. Oh well.)
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

President Solvite
To confirm AA was fully aware of my desire for mini Orac.
I think I managed to capitalise on the argument that Orac would make a great Christmas ornament! I was prepared to go higher too... It may have put me in the dog house with 'er indoors but it would have been worth it. If you're gonna make sad fan purchases/bids they have to be flexible in their ..err, usage Grin

Letting AA continue the bidding was a tactical one, I got her to bat her eyes at Stephen to keep his attention and to ensure we won the bid. The wall communicator I also had an eye on, but I thought I'd be pushing it if I tried for a second three figure purchase!

I'm pretty sure crocheted Blake went for £75 , a last minute bid as I recall.

FYI T, Nic Best won one of the set of books I did get a little confused as there was lots going on very quickly.. If I recall correctly I think the two top bids got a set each. But in any case the auction proceeded quickly and to plan, all to often they are dragged out to intolerable durations.

Hats off to Team Blake, our marvellous guests and of course our attendees for such a fine day! I have yet to come down from the high of the weekend.. No doubt my commute up to Birmingham will bring me back down, still the weekend is coming and the sun is shining. Smile
Edited by President Solvite on 14 June 2017 08:11:41

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Angry Angel
clanger68 wrote:

That last screen shot is inside the Unicorn Theatre courtyard as the they approach the door, the metal staircase has yet to be built.

Ah thanks clanger, that makes sense.

http://lucyravenscar.blogspot.com/
Joe Dredd
Travisina wrote:
Well, now. I happened to be taking notes - my soul craved several items, but couldn't afford to bid, so I got vicarious pleasure from noting the items and what they went for.

Thanks Travisina for the wonderful list, and congratulations to all the winning bidders.

Now I want to know how Kneazle miniaturises books! I'd love to give it a go, so long as it doesn't involve stabilised atomic implosions or nuclear compression charges.

clanger68
The auction was great fun, congratulations to all the winners.

Mrs Clanger was bidding away on my behalf, we agreed on a couple of limits but they soon became 'flexible' on her terms! LOL

Some lovely items and I think a fantastic total was achieved.

It was so good of the guests to stay on to do it, we hoped they would, but did not expect them to, after a long hot day of other activities we would not have been surprised if they just wanted to go home, not a bit of it, they got quite into it didn't they.

I have to say again we are such a lucky fandom to have the celebrities we have, could not ask for better, nicer, people.

Still buzzing from it all.

- Andy
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"

http://www.exewing.co.uk
Angry Angel
The guests were great auctioneers (clearly being an actor is good training for it), and it was lovely of them to stay and do it.

Lorna
I have finally found time to add my comments about this wonderful event. It was such a great day. It was inspired to have the guest panel early on. Everything after just added to the fun. I particularly enjoyed the quiz and the auction. It was great our actors wanted to contribute.
I also enjoyed the times at the Cherry Tree and the Saturday location visit.

Spaceresearcher
exterminator wrote:

Well, what a day that was! Thanks to everyone for making it so special.

A MEGA thanks to yourself Exterminator for bringing along a star attraction. It was so nice to see fellow fans eyes popping out and getting a buzz behind the flight control console of the Liberator. Did anyone compare to Jenna by chance? Smile

Spaceresearcher
Lurena wrote:

Down and Safe ( and somewhat exhausted) after an absolutely wonderful long weekend in Blake's 7 Land!
Location visit Abingdon was great, thank you TT for showing us!
What an amazing and heart-warming convention we had!
Thank you Gary for starting it all; thank you Hazel, PC and all Blake's 7 convention Team involved ( which includes PC's Mum and Dad!).
Thank you dear guests for sharing your memories of Gareth with us. You made me smile, but also made me blinking away a tear and I think I was not the only one. I was also moved by Lindaís presence and presentation.
And then..... my first meet with Lttlesue! My apologies for making her cry; honestly, I did cry too ( but later on when I was on my own).
Meeting friends, old and new, it felt like a family.
Yet, I had seen some of you, but I missed to have a chat. Apologies for that. Hopefully I get another chance, another day.
What a wonderful fandom we have, don't we? I am proud of all of you!

Please forgive me not mentioning certain things/people, it must be the age and tiredness.
(and now I am going to have a look at your photos! Grin)
Edit: I have seen photos now!
Thank you all for sharing.
AA Iíll come back to you for your crocheted characters, theyíre lovely, and thanks for the location screenshots.
Scott thank you so much for your Gareth video Tribute. I hope you donít mind that Iíve downloaded it to and have it on my mobile to show my ignorant countrymen what it was all about I went to participate in!
Jon and Becky, I felt so sorry that you had to leave early, Iím wishing you strength and better times; thank you for your (group)photos, they are great!
Cakeinmilk, thank you for creating the B7 Lego! Tomorrow Iím going to assemble my Lego London.YAY!

It was awesome to finally meet you Lurena and thank you ever so much for the wonderful pictures of your artwork and for signing my book.

clanger68
img1.etsystatic.com/199/0/12548736/il_570xN.1266563877_m277.jpg

https://www.etsy....=related-1

f you couldn't make it to BLAKE then you were missed.

If you weren't there then you missed this!

Limited Edition model LONDON kit.

Beautifully realised and available in very limited quantities for as long as they last.

Follow the link above for more info.

All proceeds going to Alzheimer's Research UK.
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"

http://www.exewing.co.uk
Joe Dredd
Off topic but that Lego S4 Blake & Avon at the same shop is very well done: Click!

dragonq
It sounds as if the event went off well, and it was a lovely day. Living as I do on the other side of the earth, I never get to go to these things, so I can only read jealously and enjoy looking at the photos.

I'm very impressed by the amigurami characters. Are there any patterns? I would happily pay for them if there were; I can crochet to a pattern, but my brain goes into idiot mode at the prospect of customising something.

JustBrad
Spotted in Swansea:

i995.photobucket.com/albums/af77/BradPaula/IMG_4961_zpsp0xgpzc0.jpg

trevor travis
JustBrad wrote:

Spotted in Swansea:

i995.photobucket.com/albums/af77/BradPaula/IMG_4961_zpsp0xgpzc0.jpg

I've translated the Welsh on the right. It says: "Warning! Ignore the English writing to the left to this. It's a lie! Del Grant has always been ginger and always will be. Oh, and a further word of advice. If you see Paula, duck!"

Angry Angel
dragonq wrote:

It sounds as if the event went off well, and it was a lovely day. Living as I do on the other side of the earth, I never get to go to these things, so I can only read jealously and enjoy looking at the photos.

I'm very impressed by the amigurami characters. Are there any patterns? I would happily pay for them if there were; I can crochet to a pattern, but my brain goes into idiot mode at the prospect of customising something.

Thanks! I do sell patterns for all sorts of amigurumi (http://www.lucyra...r.etsy.com) but there's not much of a market for B7 characters, I'll have to sort something out for fans who can crochet.

Kneazle
Thanks to everyone for a brilliant day - sorry it's taken me so long to log in - cat business claimed my attention as I'm the very new delegate of an extremely new full member club of the GCCF - the Egyptian Mau Society.

I loved the day seeing all things Blake 7 - seeing the original Orac and Liberator for the first time was awe inspiring. I had a lovely chat with Matt about the making of some of them, and he was very patient, probably having heard the same questions thousands of times before.

I was very honoured that Paul signed the mini copies of his books, such a fabulous and generous thing to do - but then for him to auction them as well, I nearly fell through the floor. I hope their new owners are happy with them.

I'll keep looking for new events to go to now - I'm definitely hooked, (if I wasn't before) xx

President Solvite
Joe Dredd wrote:

Off topic but that Lego S4 Blake & Avon at the same shop is very well done: Click!

There was Og too, as well as many other items... I could have spent more money on the day there on pretty much all of their items.

I believe TT bought the Og head. But all of their models are very good. My London is now docked on my living room shelf next to our die cast Liberator. Smile

EDIT:
Love your find of that sign in Swansea Paula! Grin

Looks like Wales looked after you weather wise, bit of cloud in the distance but looks bright.

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
cakeinmilk
President Solvite wrote:

Joe Dredd wrote:

There was Og too, as well as many other items... I could have spent more money on the day there on pretty much all of their items.

I believe TT bought the Og head. But all of their models are very good. My London is now docked on my living room shelf next to our die cast Liberator. Smile

EDIT:
Love your find of that sign in Swansea Paula! Grin

Looks like Wales looked after you weather wise, bit of cloud in the distance but looks bright.

Thanks, guys. The remainder of the London has been selling like hot ships and I'm hoping next to do a Lego Liberator kit. It might run as a preorder due to the rarity of certain pieces, but if you're interested drop me an email or a PM. Likely to do more baby Oracs in the future too.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.46 seconds
9,176,480 unique visits since 8th January 2014