Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 10

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 925
· Newest Rebel: uazdah

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Blake Event - 11 June 2017
Grumfoss
Thank you all for a wonderful day. It was my first all B7 event. Thanks for the compliments on my Trooper outfit. It was brilliant to finally chat to other fans of the best British SciFi show ever!
I was sad that I had to leave before the end, but I enjoyed the event very much... when's the next one? Wink

Grum

Welshbungyman
Hi All

Glad to see everyone enjoyed themselves on the day and congratulations to the organising team for what I can see must have been a fantastic event and a fitting tribute to Gareth.

Becky and I would like to just say thanks to everyone for their kind wishes at what is a difficult time especially for her.

On a brighter note and as promised I've uploaded some of the pictures from the Pressure Point location visit on Saturday the link is below

Jon & Becky

https://goo.gl/ph...s9jMX4DLz9

Spaceresearcher
littlesue wrote:

Down and safe back in Locks Heath.
What a truly wonderful day, tears around for my part...(I still can't believe your pressy to me Lurena).
It was so wonderful to meet everyone and thank you for the sweeties and biccies Spaceresearcher...safe journey home to Aussieland and please let us know how you get on with your prize!!!!!

Such a delight to meet you littlesue. Looking forward to the great book and will certainly keep you posted. Down and safe in my hotel in London. Teleported by underground train to Glouster Road. Really amazed at how different the buildings are around here. Oh and I also stopped off at Earl's Court and got a photo by 'The Tardis'. (One of the last Police Boxes in London apparently). Smile

Spaceresearcher
clareblues1 wrote:

Down and safe...a truly brilliant day! Well done to everyone involved in the organising, in fact pat yourselves on the back for an excellent job!

Apologies for not staying later and joining you at the pub for the after con nosh up, but those of you who I spoke to will know why Smile

So great to finally meet you clareblues1, I only wish we'd had more time to chat and I didn't even get to know the reason why you had to leave but I'm sure it must have been a necessity. The important thing is you made it and that's what matters most. Hope your other engagement went well and hope to meet you again sometime.

No apologies necessary but for the record I was a little shocked that you were not in your awesome Tarrant outfit. Smile

Spaceresearcher
cakeinmilk wrote:

Thanks to all - Mrs cakeinmilk and I had a wonderful time and everyone's responses to my Lego creations was a nice justification of the time spent working on them. Such a warm familial feeling about the entire event.

Many thanks for creating them. I was going to get a whole set a little bit later to avoid hogging the table too long but am ever so thrilled with the characters I did get and the great Lego London kit.

sweevo
If I could just get a little bit serious and sentimental (for a change)...

...I just want to let everyone know that I took the liberty of "bootlegging" the event (in audio form, as I did with RTGP 3 - I know it was a bit of a questionable and controversial move, particularly on a moral and ethical level, but I felt it important to have some kind of record of the day). I'll be editing it and recording the linking narration over the next day or two (only the important parts were captured - the guest panel and the charity auction and raffle). It was one hell of a tribute to Gareth (in a good way, of course) and one of the most special conventions ever organised and attended, and I'm glad to have been able to contribute with the music I wrote for the moment, and I'm also especially grateful to have had such gentlemanly guests in the forms of Linda (Gareth's widow), Stephen Greif, Michael Keating, Paul Darrow, Mat Irvine and June Hudson on the day (I found Stephen's tributes to Gareth rather touching, considering he knew him the longest from his RADA days, and I enjoyed the self-deprecating humour on Stephen, Michael and Paul's parts). Gareth had a very reassuring presence about him (even though I only met him once - at RTGP 1 in October 2011), but it was his friendliness and his inquisitive mind that sticks out for me (my defining moment with him was when I asked him if he had preferred to play Blake more frequently in the manner depicted in the infamous final episode instead of the goody two-shoes crusader, and he remarked that that was the first time he had ever been asked that question, which he answered with a reaffirming positive response... I have a feeling that may have been the only time he had ever been asked that question). I also made it through the day without dropping any F-bombs (which is a record for me, plus, I didn't feel like dropping a string of F-bombs in a tribute event was an appropriate thing, so I kept my tongue firmly in my cheek... I don't miss cursing as much as I thought I would).

Thanks to everybody involved in the organisation of this event, thanks to the guests for attending and sharing their memories, and I am sure that this event will be remembered as not only a touching tribute to a fine actor and a gentleman, but as a celebration of his life and his work.

See you on the other side, Gareth.

S.

clanger68
So tired, and need to thank so many people personally, which i will try and do over the next day or so.............but sleep beckons!

It was so lovely to meet old friends, make new ones, and my best wishes to those who couldn't make the event, or had to leave early due to what appears to be distressing circumstances.

For now, and on behalf of Team Blake:

Thank you to all who supported BLAKE.

Thank you so much for making it a truly memorable day.

It was very fantastic to see such warmth and affection being displayed for Gareth.

Hopefully together we have done his memory proud, there were certainly a few overwhelming moments during the day.

The Guests and Organisers really appreciate everyone who attended, volunteered, exhibited, donated, helped from afar, or contributed in any way.

Such a wonderful feeling of everyone all on the same page, all pulling in the same direction.

Watching everyone work together as a team to make the event so special and memorable was truly humbling.

Further details of how much was raised for Alzheimer's Research UK will be posted as soon as known.

For now 'Team Blake' thanks you all, bloomin brilliant the lot of you.
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"

http://www.exewing.co.uk
exterminator
Well, what a day that was! Thanks to everyone for making it so special.
----------------------------------------

"There it is!"

littlesue
Grumfoss wrote:

Thank you all for a wonderful day. It was my first all B7 event. Thanks for the compliments on my Trooper outfit. It was brilliant to finally chat to other fans of the best British SciFi show ever!
I was sad that I had to leave before the end, but I enjoyed the event very much... when's the next one? Wink

Grum

Yes please, can we do one next year?
This was like being back at Teal Vandor, Space City 85 and Space City 86. Absolutely fab!!!
Failing that....everyone upto Smallspace next year. Mat said he was seriously thinking of having the 40th celebrated. Just a question of who to invite....well now, we can think of a few! Grin
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

b7gary
Yes i would like to thank everyone involved with blake,the team many good friends who worked many long hours to make this event fabulous ,you did us proud , our guests where fantastic and everyone who came along for the day ,and for those that didnt.
MY THANKS

Mr Olag
A belated Down and safe!
Would just like to say thank you to everyone who was involved with making the event such a success on Sunday and giving the fans a chance to give Gareth a fitting tribute.

I loved all the little touches like the teleport bracelet wrist band and the badge. I only took mine off this morning. Loved the quiz.

Great to get to meet everyone again over some Horizon ales and to make new friends. What a quality weekend and great total raised for charity.

Four of us even managed to do a pilgrimage to Avery on the Monday.

See you all soon.

Safe journey home to everyone from overseas who still have some holiday time left in UK.

Off to try and put my Lego London together.

Angry Angel
That really was special. We had a great weekend, visiting the locations in Abingdon on Saturday, and just having so much fun chatting to fans, old friends and new. The con ran without a hitch and the guests were so lovely. I can't be the only one that teared up a bit (or 'leaked' as Stephen Greif put it) when the video compilation of Blake was shown before the panel, and then Linda Thomas spoke. It was so nice to hear from them all about what Gareth had meant to them, and how much they enjoyed working on the show.

I was very happy to win Baby Orac in the auction (after Dennis had begged to get it!), and also pleased that my crocheted mini Blake raised so much money. I didn't take many photos, but here are a couple I grabbed at the end.

i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii620/Lucyravenscar/B7/IMG_1708.jpg

i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii620/Lucyravenscar/B7/IMG_1709.jpg

i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii620/Lucyravenscar/B7/IMG_1710.jpg
Edited by Angry Angel on 13 June 2017 18:39:34

http://lucyravenscar.blogspot.com/
Scott
Can I just add my thanks to everyone who helped and/or attended on Sunday, you all helped us make it a great day. Also for those who want to view it again (and indeed those who were unable to see it) you can now find the video tribute to Gareth on YouTube here:

https://youtu.be/...

Cheers.

ScottAngry
Edited by Travisina on 13 June 2017 18:49:19

Travisina
Great photos, AA! I love your Crocheted Characters Smile
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Angry Angel
Thanks Travisina! I'll definitely give that video another watch Scott.

Here are a couple of photos from the locations, with screenshots from Pressure Point to compare.

The door is easily recognisable:

i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii620/Lucyravenscar/B7/Ppnt0360.jpg

i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii620/Lucyravenscar/B7/IMG_1669.jpg

The ruin was a lot more overgrown when they filmed, but you can see one of the pillars clearly:

i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii620/Lucyravenscar/B7/Ppnt0350.jpg

i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii620/Lucyravenscar/B7/Ppnt0356.jpg

i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii620/Lucyravenscar/B7/IMG_1663.jpg

http://lucyravenscar.blogspot.com/
President Solvite
Given the line of roofs and now knowing the location better. I'd say the camera position is located somewhere near the rightmost person in the last photo looking left.

With a similar position looking through the arches (definitely seems to be an ivy clad wall in the background of the episode screenshot)

Thanks to TT for being our guide! Smile

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
clanger68
President Solvite wrote:

Given the line of roofs and now knowing the location better. I'd say the camera position is located somewhere near the rightmost person in the last photo looking left.

With a similar position looking through the arches (definitely seems to be an ivy clad wall in the background of the episode screenshot)

Glad you guys got to see it, superb locations aren't they.

That last screen shot is inside the Unicorn Theatre courtyard as the they approach the door, the metal staircase has yet to be built.
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"

http://www.exewing.co.uk
trevor travis
President Solvite wrote:

No problem. Part of the thanks should go to PC. I phoned her on Friday, to check I knew where I was going Wink

trevor travis
cakeinmilk wrote:

Thanks to all - Mrs cakeinmilk and I had a wonderful time and everyone's responses to my Lego creations was a nice justification of the time spent working on them. Such a warm familial feeling about the entire event.

The lego is fantastic. I've now got Lego Og, Lego Soolin and Lego London. Yay!!!

trevor travis
Welshbungyman wrote:

Hi All

Glad to see everyone enjoyed themselves on the day and congratulations to the organising team for what I can see must have been a fantastic event and a fitting tribute to Gareth.

Becky and I would like to just say thanks to everyone for their kind wishes at what is a difficult time especially for her.

On a brighter note and as promised I've uploaded some of the pictures from the Pressure Point location visit on Saturday the link is below

Jon & Becky

https://goo.gl/ph...s9jMX4DLz9

Jon, the group photos are great!

Sending a virtual hug to you both.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.58 seconds
9,890,342 unique visits since 8th January 2014