Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 10

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
B7 & Cats event 22nd October 2016
Kneazle
ChristineC wrote:

I wasn't able to get to Cygnus Alpha, so am looking into getting to Birmingham for this to make up for it, as sounds like it will be fun!

Kneazle - website mentions gala dinner on the Friday night. How do we book tickets for that...?

Hi Christine

It should be a fun day. Looking forward to seeing Paul judge enormously myself :-)

Re the gala dinner - details of that have yet to be released, but as soon as they become available I will post them.

ChristineC
Excellent, thank you! Is it ok if I DM you a couple of other questions? (Have to plan well ahead due to health issues.)
Twitter: @swefnwynn

Kneazle
ChristineC wrote:

Excellent, thank you! Is it ok if I DM you a couple of other questions? (Have to plan well ahead due to health issues.)

Yes, no problem, ask away.

briggsy1
I hope this event will be televised like Crufts so I can see the best bits. Perhaps Clare Balding will present it?

Kneazle
briggsy1 wrote:

I hope this event will be televised like Crufts so I can see the best bits. Perhaps Clare Balding will present it?

That would be brilliant wouldn't it? I'm pretty certain the Supreme PR manager Lisa will have all of that in hand.

Kneazle
GCCF's twitter Account will shortly be starting to air teasers for the Supreme event please log on and like won't you? I know they're planning to show clips of both fandoms as well as bits from the shows asking people to identify who and what they are. Please like as many times as you can so the GCCF keep them coming and we can spread the news far and wide.

@GCCFcats

Kneazle xx

Kneazle
Re the GCCF twitter account - if you have any particular photos or clips of the series you'd like to see featured, please PLEASE do get in touch and I'll see what I can do :-)

Kneazle
Just seen these two on the GCCF Twitter feed

https://twitter.c...8276754432

https://twitter.c...9275883521
Edited by Mistletoe12 on 26 July 2016 22:18:38

Kneazle
The GCCF are at it again this time with cakes. There are two of a dalek - who is also attending and one of a Blake's 7 cake too. Both are on the Facebook and Twitter accounts.

https://www.faceb...mp;theater

Edited by Travisina to make link clickable
Edited by Travisina on 29 July 2016 18:32:39

Travisina
They're brilliant. Now I want a Blake Cake!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Kneazle
Travisina wrote:

They're brilliant. Now I want a Blake Cake!

Wouldn't that be fab - perhaps someone could make an Avon & Vila cake for the Supreme though? I'd love to see one. Richard Bailey is also lending us his Orac for the day and bringing in a couple of Liberator pods - I'm hoping we'll get a few cos players too.

Have you also seen the intercepted message from Skaro mentioning Paul and Michael - very weird crossing fandoms like this!

https://www.youtu...u.be&a
Edited by Travisina on 29 July 2016 19:28:09

Travisina
Yes, I saw the link on Twitter. What fun, eh?

Mind you, both Paul and Michael have been in episodes of Doctor Who, so it's not quite as fandom-crossing as you might think!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Kneazle
True, but I don't think they met the Daleks did they? I believe Paul was one of the baddies on one occasion?

Kneazle
UPDATE - I'm very unhappy to confirm that Paul Darrow will no longer be the Guest Speaker at the GCCF Gala Dinner on Friday 21st October - Peter Purves is very kindly taking over the slot.

Paul will however be at the GCCF Supreme Show on Saturday 22nd October between 10 am and 1 pm.

Kneazle x

Mistletoe12
Thank you for the update, Kneazle. Much appreciated. Happy to hear Paul will be at the show on the 22nd October - I'm sure it will be a huge success.

Silver Alaunt
HI Kneazle - thanks for letting us know re Paul not doing gala talk. I have never been to a gala but I think it means you have to wear a dress (ladies) and black tie (gents) but I was intending to go even so. I only got to see Paul in one play and had looked forward to him as guest speaker as he has a reputation of being exremely good at it (of course he would be). I did worry a bit about it being too much with the second day though. Still, will be there at the cat show with my hair in a bow and hope to meet B7 friends and our hero.

clareblues1
Hi Kneazle...question...will there be a schedule made available in terms of Paul's 3 hour attendance? i.e. autograph slots, photo time slots?

Cheers Smile
The foolish reject what they see;
the wise reject what they think.

Rainesz
Joe Dredd wrote:

I think this calls for us to think up B7 themed pet names, in the same vein as the Star Wars chickens Hen Solo and Princess Layer, or those political pets Karl Barks and Chairman Meow.

My first thought - a cat called Purr Avon.

Any others?

Purr Avon. Excellent. Grin Grin

Rainesz
Oooooh, I am so envious of everyone going to this! I was excited to hear about this when it was first announced and I live an ocean and a large amount of continent away. As I've said before: I can't imagine anything better than Blake's 7, Doctor Who and CATS.
(Add some good coffee and it'd be... well, purr-fect.
Sorry... Wink )

Kneazle
Hi All

Regarding Paul's attendance at the show. You will be able to see him in Ring 8. He will have his own allotted segment of the ring as each judge has their own section.

Cats will be brought to and from the pens ranged behind him by his team of four lovely ladies, all of whom are highly experienced when it comes to handling cats. Paul's Chief Steward is called Michele, and she's a very experienced cat judge in her own right.

If Paul would like to talk about the cats as he's judging them, then he's more than welcome to do so - but please do remember this will be new to him and judging an animal for the first time can be quite daunting (I know I've done it) - so really - we don't quite know what will happen.

Paul will be in control of what he will do - if he has time to sign anything or do photographs after he's finished judging then he may do so if he wishes.

You will be able to watch Paul judging whatever he decides, as at the Supreme, judging is always visible.

To find Ring 8 when you go in through the main entrance turn left and go to the end of the isle around Meet the Cats, and then go up a bit. It's huge, I promise you won't be able to miss it.

You'll also find Michael, Peter, Colin and John (once he's finished judging) are based around this area as it holds the celebrity signing table, prop table and talk area.

The photo booth is in a room just off the main hall a couple of metres away.

Ring 8 will be visible from the signing area. There will also be a limited print Souvenir Guide featuring a small biog of all our guests.

I could probably find a floor plan if that is confusing, but the area will be signposted.

Kneazle

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.43 seconds
9,188,991 unique visits since 8th January 2014