Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
B7 & Cats event 22nd October 2016
Kneazle
Hi Everyone - I'm a bit of a lurker I'm afraid, however I do have a new event to share...

I went to the Windsor signing event in January this year and was totally captivated by the people I met, (Paul was amazing and and Jack's were just so nice) so, back in my other hobby, (I show pedigree cats) I had a couple of words with the Chairman of the Governing Council of the Cat Fancy knowing he was about to set the main theme for the Supreme Cat Show in October.

The Supreme, which is the feline equivalent of Crufts, always has it's own theme. This year is our 40th Anniversary show, and it's theme is yes you've guessed it... Science Fiction.

And we're going to have FIVE very special Guest Stars to help us celebrate.

Paul Darrow, Michael Keating, John Leeson (Toise from the episode Gambit and also the voice of K9), Colin Baker (Bayban the Butcher) and Peter Purves have all agreed to join us. Paul and John will be helping to judge some of the Household and Pedigree Pets, with Peter acting as the Best in Show MC for that section later in the afternoon.

All five Guest Stars will be available for autographs and photo shoots during the day as well as giving talks and generally walking about in a meet and greet. Spot prizes will be given for the best costumes as we're hoping to have a cosplay event to run alongside the show.

The Venue is the Birmingham NEC. The date 22nd October 2016.

Admission tickets are available now through The Ticket Factory. Type in the Supreme Cat Show. Tenth Planet will be taking Pre Orders for photo shoot and autograph tickets shortly. More details to follow on the Supreme website www.supremecatsho... soon.

So please come along and help support us - this is a brand new style of event for the GCCF, and we'd like to a big success and one to remember.

Many thanks
Kneazle xx
Edited by Travisina on 11 July 2016 07:29:52

clareblues1
*thumbs up* Have made a note of the date, luckily for me the NEC is only 40 mins drive away Smile

I'm Clare J btw...good to have you on the forum Kneazle!
The foolish reject what they see;
the wise reject what they think.

Kneazle
Thank you ClareJ.

I hope it means you'll come? I'll look forward to meeting you.

K x

President Solvite
Welcome Kneazle, sounds like a fun event.. Smile

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
AnnaGrant
This sounds really exciting. What fabulous guests, and a chance to see them in a slightly different setting to the normal convention. I am hoping we might get to spend a bit more time with them. I have been talking with Kneazle and she is working really hard to make this a great event for fans and cat lovers alike. I am hoping to be there-domestic arrangements allowing. ( Wondering how odd I will look if I travel to the NEC in my Anna Grant cloak!)

Kneazle
Thank you for the welcome Solvite :-)

Kneazle
I do hope you're able to make it AnnaGrant.

We've scheduled lots of signing and walk around time as well as a photo shoot opportunity with each of our Guests as we'd like everybody to have a memorable day.

K xx

AnnaGrant
Kneazle wrote:

I do hope you're able to make it AnnaGrant.

We've scheduled lots of signing and walk around time as well as a photo shoot opportunity with each of our Guests as we'd like everybody to have a memorable day.

K xx
i hope I can work it out. The NEC is easily reachable by train from Sheffield. Events organised by fans are often the best, as they know what we want. Hoping to get to speak to Paul. I had a good chat with Michael at Cygnus Alpha but missed out on Paul. Also hope that I will see some of our B7 fan family too.

Travisina
This sounds brilliant! Do you have to buy tickets in advance, or can you just show up on the day?
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Joe Dredd
Welcome Kneazle! It's always great to have new people onboard. I'm glad you enjoyed the signing event in Windsor too.

What a knock-out idea for the Supreme Cat show, and excellent work lining up PD and MK and the others. It all sounds great.

Kneazle wrote:
Spot prizes will be given

I'm tickled pink by this - do you get many cats called Spot? : D

Kneazle
Hi Travisina you can just show up on the day, you don't have to buy tickets, but we thought we'd offer that option anyway, so to avoid disappointment. The Supreme itself is expecting a lot of cats - all of which have to be qualified. Last year there were 1,078 cats.

I loved Windsor Joe Dredd. It was Paul's trilogy which first grabbed my attention and gave me a window back to the shows. Since reading them I've been beating myself over the head with the fact I hadn't realised the fandom was still going strong. It was kind of a Duh moment, you know?

Re the spot prices. I don't personally know or have any cats called Spot - other than Data's cat - however I do have 5 spotty cats myself - does that count?

Thank you everyone for the lovely welcome.

K x

Silver Alaunt
Had an alert that Paul will be at the Supreme Cat Show, NEC, October. It has lots of cats but there is a sci fi bit to lure us in. Tenth Planet involved.

Joe Dredd
I think this calls for us to think up B7 themed pet names, in the same vein as the Star Wars chickens Hen Solo and Princess Layer, or those political pets Karl Barks and Chairman Meow.

My first thought - a cat called Purr Avon.

Any others?

Anniew
B7 and cats - what's not to love! For a bit I was imagining BrianBlessed as old Deuteronomy and Avon and Vila as runpleteezer a on mungojerry. Servalan in the Elaine Page role. But this is even better. Will try to get there and cosplay!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Anniew
Dhole Tarrant? Jenna Starfish?
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Travisina
Anniew wrote:

For a bit I was imagining BrianBlessed as old Deuteronomy and Avon and Vila as runpleteezer a on mungojerry. Servalan in the Elaine Page role.

Oh, LOL! Does that make Blake Growltiger? And Jenna-anydots?

Too bad Jacqueline Pearce won't be there as well - then it would be the Supreme Commander Cat Show Grin
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Joe Dredd
Anniew wrote:

Avon and Vila as runpleteezer and mungojerry.

I only know this song because it was used for a B7 fanvid!

Joe Dredd
It's harder than I thought it would be!

I was very pleased with "Purr Avon" but can't think of anything else as good.

In increasing order of desperation, my list so far is -

Vila Furball
Catty of Auron
Del Terrapin

Kneazle
Hi again

With many thanks to some helpful FB B7 fans - we will how have several B7 Props and a working Orac to join our cast.

K x

Lurena
Oh Kneazle, what a fantastic idea!
It is going to be a top event.
Welcome to Horizon forum!
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.41 seconds
9,189,067 unique visits since 8th January 2014