Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 4

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 918
· Newest Rebel: Wooks63

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Gold
AvonGreen
I thought that Gold, guest starring Roy Kinear, was a good strong one! A simple enough robbery story, but well scripted, and some great imaginative scenes that were quite convincing! I think employing a few more guest actors, as background guests on the pleasurecraft, to make it look busier, would have been a good idea!

I loved the final twist, about changing currency!

Travisina
It's a fun ep, lots to enjoy in it. One of my faves from Season D.

Horizon met and interviewed the writer, Colin Davis, way back in about 1989, and then we had the pleasure of meeting him again at Cygnus Alpha 2 in April. I plan to update and republish his 1989 interview - it was really interesting and amusing.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

ScorpioSurvivor81
An episode bustling with great idea!

winnie-l
Whenever there's news about corruption, this repeats thru my mind:
KEILLER: I'm a security man. A poorly paid one.

yeah, that does explain a lot of problems...

Dragon32
Hmm. I dunno about this one. Watched it for the first time on Tuesday. Roy was cool, obviously. And the heist thing - well, yes it all hung together. Sort of good. 6.5 out of 10.

Having watched the excellent Sand, also for the first time, a week earlier, I might be being too harsh. But those is the breaks!

And Soolin looked *awfully* nice.

Angry Angel
I find it rather dark, the crew seem very unbothered at the guards they have to kill just to get some money.

http://lucyravenscar.blogspot.com/
Travisina
Angry Angel wrote:

I find it rather dark, the crew seem very unbothered at the guards they have to kill just to get some money.

Good point!

But isn't this true pretty much throughout the entire series? Although their motives aren't always for money, the crew leave a trail of bodies in their wake from the communications workers on Saurian Major (or possibly the entire planet) to Avon's "Who?", via any number of Fed personnel and citizens along the way. It's a dark series, is B7!

EDIT: But in Gold, they also take a very dim view of Keiller shooting the nice doctor.

Angry Angel
Honestly, I haven't watched it much so I couldn't quite remember why it felt worse than most other episodes, but I think it might have been the hypocrisy of their attitude to Keiller.

JustBrad
Angry Angel wrote:

It is part of the downhill slide towards Orbit, Warlord, and Blake. In the words or Del Tarrant in Terminal, it's all downhill from here.

Angry Angel
JustBrad wrote:

Angry Angel wrote:

It is part of the downhill slide towards Orbit, Warlord, and Blake. In the words or Del Tarrant in Terminal, it's all downhill from here.

Sounds about right, and as such it fits in nicely. I just don't see it as a fun heist story.

JustBrad
Angry Angel wrote:

Sounds about right, and as such it fits in nicely. I just don't see it as a fun heist story.

Quite. The fun is gone from B7 by that point.

Travisina
JustBrad wrote:

Angry Angel wrote:

Quite. The fun is gone from B7 by that point.

Oops. Maybe I'd better amend the description in the Roundup? It's not a grim heist story, and does have some fun moments, but your points are well made. Alternative adjective, anyone?

JustBrad
Travisina wrote:

Oops. Maybe I'd better amend the description in the Roundup? It's not a grim heist story, and does have some fun moments, but your points are well made. Alternative adjective, anyone?

Well... Keiler is a lot of fun... until he is murdered.... D'Oh!

There's Dayna, nearly dying of a horrible disease, that's good for laugh... wait....

There's the happy ending as the crew gets rich and... oh, heck...

Um... Servlan thinks it's a fun little story, and the background music on the Nova Queen is quite light hearted.

Anniew
A cynical heist story!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

sweevo
A decent story (although I prefer to watch it after "Orbit" instead of before, making Avon's moment of panic in the airlock all the more poetic and karmic - maybe Vila deliberately left him to sweat as payback Smile ) Costumes are a little bit on the dull side except for the shiny PVC jumpsuit/uniform Avon and Soolin wear mid-episode, and as for the latter.... if she had more outfits like that and a more consistent hairstyle (like in this episode and the finale), then she could have beaten Jenna in terms of overall hotness.

Joe Dredd
Angry Angel wrote:

I've been meaning to rewatch S3 and S4 for ages, because for a long time I've had the thought that in "Gold" Dayna is perhaps acting out of character. Leaving aside acts of rebellion and survival, did she commit any criminal acts before this episode? [Thinks: I suppose trying to hijack the Harvest of Kairos would count.]

dragonq
It is dark, but I still find it one of the most enjoyable episodes of season 4. Vila gets to act intelligently in it, as well, which is rather refreshing. What really makes it stands out, though, is Roy Kinnear. Without him, I don't think it would hold up nearly as well.

AvonGreen
Yes, again this is another episode where a guest appearence made a big impact! If keiler had been a flawless and invincible character, the story would not have quite worked as well for me. But Roy Kinnear played the nervous fool, and poorly paid guard, so well. It was very convincing.
I guess that is the problem with intergalactic banks. No sooner do you steal a fortune to spend, when they have just changed the unit of currency, rendering your snatch void!

Oooooh...and Soolin did look very hot in her outfit! I nearly dropped my choc ice down my lovepants, but recovered well with a quick reflex catch!

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.86 seconds
9,450,589 unique visits since 8th January 2014