Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 8

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
July 2016 Fanfic Challenge
trevor travis
AFTERLIFE

As usual, the Federation kept their plans firmly under wraps.

The pre-eminent scientists would have loved to publicise the extraordinary work that they were doing. But they also knew if they did so, they would be writing their own death warrant.

It broke new ground. Once, brain death had been the end. But that was no longer the case. They could re-stimulate the brain, and the mind could go on living on as a series of electrical impulses.

And that mind could then be placed inside a robotic body, capable of all five senses. Hearing. Sight. Touch. Smell. Taste. It would be possible to do them all.

Many would have seen it as a major scientific breakthrough. Life after death.

She saw it somewhat differently.

The metallic body was tied to a wall. She made sure he heard defeat; reports of the latest planets to be turned into mindless zombies by Pylene-50.

She also showed him images of innocent men and women being gunned down, simply because Federation guards fancied some sport.

She ordered the almost mummified body into the room. She knew the robotic form would be able to smell the horrid stench of death.

“You know her, of course”, she said. “Her name was once Jenna Stannis.”

The Mutoids also forced him to touch the body. It was hugely brittle, and one arm simply came away and fell onto the floor and smashed into a thousand pieces. A tear ran down metallic cheeks.

Many would have seen it as a scientific breakthrough. She instead saw it as a chance to keep on punishing her enemies.

The metallic form was weeping. He spoke, in a strange strangulated voice.

“We… will… never… be… free…”

Satisfied that the great dissident had been completely broken, she left the room.

[Edited by Joe Dredd for moderator discussion.]

Rainesz
Oh, Trevor Travis: right in the feels. I think my heart just broke. Beautifully written.

littlesue
I have now got a standing order for tissues....
Some very dark and chilling stories this month as well as some brilliant poetry.
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Hugbot
@Peladon: Love the suspenseful way in which you slowly unravel what is going on, and the fact that you don't give us an explicit explanation of the root cause but leave a little room for mystery (although I am quite sure that I know what Avon did ... Orac is still out there).

@LittleSue & Lurena: More suspense in trying to guess what 'unimportant' Alpha goodies they were stealing ... although I should have known in after the previous instalments of the Revel Rebels series. By the way, in a Spanish restaurant in Flensburg, you get a chocolate-covered coffee bean with your coffee (instead of the usual biscuit). Is that how I have to imagine the dreaded coffee revels? I wouldn't eat a whole bag of them at one go, but they are not bad.

@TT: July ending on a really dark and chilling story ... perfect B7 style! Ingenious idea, and brilliantly shocking.

Anniew
TT - beware of what you wish for! I wished for a TT story but didn't know that as well as the very funny one you were going to serve up a Federation dish of revenge so cold it's freezing! Poor, poor Blake ( I assume it is Blake trapped in that metal case). And Servalan so vicious in her revenge. Hauntingly Black.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

trevor travis
It was even darker before "taste" was edited out, because it pushed the PG-13 boundary a little too much, I think. Wink

I think James Goss would be proud that his 'version' of Servalan (which is what I was attempting to recreate) is ruffling a few feathers!!

purplecleric
What a wonderful collection of grim and glorious stories to round off the month, and special kudos to @thewayback7 for their debut entry. I hope we'll see more!

Travisina
Thanks everyone for your brilliant stories (and for the kind comments on my own).

I'm now locking this thread. The new word prompt challenges for August can be found here - August
and there will also be two new artwork prompt challenges. Get those pencils sharpened!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Joe Dredd
trevor travis wrote:
It was even darker before "taste" was edited out, because it pushed the PG-13 boundary a little too much, I think. ;)

Hi TT, my apologies. I sent you a PM as soon as I edited those three lines out of the story, with an explanation and a copy of the missing lines, but it obviously didn't make it through. I'm not sure what I did wrong but the site was almost at a standstill so I can only think I got out of it prematurely somehow.

I believe Travisina has contacted you about a compromise solution (to do with the monthly collection of entries). Thanks for understanding about this issue.

This should be a PM but I'm loathe to try that again. Hopefully everyone followed my memo and took their sensor discs off for this message.

Stupid. Stupid of me. It's slow. it's really slow, TT. TT, I'm sorry. I'm afraid the eavesdroppers have to listen after all. Didn't want a million people in my head...

Regards,

Joe.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.27 seconds
9,164,033 unique visits since 8th January 2014