Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 6

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 918
· Newest Rebel: Wooks63

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Bloopers & Gaffs
President Solvite
Anniew wrote:

If you're after Holmesian higher criticism Joe, explain why Avon changes his outfit in Headhunter!

The soiled underwear hypothesis doesn't cut it huh? Grin

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Joe Dredd
The planet Terminal goes from being egg-shaped in "Terminal" to round in "Rescue"... though the theory covering that is it depends on what viewpoint you have of the planet.

Travisina
Joe Dredd wrote:

The planet Terminal goes from being egg-shaped in "Terminal" to round in "Rescue"... though the theory covering that is it depends on what viewpoint you have of the planet.

Myth plausible Wink
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Travisina
Update: Hubby's just found this on YouTube - Terminal could actually have been a square planet! Square Round

President Solvite
Travisina wrote:

Update: Hubby's just found this on YouTube - Terminal could actually have been a square planet! Square Round

Hmm its just a 'surface normals' issue....

Next Smile

To appreciate the Terminal question,

1. Boil yourself an egg (and let it cool!)
2. Dry it with a cloth (the material isn't important)
3. Hold the egg up in front of you between thumb and finger with the egg's major axis being at an approximate horizontal pitch
4. Slowly and carefully with the other hand spin the egg and you'll see the shape of 'Terminal' change from ovoid to near circular.
5. Now you can eat the egg (recreating the planets eruption in Rescue) Remember to remove shell first!!!
6. Optionally burn a slice of toast to make Federation Soldiers for dunking purposes *if Egg is soft boiled
Otherwise de-shell and eat whilst watching a B7 episode (preferably not Animals)

NB>
Horizon recommends that if necessary, get a responsible grown up to help you with this investigative task! Smile

eg..

Next on the list lengths and Galactic Wars.. Grin
Edited by President Solvite on 02 July 2016 09:31:40

AvonGreen
This is more of a general series gaff, but given that during their adventures, the crew lose quite alot of teleport bracelets, some of which were even collected by aliens and federation guards, what are the odds that NONE of them simply put them on, to be teleported up as some point in time? As far as i am aware, lost bracelets were NOT deactivated from use. In several episodes, we saw evidence that teleporting undesirables up to the liberator WAS possible (ie, zen did not monitor this), meaning it should have been possible for lost bracelet wearing foes to beam up randomly?
Yet we saw none!?

Joe Dredd
One suggestion is that the bracelets have a self-limiting lifespan.

i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x418/Dash_Decent/Aquatar_zpsmmvhrc6d.jpg

Travisina
AvonGreen wrote:

...it should have been possible for lost bracelet wearing foes to beam up randomly? Yet we saw none!?

In terms of enemies teleporting up, we have that with Vargas in Cygnus Alpha and Mori and the Troopers in Volcano.

I don't think 'random' teleporting was possible - the coordinates have to be set accurately each time, both for putting down and picking up. In Rumours, Avon is left behind in the cellar, and because they'd teleported down outside the house, it was going to take at least two minutes to recalibrate the settings to pick him from that different spot - a distance of less than a mile. So for example, even if one of Sula's rebels had found a stray bracelet during the battle, he wouldn't have been brought up unless he was actually with the rest of the crew.

I like that explanation posted above by Joe Dredd about the self-limiting lifespan of Aquatar, and would add that once the Liberator had left teleport range of any planet they visited, teleport bracelets that had been left behind would have been useless - except possibly as a means of communication.

ZEN1
Joe Dredd wrote:

The big toolbox under one of Liberator's seats in an early episode.
That was in the episode "Trial" just as they are about to attack Servalan's HQ

Joe Dredd wrote:

Orac being in two places at once in <help me out team, what S4 episode was it?>.

And that would be from the episode " Games". Orac can clearly be seen on Scorpio with Dayna, even though Orac was on The Orbiter with Avon & Co

Here you see him here

http://www.framecaplib.com/b7lib/images/games/games216.jpg

and over there...
http://www.framecaplib.com/b7lib/images/games/games218.jpg
Edited by ZEN1 on 10 July 2016 10:13:13

ZEN1
Space Commander Travis wrote:

Every TV series and every movie has bloopers & Gaffs Smile I thought it would be interesting to have a section where those that have been spotted in B7 could be listed.

"well now, all you had to do was ask"! I've noted loads of bloopers over the years, two folders worth in fact.

NB: Who remembers the UKGold Blakes 7 teletext pages when UKGold first started showing the series? I wrote the quiz questions for each episode shown and thrown in afew bloopers from each episode. I even managed to record the pages onto VHS tape.

Joe Dredd
That's a lot of bloopers!

Please share some of them with us ZEN1. It sounds like you have lots of "+Information+"!

President Solvite
Seconded! As to blooper list Smile

ZEN1
President Solvite wrote:

Seconded! As to blooper list Smile

Where would you like them? On this thread, a separate thread or on the episode "rewatches" thread
www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/ernaehrung/food-smiley-010.gif

Nothing like the 1st cuppa tea in the morning

Travisina
Hi, Zen1!

I'd like them two ways, if you agree?

1. You could start a new dedicated thread.
2. Please could you also send them to me as a Word Doc? It would be great to have them on the website in article form, as well as on the Forum - the Articles are more permanent than the Forum, and also more easily back-up-able. I'll send you a PM with my email address.

Thanks!

meegat39
Hi Zen! I think I've met you before Wink
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

ZEN1
meegat39 wrote:

"Confirmed" meegat39. You keep me busy on Louise & Simons B7 site, on a daily basis
www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/ernaehrung/food-smiley-010.gif

Nothing like the 1st cuppa tea in the morning

meegat39
ZEN1 wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

"Confirmed" meegat39. You keep me busy on Louise & Simons B7 site, on a daily basis

Grin Wink Smile
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

StarOne
Watching Deliverance and as the Liberator crew are teleporting Roy from Eastenders - someones teleport bracelet falls off in the Liberator teleport bay, I think its Michael Keating as you can see he changes his pose as if to move to pick it up but then continues with the scene.

You can see the braclet on the floor as they move off but its gone by the time they come back from the medical bay.
This is stupid!

sooper mouse
Anniew wrote:

In Headhunter Avon inexplicably changes his clothes as the headless robot attacks.

That's not a blooper, that's Avon Principle 7:
"If you go outside, always look classy, visible and utterly not fitting in"
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.

jenniferpearson
As for Avon changing his clothes when the headless robot attacks, something similar happened in an episode of Star Trek, Kirk entered the elevator in a gold jumper, and left it wearing a green one .

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.67 seconds
9,450,599 unique visits since 8th January 2014