Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 918
· Newest Rebel: Wooks63

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Unfilmed scripts
cakeinmilk
Could anyone shed any light on the following?

Death Squad - Pip & Jane Baker first season script commissioned for TV. According to the Marvel B7 Winter special the storyline concerned Blake, Gan and Jenna infiltrating a special training group for ruthless Federation killers.

Sweetly Dreaming... Slowly Dying - Robert Holmes story commissioned for TV (Moloch replaced this)

Untitled John Fletcher story - Hell's Angels in space commissioned for TV (Death-Watch replaced this)

Men of Iron - Paul Darrow uncommissioned story (I have a copy of this). Apparently Chris Boucher never saw this, and it isn't looked upon too favourably in the fandom?

I've seen a couple of pages of the Death Squad script, but do full versions of this and the Holmes and Fletcher scripts exist? And if so, how can I acquire copies?

trevor travis
cakeinmilk wrote:

Could anyone shed any light on the following?

Death Squad - Pip & Jane Baker first season script commissioned for TV. According to the Marvel B7 Winter special the storyline concerned Blake, Gan and Jenna infiltrating a special training group for ruthless Federation killers.

Sweetly Dreaming... Slowly Dying - Robert Holmes story commissioned for TV (Moloch replaced this)

Untitled John Fletcher story - Hell's Angels in space commissioned for TV (Death-Watch replaced this)

Men of Iron - Paul Darrow uncommissioned story (I have a copy of this). Apparently Chris Boucher never saw this, and it isn't looked upon too favourably in the fandom?

I've seen a couple of pages of the Death Squad script, but do full versions of this and the Holmes and Fletcher scripts exist? And if so, how can I acquire copies?

I think Horizon has "Death Squad" - it definitely has "The Invaders" (which eventually became "Breakdown" ) because I bought a copy off Supreme Commander Grin

The Robert Holmes script is a fan myth, Death-Watch did replace the John Fletcher story, but I don't think it got as far as a script.

Horizon definitely has "Man Of Iron". It's not Paul's strongest work.

cakeinmilk
trevor travis wrote:

I think Horizon has "Death Squad" - it definitely has "The Invaders" (which eventually became "Breakdown" ) because I bought a copy off Supreme Commander Grin

How can I acquire these? I PM'd Supreme Commander a while ago but never heard anything back..

trevor travis wrote:
The Robert Holmes script is a fan myth, Death-Watch did replace the John Fletcher story, but I don't think it got as far as a script.

Ooh, a fan myth.. any history behind that? The John Fletcher story did get to full script. At least, Mr Fletcher was fairly sure about that when I asked him last week Smile

Anniew
I'm with cake in milk. I'd love to get my hands on these scripts. Could the John Fletcher story have become Star Drive? And why is the Holmes story a fan myth? Do you mean a story was pitched but never got written? Or that the whole thing is made up? If the latter - it's a very specific title so where did it come from? Even if the script wasn't written I'd love to know the story it was going to tell. If anybody has copies they want to sell....... I already have Man of Iron which is a serviceable story but cliched without any real purpose beyond that of showing the crew having an adventure (and not overly plausible.)
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

briggsy1
I'm not surprised Death Squad never got commissioned. Far too scary for a pre-watershed slot. Nevertheless, these unused scripts represent a fascinating glimpse of What Might of Been.

trevor travis
cakeinmilk wrote:
Ooh, a fan myth.. any history behind that? The John Fletcher story did get to full script. At least, Mr Fletcher was fairly sure about that when I asked him last week Smile

That’s interesting… so the John Fletcher script could be out there somewhere. I assume he doesn’t have a copy himself? Death-Watch was apparently written in a major hurry… which makes that episode even more of a triumph. Not bad for a last-minute replacement script!

The Robert Holmes story had been rumoured for years, and it’s been suggested that it was eventually replaced by Moloch. But I’m sure someone tried to research it and found a complete blank and also found nothing had been commissioned from Robert Holmes for Season C. But then again, I’ve just found an article from Rob Emery suggesting it was.

It would be pretty weird to commission a script from such a prominent writer as Robert Holmes and then not use it, especially given that he and Chris Boucher were mates, who often commissioned each other. But it would be great if something was out there somewhere, even if it never got beyond a plot outline. I need to re-read my Robert Holmes book!

I’m sure there were other scripts that fell through as well. Terry Nation was going to write the two-part finale to Season B, but I don’t think he ever started on that… he was asked to concentrate on the opening two episodes of Season C instead. Both the second and third Allan Prior scripts were replacement scripts; did Hostage replace Death-Squad or something else? And what did The Keeper replace? Did he replace Terry or was there another script in the meantime? Also Voice From The Past by Roger Parkes was a replacement script….again what did it replace?

trevor travis
cakeinmilk wrote:
How can I acquire these? I PM'd Supreme Commander a while ago but never heard anything back..

Sorry, that's the only way that I know that you can acquire them.

sweevo
briggsy1 wrote:

I'm not surprised Death Squad never got commissioned. Far too scary for a pre-watershed slot. Nevertheless, these unused scripts represent a fascinating glimpse of What Might of Been.

From what I understand, Death Squad involved Nazi-like experiments on human test subjects to make them into "Super Soldiers", which sounds (and is) warped and disturbing. Again, this is the Federation we are talking about, so warped and disturbing is par for the course.

Supreme Commander
trevor travis wrote:

cakeinmilk wrote:

Sorry, that's the only way that I know that you can acquire them.

So sorry for the lack of response - the website didn't notify me there was a PM waiting and RL has been a bit manic. I DO have the 3 scripts for sale - Death Squad; The Invaders; Man (not Men) of Iron. All very interesting to read in their own ways. Will post here over the weekend how you (and anyone else interested) can acquire one or more of these and again apologies for the delay in replying.

cakeinmilk
Supreme Commander wrote:

So sorry for the lack of response - the website didn't notify me there was a PM waiting and RL has been a bit manic. I DO have the 3 scripts for sale - Death Squad; The Invaders; Man (not Men) of Iron. All very interesting to read in their own ways. Will post here over the weekend how you (and anyone else interested) can acquire one or more of these and again apologies for the delay in replying.

That's really great to hear - thank you so much!

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.73 seconds
9,447,110 unique visits since 8th January 2014