Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Dawn of the Gods
Space Commander Travis
What a bizarre episode. I can't make up my mind whether I loved or loathed it. Avon thinking that putting on a spacesuit would save him from the effects of a black hole ?? What ?? Really ! Willy Wonker, what was he all about ? Vila letting go of the Liberator 'before' the torch hit the deck - how stupid ! The circular back rest at Dayna's Liberator station disappearing and reappearing ? And now the crew are on their way to deliver a message of, well, absolutely no importance - surely not ! So much potential with a black hole on the cards but absolutely nothing happened. I've been left confused, I take it the story Cally told to the crew and believed to be simply a myth to her and her people was in effect actually real - Yes ?

JustBrad
It often shows up on people's list of worst episodes.

Wait till you get to Animals...

Hugbot
I have to confess that I am one of the few people who actually like DotG! It has its flaws (the silly spacesuit story, the funny teeth car and the ridiculous Big Lever) but I love the surreal atmosphere (after all, I am a big fan of René Magritte). Tarrant truthfully answering the questions of the Caliph and yet giving a completely false impression is a classic!
The most fascinating aspect of this episode, however, is the Galactic Monopoly game, which is not just a humorous introduction but a key element to understand the story and the nature of Orac. Orac’s reaction after aborting the game clearly shows that it is unable to differentiate between game and reality. Its perception of reality is nothing more than a computational model based on sensor inputs. The ‘real’ reality is one model, and the game another one. It is this detached view of reality that causes Orac to endanger not only the ship and the crew but also itself just in order to explore the interesting phenomenon of a black hole.

We also have cameo appearances by people from later sci-fi series: Odo from DS9 can be seen for a second, and the Caliph later guest-stars as inquisitor Sebastian in B5.

Plus, Dayna is looking lovely in this episode. Pfft

rojkerr1
I love Dawn of the gods, great atmosphere, dickensian costumes, the idea of the thaarn being a fairy tale coming true for Cally, great lines, re graphite sticks, delicate subtle boot! Scary car nicked from Dr No

trevor travis
Dawn Of The Gods is a great little story. Slightly unravels at the end, but the first 30 minutes are terrific. And the deceptions regarding Orac are superb!

trevor travis
Hugbot wrote:Plus, Dayna is looking lovely in this episode. Pfft

That's definitely caught on, since I started doing it every week with Mrs Peel in The Avengers Grin Grin

Hugbot
I am relieved that I am not the only one who likes Dawn!

trevor travis
The only thing that confuses me is the title. Who is Dawn. Who is she?

Hugbot
trevor travis wrote:

The only thing that confuses me is the title. Who is Dawn. Who is she?

Rae Dawn Chong from Quest for Fire. After all, the Thaarn is a character from the beginning of the Auron civilisation!

Dtar
As much as I like cheesy stuff, I think the piranha car is going too far.
I also think the Caliph is just lame. He just sits there and talks and talks and talks.

President Solvite
It starts off okay, then it just descends into complete silliness.

You know when you supposedly fall into a black hole where the normal rules of physics no longer apply? Apparently it also destroys all rules of logic, coherence, plot and dress sense.

On the plus side we do have plenty of fresh ground black pepper to spice things up a bit Pfft

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
winnie-l
In a different mood, one can focus on the good stuff!
I love the "graphite writing stick" scene!

And I like Groff. Why he's dressed like a early Pioneer office clerk with a shade on his head, suspenders (IIRC) & etc, is an endless mystery...

And who can forget the Liberator crew's <sarcasm>HIGHLY EMOTIONAL</sarcasm> reaction to....

.... the DEATH of VILA ?!?!?!

sooper mouse
DOTG is probably the inspiration for Twin Peaks
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.

sweevo
It's the closest B7 gets to a bad acid trip.

JustBrad
sweevo wrote:

More like "Through The Looking Glass" given the way the Caliph is dressed.

briggsy1
sweevo wrote:

Actually there's plenty of drugs references throughout B7. The pacified dome populace in the Way Back, Cally and the Moonbeams in Shadow, the Pylene 50 pacification programme later on etc.

trevor travis
I think Hugbot, Rojkerr and myself need to have another group hug as the people who like DOTG Wink

sooper mouse
trevor travis wrote:

I think Hugbot, Rojkerr and myself need to have another group hug as the people who like DOTG Wink

I like it too Smile
it's a pretty interesting trip into madness, and continuous proof that Auronars are dangerous.

Does this mean that they don't actually die of old age? that if they stay alive long enough they all wither into horrid little homunculi?
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.

trevor travis
sooper mouse wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

I like it too Smile
it's a pretty interesting trip into madness, and continuous proof that Auronars are dangerous.

Does this mean that they don't actually die of old age? that if they stay alive long enough they all wither into horrid little homunculi?

I didn't think the Thaaaaaaaaarn was an Auron. I thought he was a space traveller who visited Auron.

sooper mouse
trevor travis wrote:

sooper mouse wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

I like it too Smile

I didn't think the Thaaaaaaaaarn was an Auron. I thought he was a space traveller who visited Auron.

what about Saymon?

brb me and photoshop are about to make something that will upset a lot of Cally fans Pfft
(but not share it because the mods would shoot me)

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 1.34 seconds
9,155,396 unique visits since 8th January 2014