Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 2

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Lego Blake's 7
cakeinmilk
Thought this might be of interest to some..

I recently started wanting to incorporate electronics into my builds just for fun and thought a nice starter project might be the Liberator at what Lego aficionados call microscale. The ship is tricky because there are only a few Lego elements that have the requisite angles, so I've done my best. The watch battery in the round gold brick is attached via very thin wires to a tiny LED which is in the reactor, so it lights up real nice.

i.imgur.com/f6fJ6li.jpg

It's not completely finished. I want to make the battery more easily replaceable and incorporate an on/off switch in the nosecone. But it looks good enough for now, in my humble opinion.

I've seen various Lego figures of the cast available on eBay and they're all fairly uninspired using generic widely available pieces at exorbitant prices. I used to make semi-professional Lego builds as an actual job, and still do some designing (I did a run of Lego suffragettes for the WI recently), so I'm going to have a stab at the crew next. Maybe with light up handguns.

Travisina
That's really good! Well done Smile
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Mistletoe12
I'm impressed ... I wish I could make something like this! We currently have Lego Mind Storms here, but I don't think we can turn any of the pieces into a Liberator!

Really! Excellent work!

Space Commander Travis
Very cool indeed Smile

Hugbot
That is really good work and I know what I am talking about. I am not an AFOL myself, but I have translated several books on Lego building and thus I am not easily to impress. In particular, I like microscale models and custom minifigs.
I have already seen some very bad examples where the creators obviously thought that microscale building is about reducing the shape of the original to a minimum of elementary bricks. In reality, it is about thinking out of the box and using elements in ingenious ways to approximate the original as near as possible in this small scale, and that is what you did. Your experience with (semi-) professional Lego building is obvious. (The typical studless design of the stand is a dead giveaway although I think Avon would prefer a studded approach! Pfft)
The few minifig versions of our heroes that I have seen were rather disappointing, and that includes the ones on Hermit. Sorry to say this but anyone who has seen what the masters of the custom minifig craft can do will know what I mean!

By the way, a very impressive large-scale Liberator Lego model can be seen on https://www.flick...067151396/. However, I have the feeling that the creator cheated a little with some of the SNOT connections. I would pay to see the interior structure of that MOC!

Hugbot
Mistletoe12 wrote:

We currently have Lego Mind Storms here, but I don't think we can turn any of the pieces into a Liberator!

Mind Storms is obviously the wrong set to build a Liberator. However, you can try to use the Mind Storm technology (plus additional standard bricks) to build your own functional hugbot or (Heaven forbid!) flashing groin robot!

cakeinmilk
Hugbot wrote:

By the way, a very impressive large-scale Liberator Lego model can be seen on https://www.flick...067151396/. However, I have the feeling that the creator cheated a little with some of the SNOT connections. I would pay to see the interior structure of that MOC!

Thank you (and everyone else) very much for your compliments! I actually interviewed a few years ago with Ed who built that Liberator (he co-runs the Lego company Bright Bricks). It's very impressive but I wouldn't at all be surprised if there was a steel rod running through the centre (especially given it has 2x100w bulbs in the engine).

Are the books you've worked on those published by No Starch Press by any chance?

Hugbot
cakeinmilk wrote:

Are the books you've worked on those published by No Starch Press by any chance?

Yes, exactly. My favourite was The Art of Lego Design by Jordan Schwartz. Amazing models!

trevor travis
Hugbot wrote:

cakeinmilk wrote:

Yes, exactly. My favourite was The Art of Lego Design by Jordan Schwartz. Amazing models!

Huggy, please can you pick a Colin episode for next week - thanks.

cakeinmilk
Hugbot wrote:

Ahh easily one of my favourites!

m.imgur.com/Ck7Ylf1.jpg

President Solvite
Excellent job, well done! Grin

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Joe Dredd
Hugbot wrote:

cakeinmilk wrote:

Of the No Starch Press books, I've really enjoyed the "Lego Adventure" books by Megan H Rothrock. They remind me very much of a wordless Lego magazine I had when I was in primary school which has two Lego characters touring through the city and countryside, with lots of instructions showing you how to build the different things on display. (It also had a sticker sheet, which added to the attraction). The "Beautiful Lego" books by Mike Doyle also have some amazing and staggeringly amazing works in them. Lastly, "Lego Space: Building the Future" by Reid & Goddard (and again, published by NSP) is also enjoyable and praiseworthy.

Anniew
So clever. You'll have to bring your completed displays to Gauda Prime 4 Cakeinmilk So we can marvel at them ( if it's not too much trouble) . It would be so wonderful to see them- particularly if you do the crew too! Then there's the London, Servalan's donut , Scorpio, Decimas, Og....you could be a very old person before you run out of things we'd like to see you make.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

cakeinmilk
Anniew wrote:

So clever. You'll have to bring your completed displays to Gauda Prime 4 Cakeinmilk So we can marvel at them ( if it's not too much trouble) . It would be so wonderful to see them- particularly if you do the crew too! Then there's the London, Servalan's donut , Scorpio, Decimas, Og....you could be a very old person before you run out of things we'd like to see you make.

Oh for sure, that would be great. Haven't heard about that event, though - any details available?

littlesue
cakeinmilk wrote:

Anniew wrote:

Oh for sure, that would be great. Haven't heard about that event, though - any details available?

Unfortunately I don't think there is a Return to Gauda Prime this year....but you could bring them along to Smallspace this Sunday. We could all have a look while having a bacon butty and tea!!! (That's if there's any bacon butties left of course!)
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Hugbot
Joe Dredd wrote:

Lastly, "Lego Space: Building the Future" by Reid & Goddard (and again, published by NSP) is also enjoyable and praiseworthy.

That's the one that tells the story of the Federation, isn't it?

cakeinmilk
I've been working on some custom minifigures.

Hope you like them, and if there's any suggestion for favourite outfits do let me know.

farm9.staticflickr.com/8844/27909087193_b7292b2167_z_d.jpg

farm9.staticflickr.com/8704/28447145261_2612517a5a_z_d.jpg

farm9.staticflickr.com/8779/27909094123_a0fe662a6b_z_d.jpg

Travisina
Those are really good, cakeinmilk!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

JustBrad
Travisina wrote:

Those are really good, cakeinmilk!

Not good - AWESOME!

Everything is Awesome!

thebrighton
The Federation Trooper is Epic. It's like a mini me when I'm wearing my costume. I want! Smile

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.61 seconds
9,115,309 unique visits since 8th January 2014