Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 6

· Rebels Active: 1
littlesue

· Total Rebels: 923
· Newest Rebel: Jon Crockford

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Random Rewatch - B5 Pressure Point
trevor travis
The episode: Barney Five - Pressure Point
The date: Tuesday, June 28th, 2016
The time: 7.45pm UK time

Random Rewatch - No 25

Selected by Brad

In which Servalan is rubbish at hide and seek, but fortunately Kasabi is blind; Avon runs like a girl; Blake's chances of winning 'Babysitter Of The Year' suffer a terminal blow; Jenna & Servie take the lift down to the empty room (how otherwise did they get down there so fast?); and Gan really should have told someone of his polystyrene allergy.

*I* am watching this next Tuesday... sorry... *we* are watching this next Tuesday.

JustBrad
Blake plans to end all Fed oppression,
And fulfill his lifelong obsession.
Yet he would have died had not Jenna arrived,
And Gan done his Hodor impression.

Travisina
JustBrad wrote:

LOL Brad, but surely it's the other way round?
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

trevor travis
Who's Hodor?

Travisina

A bloke whose fate GRRM based on Gan's Wink

trevor travis
Travisina wrote:

I'd like to say that helps, but... who is GRRM? Grin

Is this a Game Of Thrones thing?

Travisina
trevor travis wrote:

Travisina wrote:

I'd like to say that helps, but... who is GRRM? Grin

Is this a Game Of Thrones thing?

It's a Game of Thrones thing. I'd say 'read the books, they're really good' but George RR Martin hasn't got as far in the books as the TV series - Hodor's still alive as far as I'm concerned!

trevor travis
Travisina wrote:
It's a Game of Thrones thing. I'd say 'read the books, they're really good' but George RR Martin hasn't got as far in the books as the TV series - Hodor's still alive as far as I'm concerned!

Blimey, that's one talented guy. Produced all the Beatles records and then created Game Of Thrones Grin

JustBrad
Travisina wrote:

JustBrad wrote:

LOL Brad, but surely it's the other way round?

Yes, but that didn't fit the meter.

JustBrad

Google him, but beware of spoilers.

GRRM is a genius of foreshadowing, clearly a fan of Lord of the Rings, Conan The Barbarian (books, not movies), B7, and Dungeons and Dragons. Hodor is a large Gentle Giant of a man (as opposed to a real giant, which also shows up in his books), who dies so his friends can escape. There is a reason he is called Hodor, but I won't reveal it here for those who haven't seen the series yet.

trevor travis
JustBrad wrote:clearly a fan of Lord of the Rings, Conan The Barbarian (books, not movies), B7, and Dungeons and Dragons.

Meh, don't know them, good lad, and oh my god no.

You've failed to convince me to watch it Brad, especially the D&D reference. Wink

JustBrad
[quote]trevor travis wrote:

Edit: forget everything I said earlier. I just watched the S5 finale. TT, you have no idea what you're missing.
Edited by JustBrad on 27 June 2016 02:44:50

trevor travis
JustBrad wrote:
Edit: forget everything I said earlier. I just watched the S5 finale. TT, you have no idea what you're missing.

Maybe I will at some point, Brad.

After all, I love Buffy, simply on the strength of the series. Teen vampire stuff is generally extremely poor, but Buffy is the exception that proves the rule. Simply because of the strength of the writing, characterisation and acting, plus the vision of Joss Whedon. It's extraordinary for those reasons. Sometimes I'm forced to concede that episode-by-episode, Buffy is probably stronger than B7 or DW.

Actually so is Press Gang. Chidren's ITV (the kids programming on our 'third' channel over here, after BBC1 and BBC2) was largely awful and moronic, but Press Gang bucked that trend completely and gave a show that delighted children and adults alike. It's still Steven Moffat's crown jewels - he hasn't done anything since that surpasses Press Gang.

If you're telling me that Game Of Thrones transcends its genre, that's the best way to persuade me. Telling me it's like D&D will send me running a hundred miles Wink

Travisina
trevor travis wrote:

JustBrad wrote:

If you're telling me that Game Of Thrones transcends its genre, that's the best way to persuade me.

It transcends its genre in the most genre-transcending way imaginable. Pfft

trevor travis
Travisina wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

JustBrad wrote:

If you're telling me that Game Of Thrones transcends its genre, that's the best way to persuade me.

It transcends its genre in the most genre-transcending way imaginable. Pfft

Grin

Yup, that's the way to persuade me. "Look TT, I know you generally don't like sword & sorcery stuff, but you still need to give Game Of Thrones a try..." Wink

Yeah go on then. It'll give me something to watch in the long, boring winter months. It won't be until November, mind.

trevor travis
Shouldn't this week's Staying In Photo be one of Gan after the explosion.... Shock

Travisina
trevor travis wrote:

Shouldn't this week's Staying In Photo be one of Gan after the explosion.... Shock

Did that last time! I try to vary them...

trevor travis
Travisina wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Did that last time! I try to vary them...

Sorry, forgot we'd already had that one Grin

Also Staying In is poor Veron - abandoned by Blake while still underground in Central Control Shock Shock

trevor travis
A reminder that this rewatch of Blake's darkest hour is tonight at 7.45pm UK time.

JustBrad
trevor travis wrote:

... darkest hour...

Darker than Animals, when Og dies?

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.55 seconds
9,808,768 unique visits since 8th January 2014