Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 14

· Rebels Active: 3
meegat39, Joe Dredd, trevor travis

· Total Rebels: 926
· Newest Rebel: Paul Hassall

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch - Australia - Stardrive - 2nd July
trevor travis
The jangly music DEFINITELY doesn't fit after "Who?" Grin Grin

purplecleric
trevor travis wrote:

The jangly music doesn't fit. Full stop.

Travisina
trevor travis wrote:

Could have been worse. Could have had Vere's lyrics!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

trevor travis
Oh no, I've realised that I'm going to miss next Saturday. Can someone make sure Og is looked after and well fed, please.

Gauda Cheese
Travisina wrote:

Gauda Cheese wrote:

Hi all. Sorry I've almost missed this. Election day in Oz

You have elections on a Saturday? Gosh.

Yeah kinda dumb in a country with compulsory voting. Maybe the don't like writing out millions of fines Happy
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...

Travisina
trevor travis wrote:

Oh no, I've realised that I'm going to miss next Saturday. Can someone make sure Og is looked after and well fed, please.

Alternatively, we could have a re-rewatch of Stardrive for the Aussies and postpone Og to the week after?

trevor travis
purplecleric wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

The jangly music doesn't fit. Full stop.

I disagree. It fits "Headhunter". And maybe "Assassin" after Piri's death Grin

trevor travis
Travisina wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Alternatively, we could have a re-rewatch of Stardrive for the Aussies and postpone Og to the week after?

Up to you. It would mean GC could watch "Stardrive".

Travisina
Gauda Cheese wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Gauda Cheese wrote:

Hi all. Sorry I've almost missed this. Election day in Oz

You have elections on a Saturday? Gosh.

Yeah kinda dumb in a country with compulsory voting. Maybe the don't like writing out millions of fines Happy

What do religious Jewish people do? (Serious question - on Saturday not allowed to carry, to write etc).

trevor travis
It's not a 'perfect' episode, but I'm really fond of Stardrive. It's got one of my favourite scenes from the entire series as Vila dupes Avon and Tarrant, and the ending is incredibly memorable and the first foreshadowing that we might be heading somewhere really dark this season.

Travisina
trevor travis wrote:

It's not a 'perfect' episode, but I'm really fond of Stardrive. It's got one of my favourite scenes from the entire series as Vila dupes Avon and Tarrant, and the ending is incredibly memorable and the first foreshadowing that we might be heading somewhere really dark this season.

Yes, it's certainly one of the better ones in Season D. It wouldn't be one that my imaginary producer would drop from the Season, as it's part of two story arcs - souping up the Scorpio, and Avon's descent into whatever he descends into.

Even the Space Rats, which looked ludicrous in the immediate post-punk era, now have a kind of retro charm.

purplecleric
I enjoy Stardrive too - apart from the soggy middle the crusts are excellent.

Hugbot
purplecleric wrote:

I wonder what Atlan's back story is - must be a fanfic there

Atlan is the crown prince of the Empire of Arkon in the M13 star cluster. Approx. 10,000 years ago, he was marooned on the planet Larsaf III (better known to us as Earth) where they named a continent after him. He survived the millenia on Earth thanks to his ‘cell activator’ and eventually became the best friend and comrade in arms of Perry Rhodan. He even regained the throne of Arkon and had a short stint as Emperor Gonozal VIII. In addition to becoming a regular character in Rhodan’s pulp novel series, he also managed to get his own series that lasted for as long as 850 installments.
How this noble warrior could stoop so low as to associate with a gang like the Space Rats is beyond me ... Grin
(Sorry, but I couldn’t resist ... the name ‘Atlan’ popping up in this context makes me smile every time we rewatch Stardrive.)

Dragon32
Just catching up in my own time here. Enjoyed this ep. Thought space rats good idea but a bit er, daft in appearance of pink rockers. Plot amd script good. last scemes a bit shockimg. last word "who" - well all I can say is blimey. Avon you stone cold SOB!

Anybody notice Vila refer to "quartz" when discussing electronic circuits? Quite right, and a reminder that digital watches had just come out in 1981. The sort of thing a 14 year old notices

Or the quartz thing might have been in the previous ep.

Joe Dredd
Hugbot wrote:
he was marooned on the planet Larsaf III (better known to us as Earth) where they named a continent after him.

Did it sink, by any chance?

Joe Dredd
Travisina wrote:
What do religious Jewish people do? (Serious question - on Saturday not allowed to carry, to write etc).

You can lodge a postal vote up to two weeks before the election.

Joe Dredd
trevor travis wrote:

purplecleric wrote:

I think the space rats are fans of Vivyan from the Young Ones

Or rather the around way around. Vivyan was copied from the Space Rats :O :O :D

Maybe Vyvyan founded the Space Rats? "Fit the star drive to my Ford Anglia YOU *********!"

Joe Dredd
purplecleric wrote:

I think the space rats are fans of Vivyan from the Young Ones

I think I'll just pop this here...! (Jings, can it really be 30 years ago?!)

i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x418/Dash_Decent/Avyvyon_750_zpsfnacfdsg.jpg

(Click for a clearer view.)

Travisina
Brilliant! Huge LOL Grin

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.53 seconds
9,898,612 unique visits since 8th January 2014