Login

Username

Password



Not a rebel yet?
CLICK HERE to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

 Print Thread
The B7 Visual Archive
exterminator
Hello!

Hmmm ... Blake's 7. I've been thinking about it a lot recently (and who wouldn't?).

A couple of things I noticed on the previous version of this website:

1. Whenever Gary posted details of a new acquisitions in the "Gary's costumes" thread, there was usually a comment that said something like "Ooh Gary, you should have a website for all your costumes".

2. All the exhibitions and conventions with real Blake's 7 props, models and costumes seem to take place in the UK, as most of them have stayed in this country ... which is great if you live in the UK. If, however, you live on the other side of the planet, it's not so great, and the time, effort and expense of travel might make it impossible to make the journey to come and see these things first-hand.

Between us, Gary and I have got quite a few costumes, props, replicas, models and production items, so ... we've had a bit of a chat, and we'd like to present our idea, "The Blake's 7 Visual Archive", an online Blake's 7 resource for everyone, wherever they are. The plan is to have a number of quality photos and a write-up of each item, so you can see how they look close-up, how they were made, their size, in fact anything that might be relevant and interesting, effectively an online exhibition.

The full website is still a way off, BUT for the moment I have made a test site on one of these "free webspace" places, just so you can get an idea of what it might be like. There are a number of limitations at the moment - the text is just "Lorem Ipsum" body text (just to get a "feel" of the visuals), and there's only one item listed, "Space City" in the "Props and Models" section. I've made this up with images "lovingly stolen" from the internet, but everything works as it should, you can click the thumbnails and view the larger images, and move between the images.

There are still lots of things to be added in the future (I will have to have a "recent additions" page (so everyone can see what's new) and maybe one for "contact", I'll also have to add descriptive meta-text, so that search engines can "find" the site), and I also plan to host the site somewhere "proper", and with a unique URL.

The test site is at http://b7test.cuccfree.org, please have a wander around and let me know what you think. Like I said, there's not much to see, but all the links should work.

One last thing - this isn't just about Gary and me ,if anyone has anything they would like to be put "on display", we would be only too happy to do that, the more the merrier.


Cheers,

Phil and Gary
----------------------------------------

"There it is!"
 
clanger68
exterminator wrote:

Hello!

Hmmm ... Blake's 7. I've been thinking about it a lot recently (and who wouldn't?).

A couple of things I noticed on the previous version of this website:

1. Whenever Gary posted details of a new acquisitions in the "Gary's costumes" thread, there was usually a comment that said something like "Ooh Gary, you should have a website for all your costumes".

2. All the exhibitions and conventions with real Blake's 7 props, models and costumes seem to take place in the UK, as most of them have stayed in this country ... which is great if you live in the UK. If, however, you live on the other side of the planet, it's not so great, and the time, effort and expense of travel might make it impossible to make the journey to come and see these things first-hand.

Between us, Gary and I have got quite a few costumes, props, replicas, models and production items, so ... we've had a bit of a chat, and we'd like to present our idea, "The Blake's 7 Visual Archive", an online Blake's 7 resource for everyone, wherever they are. The plan is to have a number of quality photos and a write-up of each item, so you can see how they look close-up, how they were made, their size, in fact anything that might be relevant and interesting, effectively an online exhibition.

The full website is still a way off, BUT for the moment I have made a test site on one of these "free webspace" places, just so you can get an idea of what it might be like. There are a number of limitations at the moment - the text is just "Lorem Ipsum" body text (just to get a "feel" of the visuals), and there's only one item listed, "Space City" in the "Props and Models" section. I've made this up with images "lovingly stolen" from the internet, but everything works as it should, you can click the thumbnails and view the larger images, and move between the images.

There are still lots of things to be added in the future (I will have to have a "recent additions" page (so everyone can see what's new) and maybe one for "contact", I'll also have to add descriptive meta-text, so that search engines can "find" the site), and I also plan to host the site somewhere "proper", and with a unique URL.

The test site is at http://b7test.cuccfree.org, please have a wander around and let me know what you think. Like I said, there's not much to see, but all the links should work.

One last thing - this isn't just about Gary and me ,if anyone has anything they would like to be put "on display", we would be only too happy to do that, the more the merrier.


Cheers,

Phil and Gary


Great idea and the website looks clean and clear.

That is something I have wanted to see / do for a long time. Grin

I think the headings cover it all, would the production materials cover mechandise?

I have a whole raft of photos, etc and will be glad to contribute.

Andy
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"
 
http://www.exewing.co.uk
Lorna
What a great idea!!!Grin
I am really looking forward to this.
 
exterminator
Ah, I hadn't actually thought of merchandise! That might be something I have to add ...

Thanks!
----------------------------------------

"There it is!"
 
littlesue
What an absolutely brilliant idea!
I'm not a needlework type person at all..I don't know one seam from another, but I loved those costumes and was really amazed at how they were made. PC and I had great fun inspecting them, at Smallspace last year, and even helping Andy who bravely said yes to trying them on.
I'm sure there are loads of people on here who can also guide you through the maze that is a website!!!
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!


sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/
 
trevor travis
This sounds fantastic Cool
 
Angry Angel
*Applauds* Excellent idea!
 
http://lucyravenscar.blogspot.com/
exterminator
littlesue wrote:

I'm sure there are loads of people on here who can also guide you through the maze that is a website!!!

Already done, matey!! Grin Have a look here - http://b7test.cuccfree.org/
----------------------------------------

"There it is!"
 
BradPaula
What a great idea, guys. Good luck! -Paula
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.
 
littlesue
exterminator wrote:

littlesue wrote:

I'm sure there are loads of people on here who can also guide you through the maze that is a website!!!

Already done, matey!! Grin Have a look here - http://b7test.cuccfree.org/


That there lingo. Is it real Latin..or whatever...or made up? I only ask because daughter No.1 did Latin years ago and passed with flying colours. (She maintains all children should learn Latin as it would make it easier for them to learn all the other languages which share its roots, including English.) The thing is, will she start reading it out to me and find something....you know, that will make me come over all faint? (Because I'm a delicate little flower!)Grin
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!


sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/
 
Lurena
Super idea Phil and Gary!!! Thank you for starting this, you know it has been a wish of mine.
If you need some help with photo editing, please let me know, I'll be happy to give a helping hand.

Good luck guys!

@ Sue: 'Lorem Ipsum Dolor' is actually an industry standard dummy text in use by publishers and graphic designers. Although the text itself is jumbled Latin, the gibberish is actually a loosely jumbled passage in Cicero's 'de Finibus'.
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*
 
http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
littlesue
Lurena wrote:

Super idea Phil and Gary!!! Thank you for starting this, you know it has been a wish of mine.
If you need some help with photo editing, please let me know, I'll be happy to give a helping hand.

Good luck guys!

@ Sue: 'Lorem Ipsum Dolor' is actually an industry standard dummy text in use by publishers and graphic designers. Although the text itself is jumbled Latin, the gibberish is actually a loosely jumbled passage in Cicero's 'de Finibus'.


Oh, that's all right then. No blushes...phewGrin
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!


sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/
 
exterminator
Version 0.5 is now uploaded with an extra blank page to stare at - "Merchandise"! Grin

EDIT: I have also added "Contact Us" and "Site Update" pages - links to these pages are on the home page. Enjoy!
Edited by exterminator on 10 February 2014 13:05:03
----------------------------------------

"There it is!"
 
clareblues1
What a great idea!!! Volunteers Tarrant waistcoat for eventual inclusion on the site Smile
The foolish reject what they see;
the wise reject what they think.
 
Scott
Looking good guys, let me know if you want copies of any of the piccies I took of your fantastic collections at the R2GP event a couple of years ago.

Cheers.

Scott
 
clanger68
exterminator wrote:

Version 0.5 is now uploaded with an extra blank page to stare at - "Merchandise"! Grin

EDIT: I have also added "Contact Us" and "Site Update" pages - links to these pages are on the home page. Enjoy!



Yaaay. Happy
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"
 
http://www.exewing.co.uk
littlesue
Daughter no. 1 cast her Latin reading eye over the the words on the website pages and after a 'What???' decreed that I can look at them safely.
That's a University education for you. I always told Hubby it would be money well spent!!!!!
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!


sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/
 
exterminator
Another thought I've had (perhaps something for a bit later in the website's development) would to have a subsection in "Replicas" titled something like "How I made ... ", so if someone made a replica of a B7 item, they could write an article about it, including work-in-progress shots, parts used, dimensions, all that sort of business. Just a thought ... Cool
----------------------------------------

"There it is!"
 
Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.56 seconds
9,184,159 unique visits since 8th January 2014