Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 10

· Rebels Active: 1
trevor travis

· Total Rebels: 926
· Newest Rebel: Paul Hassall

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Teleport bracelets?
Baltech Budapest
Thanks very much Supreme Commander, PM received.
I didn't see an email reply from Martin but it might be stuck in a spam folder.
I understand now and from the little research I have done I realize that Martin only makes the teleport bracelets available via Horizon (which makes perfect sense).
Of course I am definitely interested in ordering one of Martin's official teleport bracelets.
I found out about those Dutch import DVDs just as I was about to order them. I'm so glad I paid the extra few quid for the official BBC box sets, well worth every penny, and when I reach the final episode I might just go back and watch it all again.
Now, signed copies? That's tempting.

wall1885
I once bought a Liberator Bracelet off ebay, many moons back- (the seller didnt say it was one of Martins, to be fair) -

it looked great in the photo- & I must admit it looks great on my wrist, if a little bit worn in places- the colour & alien writing & buttons all appear to be as seen on screen, including the communicator button which looks the correct colour & size.
My only disappointment is that it closes with velcro. I would have preferred a magnet type of thing so that it snaps shut

Also mine has the inside lined with foam

It also came in a nice brown box with a picture, but this doesnt give me any clue as to the source

I might take a pic & post so I can get some opinions

Baltech Budapest
I'd would be curious to see the pic @wall1885.
There was a fan-made bracelet sold on eBay last week which looked quite well made, but for the price it was going for I would rather wait for MB to make mine.

JannaKalderash
I just asked Supreme Commander in a PM to add me to the list.

I'm in no hurry however, I plan to add it to my costume for next year's DragonCon.

Has anyone here ever gone to DragonCon? It's a blast.

I just went for my sixth year, and saw Colin Baker on the BritTrack. He was SUCH a nice guy.

I got his autograph and asked him if he was a grandpa yet. He said "NO! Don't do that to me!"

If I'm lucky enough to get my greedy paws on one of these babies, I plan on taking EXCELLENT care of it.

wall1885
i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79/wall1885/d7ae7d99-f5c3-477d-b457-1353ae042d95_zpsdbe9da46.jpg

i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79/wall1885/DSC_0008_zpsd1d2bdb2.jpg

pictures as requested

tk4721
I know I'm late to the party so to speak, but has the run of bracelets happened ?

I 'd love one!

GaryWales
I too would like one. I'd like it to go with my original prop Liberator gun I bought in auction in the early 90's. Separately, does anyone know how to charge the 'miners' battery that came with it (it was operational in 1993 but is now completely out of charge).

Spaceresearcher
Hi GaryWales,
If worse comes to worse, it's simply a case of knowing what voltage is required. If unsure and you know someone with an adjustable power supply, start at 3V and go up in 1.5V increments. If it's like the original, I believe that was either a 6V or 12V lead acid battery. To charge a lead acid battery, you can get a fairly cheap charger from your local electronics store. The main one I know of in the UK is 'RS Components' who were also the main electrical supplier used for most of the props and consoles etc used in Blakes 7.
You also have Element14(formerly known as Farnell).

Hope that might help you.

GaryWales
Spaceresearcher wrote:

Hi GaryWales,
If worse comes to worse, it's simply a case of knowing what voltage is required. If unsure and you know someone with an adjustable power supply, start at 3V and go up in 1.5V increments. If it's like the original, I believe that was either a 6V or 12V lead acid battery. To charge a lead acid battery, you can get a fairly cheap charger from your local electronics store. The main one I know of in the UK is 'RS Components' who were also the main electrical supplier used for most of the props and consoles etc used in Blakes 7.
You also have Element14(formerly known as Farnell).

Hope that might help you.

Thank you for your wise advice. It is an original prop battery so I either need to charge it or remove it before it corrodes I guess (though it's lasted 37 years so far!). I will contact RS Components. Cheers.

UPDATED: It transpires that by unscrewing the battery pack (4 screws) it contained 4x old LR14 batteries in a cradle so that's a simple replacement job!
Edited by GaryWales on 30 December 2014 17:24:29

Phibian
Hi everyone. I've just joined this sight - spurred on by digging out the DVD box sets from storage (currently watching ''Mission to Destiny''...first time in many, many years) - and just saw this thread.

Has the run of teleport bracelets happened..? I assume it has as it's been months since it was mooted, but if not and there are any ''spare'', I'd definitely be up for buying one.

I must say though, I'd forgotten just how good the series is - watched 7 episodes of the first series in (almost) one sitting. Absolutely loving it! Smile

Travisina
Hi Phibian,

Welcome to Horizon!

I've alerted the Supreme Commander to your query about teleport bracelets - she's the one who organises these with Martin Bower. Expect to hear from her soon.

Meanwhile, come on in and join the chat!

Best,

Travisina
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

meegat39
Hi Phibian, if you love B7, you are in good company!
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

Phibian
Thanks guys - both for the help and the welcome!! Grin

MrAlienMan
Hi, MrAlienMan Here,

I was just wondering how do I go about obtaining a teleport bracelet and how much does one cost.

Only Wondering,Grin

Anniew
dear AM

Teleport bracelets

I've seen them in eBay but can't remember how much. You could try the blue peter approach and make your own. I think the instructions are on YouTube .

Annie
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

JustBrad
Caveat Emptor: Almost anything you see on Ebay is not official.
Martini Bower (who holds the copyright) produces a run of them every so often. Stay tuned.

Supreme Commander
Brad is correct, the Liberator Teleport bracelets copyright is held by Martin Bower who designed and built the original set for the show. His specific contract with the BBC at the time (a copy of which I've seen) shows that unlike most of the other Blake's 7 props, who have no 'individual' copyright owner but were made by the BBC Special Effects Department, Martin has the sole rights to produce them, along with the Federation Trooper Pistols and Rifles.

Martin has very kindly made several runs of bracelets for Horizon and we've been patiently waiting for a gap in his busy schedule so he can make us some more as we now have enough people on the waitlist to make a further run viable/cost effective for him.

The last run was made in spring 2013 - 2 years ago - and were made as closely as possible (given the availability or lack of, of the exact materials that were used at the time of the show) to the originals.

The price in 2013 was 135 plus applicable p&p and as you can imagine, material costs have risen a little in that time. I think we're going to be looking at rounding it up to 150 plus p&p to cover Martin's extra expenditure and intend to speak to him this week to confirm final pricing in case now he's sourced his raw materials it needs to be a little more. Fingers crossed. Once price is confirmed I will start taking orders/payment.

Those people who have been patiently waiting on our 'official waitlist' will be contacted as soon as I'm absolutely sure of the price (I also need to buy in some more sturdy packaging boxes and calculate postage costs so I can get the right money from everyone) but I would hope we'll be able to accommodate anyone else wanting one at this time as well as the waitlist people.

It would be helpful if anyone definitely interested could email me at the Horizon email address which starts horizonb7 and, following the @ symbol, dsl.pipex.com

I'll post up some pictures too, from one of the earlier batches.

As Brad said above "Watch This Space..."

Steve
Wish I had the disposable income ... had a friend years ago who was ex BBC Vis FX who did a few lovely Orac and Scorpio Clip gun copies though haven't heard from him in about 10 years now ...

kmorris12
Please could I be added to the waitlist for a MB teleport bracelet as well if possible.

Thanks

Avon calling
Is it possible for me to be added on to the list for a Martin Bower teleport bracelet?

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.45 seconds
9,900,933 unique visits since 8th January 2014