Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 10

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 923
· Newest Rebel: Jon Crockford

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Teleport bracelets?
RB
Morning all, just wondering about the Martin Bower commission that was supposed to be the end of 2013?
Wasn't there enough names on the list this time Sad

Obsidian
RB wrote:

Morning all, just wondering about the Martin Bower commission that was supposed to be the end of 2013?

Way behind as ever, but I was wondering about these too. Saw a Martin Bower bracelet sell on ebay. Keep hoping for enough disposable income to dispose of on such an item should another come along. Any news? Also Sad
Don't philosophise at me you electronic moron!GrinFrown

http://www.seraglio-design.com
Supreme Commander
Obsidian wrote:

RB wrote:

Way behind as ever, but I was wondering about these too. Saw a Martin Bower bracelet sell on ebay. Keep hoping for enough disposable income to dispose of on such an item should another come along. Any news? Also Sad

Guys, you'll be delighted to know that there are now enough names on the list for Martin to make a further batch. However, he has been very busy working on a film project and so hasn't been able to slot a run of bracelets into his schedule. He's hoping to have some time in the next couple of months and as soon as he is able to confirm I will be writing to everyone on my list (and putting up info here/on the news page) to start collecting payments to secure your orders.

I will be speaking to him again very soon (also about the Fed Rifle project) and will see what can be done.

PS - a word of warning about ebay - there are some unscrupulous folk around who are selling what they CLAIM to be Martin Bower replicas but aren't. Martin only made replica bracelets through Horizon so anyone selling one should have one of his Certificates of Authentication (and I should have a note of the name of the seller in my list of previous customers). Of course people do sometimes move on from fandoms and for whatever reason may be selling a genuine Martin replica, but you should make checks before parting with your credits.

RB
This is great news....would be great to own an original one...
Got Paul to wear one I made at BritSciFi Smile

paulm
Any chance of a newcomer going on the list?

Supreme Commander
paulm wrote:

Any chance of a newcomer going on the list?

Yes, Paulm, will add you to the list. (There are enough on the list for it to be viable for Martin to make another run, but still a few 'spare' places for anyone wanting one this time.)

Will be speaking to Martin again soon to see how he's fixed.

paulm
Ooooh lovely i really couldnt face making one with a plastic bottle and cardboard like i did in the late 70s....

Spaceresearcher
Many thanks SC. Here's hoping on the Federation Trooper rifles. The materials have all been paid for, it's simply the cost of construction now.

Coser
Supreme Commander,

Unfortunately I was not registered at the time the information went out. Is there any chance of getting a costing and information on how/when money is due? I would also like a MB original, but need to know if I can afford it first.

Many Thanks

Coser
"Ask ten different scientists about the environment, population control, genetics, and you'll get ten different answers, but there's one thing every scientist on the planet agrees on. Whether it happens in a hundred years or a thousand years or a million years, eventually our Sun will grow cold and go out. When that happens, it won't just take us. It'll take Marilyn Monroe, and Lao-Tzu, and Einstein, and Morobuto, and Buddy Holly, and Aristophanes…then all of this…all of this…was for nothing. Unless we go to the stars." Commander sinclair, Babylon 5.

Baltech Budapest
Hello all.
I just registered after rediscovering B7 for the first time since '81.
I just purchased a teleport bracelet kit from eBay.
In the description it says it was made by Century Castings. Does anyone know anything about this company?
Cheers

BradPaula
@Baltech Budapest: Hello and welcome to our Forum. As regards to your question about Century Castings... the research I have done says that Century Castings in located in Cardiff,Wales and does indeed sell on ebay- two types of Federation pistols, a communicator, and teleport bracelet.

I can tell you this: the BBC's Martin Bower has personal copyright on the Federation rifles, pistols and the teleport bracelet. So it would seem that the company in question is manufacturing these items illegally as they do not hold the copyright. Horizon does not pursue copyright infringements obviously, but we also don't like the idea of a friend of Horizon like Martin Bower having his copyright infringed upon. I guess the old motto still rings true- buyer beware!

Now occasionally Martin Bower makes up a batch of teleport bracelets himself for members of Horizon. If you are interested in one, please contact Supreme Commander and she can tell you more about getting a genuine teleport bracelet.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask me or any of the other Moderators. -Paula
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Baltech Budapest
Paula thanks very much for the information.
I now wish I had registered here and asked the question before hastily parting with my money.
I assumed they were genuine, especially as they had a limited run and were selling fast.
I would definitely be interested in buying the real thing as and when they become available.
Cheers
Matt

Baltech Budapest
Hi again.

I was just wondering if Martin Bower is still accepting orders for his teleport bracelets. or am I too late to be be added to the list?

I sent a PM to Supreme Commander about this but no reply. I also sent Martin Bower an email enquiry but no reply.

Many thanks

Matt

BradPaula
Baltech Budapest wrote:

Hi again.

I was just wondering if Martin Bower is still accepting orders for his teleport bracelets. or am I too late to be be added to the list?

I sent a PM to Supreme Commander about this but no reply. I also sent Martin Bower an email enquiry but no reply.

Many thanks

Matt

Hi Baltech Budapest: I believe that Martin Bower does batches of teleport bracelets every so often and when there is enough people interested, Supreme Commander gets in touch with him and he makes a batch. You might want to drop another PM to Supreme Commander and I will leave a note for her in the Mod's section of the Forum so she can see you are interested. Sorry for any inconvenience. -Paula

Baltech Budapest
Hi Paula

Thanks for the quick reply, I appreciate that. I'll PM Supreme Commander again as you suggest.

Totally unrelated, but still relevant to this merchandise area. I found and bought a copy of the official B7 Programme Guide (Target Book) on Amazon for 1p. What a bargain!
Since I recently bought the BBC boxsets of all 4 series I now have this handy reference book to refer to as I watch each episode.
At the time of this post I am up to Series C, Ep 5 "The Harvest Of Kairos". Superb, and brings back some lovely memories from my childhood.

BradPaula
@ Baltech Budapest, aka Matt: I can't tell you how handy the Programme Guide has been to us. It's a quick reference to actors names and then plots to the series and I would not be without it. Yes indeed, you got a bargain!

I'm glad you were able to purchase the boxsets of all 4 series. We had to buy a DVD player which plays multiple formats as the DVD's were never sold in America with our format so of course we had to buy the British discs and a DVD player to use them and we consider that to be a great investment for a couple of Blake's 7 fanatics.

We do a weekly rewatch of Blake's 7 episodes on Tuesday evening, 7:45 pm UK time. If you are able, by all means join us as it's always a fun time. This week we watch Ultraworld. -Paula
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Baltech Budapest
Thanks a lot Paula.
I noticed that there was a box set of the full series at a cheaper price but luckily I noticed that it was a Dutch import and opted to buy the original BBC discs at a higher price. You get what you pay for, and I'm so glad I spent the extra money on the 'real thing'. BBC always produce excellent quality DVD sets. I so surprised they haven't released B7 for your region, or at least a region free version.
I think I would have done the same as you and purchased the multi-region player. A good investment all round.
I will certainly join you for the rewatch, but first I would like to finish watching the DVDs so as not to spoil the surprises. I haven't seen any episodes since they were originally broadcast many years ago. I'm not even reading the episode guides until I have watch a particular episode. But once I have reached the final episode I will certainly join in. Thanks a lot for the invitation.
Matt

President Solvite
Welcome aboard - Matt,

I think you're certainly in for a treat, watching wise..

Its nice to rediscover an old series and be pleasantly surprised that on the whole it is as good as you remembered (or even sometimes better!)

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Baltech Budapest
President Solvite wrote:

Welcome aboard - Matt,

I think you're certainly in for a treat, watching wise..

Its nice to rediscover an old series and be pleasantly surprised that on the whole it is as good as you remembered (or even sometimes better!)

Thanks very much. It's definitely better than I remembered it to be.
I suppose that's because I was only 8 or 9 years old when it was first broadcast and I wasn't much interested in the dialogue and the brilliant and complex relationships between the characters. At that young age I was more interested in the action and the gadgets. Now I can watch it all and appreciate everything. I'm really enjoying it. As soon as the opening theme music starts I get goosebumps and I know there's a new and exciting adventure and plot twist.

Supreme Commander
Sorry for the delay in replying to your PM Baltech Budapest - as I have now said in my PM back to you, there is still room for a few more on the teleport bracelet waitlist but in theory we do now have enough people to make a new run viable.

I have spoken to Martin and he's going to let me know when he thinks he might be able to pause in the big film project he's working on to make us some more bracelets - it's taken longer than he expected so isn't sure exactly when this might be possible, but hopefully soon.

The last run of bracelets were working out to around £135 plus postage/insurance - probably the price will be a few pounds higher to cover cost of materials increasing since last time (I don't have the date in front of me right now but it was in 2013 at some point)

I thought Martin had replied to you (saying you needed to contact me as I'm looking after the waitlist and organising everything for him) - did you not get his email?

Glad to hear you're enjoying your re-immersion into the world of Blake's 7 - you're in good company here.

By the way, in case anyone is tempted by the Dutch imports DVDs - as far as I know they did not have any of the Extra Features which make the regular UK Region 2 copies so much more special, the Dutch ones are literally just the episodes and nothing more.

And for anyone wanting something extra as well as the Extra Features, Horizon does have a small quantity of Signed copies signed by various cast members - from a DVD with 1 cast member's signature to copies signed by 11 different cast members, and most numbers in between. The prices vary depending on how many signatures (and whose they are) - I've just updated the list of what's available which I keep meaning to put up on the site, but in the meantime it's available to be emailed if anyone is interested.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.50 seconds
9,812,810 unique visits since 8th January 2014