Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 4

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 908
· Newest Rebel: TheElfandherFriends

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Looking for a b7 article on line
Joe Dredd
Years ago I read an essay on line supporting the theory that Avon and Blake were working together in "Blake". I think it was by Betty Ragan.

Does this ring a bell with anyone? Does anyone know where I can find it again?

winnie-l
Joe Dredd wrote:
Years ago I read an essay on line supporting the theory that Avon and Blake were working together in "Blake". I think it was by Betty Ragan.Does this ring a bell with anyone?
+CONFIRMED+
Does anyone know where I can find it again?
Well now - you only had to ask. (apols, couldn't help that!)
http://web.archiv...heory.html

Joe Dredd
Thank you very much Winnie, that is exactly the article I was looking for.

I did consider asking you first but I thought a wider appeal would have a better chance of success. Obviously my first instinct - "if anyone will have a copy or know where it is, it'll be Winnie" - was the correct one.

And no wonder I couldn't find it, searching for Betty Ragan instead of Betsy Ramsey. Not bad for a name I read several years ago off the top of my head, but not good enough. Close but no cigar!

winnie-l
Goodness Maestro, you do me too much credit & yourself not enough. My "Essays" directory collected, like all my other B7 stuff, magpie-like, hither & yon around the IntarWeb over the years, is just a dumping-ground mess (I really should index it one day, instead of goofing off so much...) & I hardly remembered the essay even existed, much less who wrote it! So you're several up on me! Fortunate having saved it titled gptheory & the long url too, it seemed a likely candidate. Glad to help.

Besides, by posting query+answer here, others too may follow the link & read (hopefully enjoy) the essay, which is pretty good.

She says
Avon doesn't have the weapon he uses to shoot Klyn and Blake before we see him enter the tracking gallery. It's not one of the weapons carried by the men who attacked Vila, Dayna and Soolin in the shack,...

I gotta watch 52.Blake closer again, I thought the gun Avon used in Blake's GaudaPrime Base was one of the ones from the men who attacked Vila etc in the shack.
Ah yes that sounds more diverting than indexing that Essays directory....

winnie-"Why put off till tomorrow what you can put off till next week"-l

littlesue
winnie-l wrote:

Goodness Maestro, you do me too much credit & yourself not enough. My "Essays" directory collected, like all my other B7 stuff, magpie-like, hither & yon around the IntarWeb over the years, is just a dumping-ground mess (I really should index it one day, instead of goofing off so much...) & I hardly remembered the essay even existed, much less who wrote it! So you're several up on me! Fortunate having saved it titled gptheory & the long url too, it seemed a likely candidate. Glad to help.

Besides, by posting query+answer here, others too may follow the link & read (hopefully enjoy) the essay, which is pretty good.

She says
Avon doesn't have the weapon he uses to shoot Klyn and Blake before we see him enter the tracking gallery. It's not one of the weapons carried by the men who attacked Vila, Dayna and Soolin in the shack,...

I gotta watch 52.Blake closer again, I thought the gun Avon used in Blake's GaudaPrime Base was one of the ones from the men who attacked Vila etc in the shack.
Ah yes that sounds more diverting than indexing that Essays directory....

winnie-"Why put off till tomorrow what you can put off till next week"-l

Winnie...I think all you 'stuff' is worthy of its own website, by the sound of it, or at least a link via Gary and Phil's new on-line archive, which is taking shape nicelyGrin
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

winnie-l
This is sort of related... instead of a new thread, re-use an old (am in eco-mode)

A really interesting essay about Blake's 7 has been published on a blog.
http://www.strang...es-a.shtml

"Boucher, Backbone and Blake - the legacy of Blakes 7 by Erin Horáková"

She gets right the crux about how imitations (or attempts at remake) fail:
... often what subsequent creators have made off with isn't what actually works best about Blakes 7. They shake the silver out onto the carpet and make off with the nice-but-less-valuable cabinet it was kept in.
+CONFIRMED+ - they get some Form like B7, but are blind to getting the right Content.

And they don't do anything as sensible as getting Chris Boucher involved!
... no one involved in the many and various reboot schemes seems to feel it necessary to try and hire Boucher. (Come on, you wouldn't even have to admit to wanting or needing him back - you could say some really implausible bullshit about having had his address for a long time and needing a Figurehead, that would work.)
Brilliant, LOL!

Accused of a name-blackening crime and stripped of his memories, Blake understands the mutable nature of image and event better than Avon (who is, as he and we will find out in two series' time, laboring under severe misapprehensions on these very grounds about one of the very few people he trusts, and possibly about the very events which have landed him on this prison ship).
Wow! Yep, brilliant stuff, a pleasure to read!

Recommended.

winnie-l
I know there are some clunkers in these scripts (I can't pull anything that's gone regrettable out of the fridge without sadly telling it, "Yes. That is how I reasoned you would look." ("Moloch"))
*choke*with*laughter* HILARIOUS!

Travisina
I've put a link to it on the front page, under Blogs, Articles & Podcasts.

Some of the writing is a bit torturous, and there are some very convoluted sentences (and strong language) but I loved lots of what she had to say, especially about 'Trial'.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Anniew
Brilliant, incisive, funny as hell but somebody should ban her from using parenthesis.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.37 seconds
9,101,877 unique visits since 8th January 2014