Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 10

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
June Artwork FanFic Challenge - by Atomicmayo
Travisina
66.media.tumblr.com/424bc3035b35fbed86592e2675eb69ba/tumblr_nst7q200Hr1uqi1nzo1_1280.jpg
(Click on the image to see the larger version)

Atomicmayo originally submitted a different pic for June, featuring Avon and Blake, but because we've had a Blake-heavy couple of months, I asked if she would mind if we postponed that one to July, and for this month use one of her pics that featured another character. She suggested this picture of Gan, which is one of her favourites (it's one of my favourites, too!).

Looking forward to reading your stories...
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Anniew
The lantern lit the path ahead with uneven splashes of yellow with each swinging step but despite the rough terrain he trod confidently, placing his feet squarely on the pitted ground. The risk of a broken ankle was nothing to a man as much in love as Olag Gan and nothing was going to stand in the way of him and his Oleana. He couldn't wait to see her again and ate up the metres with huge strides.

On his shoulder the box containing the treasure of his House bounced and swayed. The contents were wrapped securely and he wasn't concerned that they'd get damaged. He was just excited to be bringing them to Oleana. He had promised to gift them to her as a sign of their bonding, following the tradition of his House.

It was pitch black when he arrived at her family's cottage and was shown into the parlour. Gingerly he perched on the couch, hearing it creak in protest as it absorbed his weight. He set his box down beside him. The room was dingy, cramped despite the fact that it contained only two pieces of furniture, the couch and a wooden dresser, on which was placed, he was touched to see, a bunch of pretty weeds crammed into a tin can. He leaned forward and put his lantern on the shelf, his hand touching the thick layer of dust that coated it. Fastidiously, he wiped it clean on his cloak as he settled back down.

There was a delay before Oleana entered and he had been aware before she came of some sort of disturbance outside. Voices had been slightly raised and it seemed to him that someone had protested and had then been reprimanded. Oleana, beautiful as always, looked strained, her mouth compressed in a straight line. She sat herself bolt upright beside him and merely nodded when he took her hand. He felt there was a resistance in it, as if she had gone to pull it away but when he looked at her, anxious and questioning, she merely smiled and said clearly,

" I see you have brought it, Gan. Show me."

"Yes," he replied, his voice husky with love. He lifted the box onto his knees and twisted the latch so that it opened fully.

"Show me," she said again. "Show me what you have brought me, Olag Gan."

Shyly he held out the box and she leaned forward eagerly, peering inside and then he felt her stiffen, her shoulders raising and her hands clenching. Even in the dim light he could see the contempt that curled her lip. Abruptly she stood.

" And is this what I am worth to you? A spoon, a bell, a baby's rattle? A....child's dress. This is no treasure. You promised...you said you would give me the treasures of your House."

"But these are our treasures, " he tried to explain. "Each generation holds them in trust for the first born of the bonding..."

She pushed him aside.

The way back to his house was long and hard and his box of treasure bounced bruisingly against his shoulder.

About a month later he got in a fight with the Federation Trooper he saw smiling at Oleana and snapped his neck.

He wondered later, after his sentencing, how he had ever been capable of so much feeling.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Ellen York
That one needs the tissue box warning, Annie. Poor Gan Sad

Anniew
I don't seem able to write Gan in any way but Tragic, Ellen. If he had a little lamb I'm sure it would die!!

Hugbot
Very poignant story, Annie; sad but beautiful. Sad

Hugbot
Tissue box warning – Ellen, prepare yourself!

Caged Lights

He went to work, but nonetheless we was looking forward to it. After all, he would work with her. At first, he had been very reluctant when they had assigned him as an assistant to the village Elder who did the bookkeeping for the community. But on his first day at Elder Smythe’s house, he learned that it was not the Elder himself who did the accounting, but his daughter; his beautiful, lovely daughter. They worked together, they laughed together, they talked for long hours ... and they fell madly in love with each other.

In a box on his shoulder, Gan carried the files he had collected from the farms. It was a heavy box, but Gan did not feel its weight. He was a strong man, and his light-footed walk betrayed his joy to be on his way to her. He hummed a cheerful tune and swung his fungus lantern in an equally cheerful way.

Of course, you should mind your step when you walk on a rough path in the evening, no matter if you are in love or not. Suddenly, Gan stumbled and fell flat on his face. The box with the files thudded to the ground, and the lantern crashed with a ringing sound.

Gan cursed and got back on his knees. The box was only slightly dented, but the glass of the lantern was broken. The phosphorescent fungus had fallen out of its cage. When Gan bent forward to scoop it back into the lantern, he saw it move. Of course, the slimy mould only dripped into the small dimples in the path and flowed through the grooves, but it looked like a deliberate motion, as if the shining stuff had escaped the cage of the lantern and tried to flee.

Normally, Gan would not have wasted a good glow-mould on such a sentimental notion. But he was in the mood for being sentimental. He had set the light free, and that felt good. The moon and the stars would guide him to his love.

After they had put that thing into his head, he felt like a caged soul. When the roof came down and the heavy beam crushed his skull, his inner light broke free, and that felt good. The moon and the stars would guide him back to his love.

Travisina
Brilliant, Annie & Hugbot!

And so typical of B7 that a happy picture of Gan generates really sad stories!

Need more tissues...

littlesue
Help...I'm running out of tissues..................................
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Ellen York
I've a spare box, help yourself.

I like the idea of the glow-mould, perhaps a distant cousin of the moondisks.

atomicmayo
oooomg there is so much Gan In Love already. XD I love both of these! You get the angstiness with Annie and the happiness with Hugbot and the prompt fills are downright alliterative and oh man - what a great thing to read just before I have to go do responsible stuff haha
my tumblr | my twitter | my deviantart | my patreon

http://i-fought-space.tumblr.com
Hugbot
Ellen York wrote:

I like the idea of the glow-mould

The credit goes to atomicmayo, who already mentioned the 'weird fungus light' in her original post. I was also fascinated by this concept of bio technology so that I wanted to elaborate on that.

atomicmayo wrote:

the happiness with Hugbot

Ummm ... have you read the final lines - ? Grin

atomicmayo wrote:

just before I have to go do responsible stuff haha

You mean - more of your wonderful B7 illustrations?

atomicmayo

Ummm ... have you read the final lines - ? Grin

Shhh, it's alliterative! XD and I totally didn't pretend it wasn't there to stop myself from crying or anything.

(Also omg its incredibly hard to reply to forum posts with my phone o_o)

Lurena
I ran out of tissues and because of running out of budget too, I"m using tea-towels now.
I always have a weak spot for the Gan character.

Brilliant tragic stories Hugbot and Anniew! How come you guys can deliver your stories so fast? Are you living 24 hrs/day in the B7 universe?

Atomicmayo, thanks for that very nice illustration!
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
Anniew
I'm glad you all liked the story but I am determined to write a happy Gan story before the end of the month. Determined.

atomicmayo
Anniew wrote:

I'm glad you all liked the story but I am determined to write a happy Gan story before the end of the month. Determined.

Shock Be my hero, Annie. I believe in you!

Lurena
As you know English is not my native tongue, hence my apology for writing/spelling errors.
If you ever lost someone in violence, you will know there come nightmares, again and again…
Tissue warning:

A Dream Lost

The late summer breeze, the gentle movement of the water and the evening twilight made him drowsy so he fell asleep with his head on the small navigation console of his river vessel.

He awoke by the soft thud when he reached the river bank.
He picked the lantern from the bow, loaded the good proceeds of last week’s labour on his shoulder and started off into the direction of his village, his home, his beloved waiting spouse.

…His pretty woman…the thought of her brought a smile on his face and a warm tenderness in his heart.

A sudden sound of violence disturbed his untroubled mood.
He heard her cries for help.
He dropped the lantern, threw the box from his shoulder and started to run, his feet automatically finding their way over the path that he had walked so many times before.
“I shouldn’t have slept! I shouldn’t have slept!” pounded his head, hammered his heart.

“Hold on love! I’m almost there! “ he shouted, “Are you alright?”
“You alright?” Cally’s voice drifted through his darkness.

A gentle breeze of Liberator’s climatisation system wiped away a tear from his face, but the calm movement of the space ship could not compete with the river waters of his happy days lost.
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
littlesue
I am going through so many tissues....but Gan looks so happy, so here goes.
A variation of a theme from last month!!!

It was dark by the time he had finished, but he did not care; the lantern cast a yellow light, warm and joyous, and it matched his mood.
The box on his left shoulder wasn’t a burden at all. He knew that she would be pleased with its contents, just as he was thrilled that the Transport captain had offered it to him in return, partly, for his work in unloading and then loading the ship.
The captain had given him the promised money and then asked if he would like this box. It didn’t contain much of any value, just cast offs; items that no-one else wanted.
Olag Gan had taken it with pleasure, sure in the knowledge that the love of his life would be overjoyed.
But then they stopped him.
From out of the shadows the three thugs stepped.
“What you got there?” the first one asked.
“Nothing,” Gan replied.
“You seem very pleased to have nothing,” the second one said.
“Well, look if you like. It doesn’t worry me.”
He swung the box down and motioned for them to open it.
“See, nothing of any value.”
The third man knelt down and opened the box. In the dim light he could make out the contents.
“What are they?” he asked.
“They are the rejects,” Gan replied,” A mistake in the manufacturing process so the Captain who gave them to me said.”
“Let me have a look,” said the first man. He reached in and took out one of the packets.
The second one took one, “I think we’ve hit the jackpot.”
The third man opened his packet, “Oh yeah, we most certainly have.”
All three took a handful of the contents from their haul and swallowed them…and then realisation struck them like a bolt of lightning.
Their faces contorted in horror as they realised just why the contents of the box were rejects.
“Coffee,” they said as one,” Every single sweet is coffee!”
They ran off in terror.
“Gan; is that you?” It was her, the love of his life, “Are you okay?”
“I am,” he replied, watching his three would be assailants running away as fast as possible, “But they weren’t very happy. They don’t like these, for some reason, because they are all coffee centres. Every packet of these old time sweets contains coffee ones.”
She picked up one of the hastily thrown down packets, “What all of them? In this box?”
“Yes,” he said watching her face light up.
“Then that means more for you and me; I love the coffee ones.”
Gan smiled at her, “Yes, and so do I!”
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

JustBrad
Sorry guys, I just had to go in a different direction with this one. Hope this isn't too dark, but after all, this is Blake's 7.... and I've been watching Game of Thrones... You've been warned. Apologies in advance. - Brad

He hadn’t been there.

When she needed him most, he hadn’t been there.

That black clad security guard had killed her, but even worse, he had made her suffer first.

And he hadn’t been there.

It had taken days, first to find out who the security guard was, and then to catch him alone.

That guard had made her suffer, and then he had killed her.

Gan hadn’t slept in days, since he came home and found her body, but he’d rest tonight, and she could rest tonight. That thought caused him to smile. He knew he shouldn’t smile, but he couldn’t help it. He’d done it for her, it was the only thing he could do for her now. She could rest now. She had justice, the only kind of justice the lower grades ever got, the cold blooded kind. He’d pay for it, he knew, but he didn’t care. He’d done it for her, and the sooner they killed him the sooner he’d be with her, and he could tell her he had taken justice on her behalf. It was the first time in days that his head hadn’t ached.

He reached the cliff and flung the box in to the black night, watching as it arced down towards the crashing waves and jagged rocks. His shoulder felt damp. His hand came back red and sticky. The box had leaked. The contents had probably been oozing. Heads usually do.

Travisina
Lovely, poignant stories - had almost run out of tissues, but then Sue's coffee-centred one made me laugh.

And Brad, your deliciously dark GoT-inspired piece was brilliant! That made me grin, too...

Anniew
Sue - a happy Gan story! Yea!

Brad: visceral horrific brilliant. I'm NEVER going to watch GOT!! It's the equivalent of Sue's coffee flavoured centres on my Universe.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.55 seconds
9,190,221 unique visits since 8th January 2014