Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 11

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 923
· Newest Rebel: Jon Crockford

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
June 2016 Fanfic Challenge
Travisina
It’s been three days since my death.

Avon finds me, of course. He’s not stupid, and it wasn’t much of a hiding place.

“There you are, Vila. I know what to do, but I need your help.”

I turn my head to see him smiling at me. “Not a chance. You’ll just have to shift my 73 kilos by yourself.”

“Ah.” His smile fades and his expression turns to stone. “No time,” he mutters, aiming the gun at my head. “No other way.”

I squeeze my eyes shut as he pulls the trigger…

Avon finds me, of course.

I wipe my eyes and clamber down from my hiding place, to face him with as much dignity as I can. His face is a mask. Was I expecting any sign of regret? Probably not.

“You understand, don’t you, Vila?”

“Funnily enough, I do. What will you tell the others?”

“That you died a hero.”

“They won’t believe you.” My legs are shaking, but my voice is steady. “I don’t care. If it’s come to this, then there’s no point, is there?”

He gestures with the gun. “Go on, Vila. We’re running out of time.”

“Mine’s up. Enjoy what’s left of yours.” I stumble into the airlock and turn to face him. “I just wish Cally was here, to see what you’ve become.”

That hit the mark. Good. His mask drops and he quickly activates the controls. I hear the outer airlock door opening…

Avon doesn’t have to search for me, because I didn’t hear what Orac said. I’ve got rid of the trolley, and am now frantically looking around for anything else we can jettison. Avon approaches, and I turn to him, saying: “What else can we…?”

Then I see his face. Why is he so calm?

He aims the gun at me. I instinctively raise my hands in surrender, but I don’t understand what’s going on. Without saying a word, he advances and I back away, until I realise that I’ve stepped inside the airlock. I’d left the door open to save time when – if – we find something that weighs 70 kilos… 70 kilos!

“No, Avon – don’t!”

The door slams in my face; I hammer on it uselessly. Through the glass, I can see Avon’s face, his expression is blank. It’s the last thing I see, as the outer door opens and I’m swept away...

I’m still alive. Avon didn’t find me and none of that really happened. But that’s what I’ve been dreaming, over and over again. I’m not a hero; the others think I was being stupid and lazy. Well, I intend to live up to that reputation, and they can add ‘permanently drunk’ to the list, because only alcohol can stop the nightmares. Part of me did die in that shuttle, and nothing will ever be the same.

Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Travisina

Very good, TT! I still don't like him, but that's an interesting spin Smile

Anniew
Lovely, lovely fan fics! Sad, TT but reclaiming Gan as a good guy. And Travisina, shudder, poor Vila. The horrors of Orbit X 4!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Travisina
Anniew wrote:
Sad, TT but reclaiming Gan as a good guy.

I thought that was meant to be Doran?

trevor travis
Travisina wrote:

Very good, TT! I still don't like him, but that's an interesting spin Smile

Travisina, it was especially for you Wink

(PS Annie, Calcos is the penal planet from Moloch, which is a big clue to who the story is about, although I deliberately haven't revealed his previous identity prior to the plastic surgery... that's open to interpretation).
Edited by trevor travis on 15 June 2016 11:24:16

trevor travis
Oh no, poor Vila Shock Great story, Travisina... fits the gloomy feel of the final few episodes entirely. Apologies to everyone else, I plan to do some reading this weekend to catch up on the rest of the stories.

Anniew
TT doh! Doran not Gan...I'm with Travisina though. Clever story but it doesn't persuade me he's not creepy!!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

littlesue
@Travisina

I'm drinking my tea and dunking biccies as I'm reading your story...it's very difficult as tea, tears and tissues do not go together................
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

JustBrad
Perhaps the Third Time Will Be The Charm

It’s been three days since my death, my second death that is. My first death came not so long ago, when I ceased to be who I was and became who I am, who they want me to be. I can’t even remember the day I was arrested. It all happened so fast. I was home, then I was on a table with flashing lights. Someone kept whispering, ‘renounce,’ in my ear.

Renounce what? I had no idea. I hadn’t done anything wrong. I had nothing to renounce, but after a few hours, or a few days, (I have no idea how long I was on the table), you make up things to renounce, just so you can get some sleep. I renounced my sins, whatever they were, I don’t remember what I claimed to have done, they didn’t care. I renounced my family. That’s what they wanted. Someone in my family had done something wrong, defied them by selling his skills to resistors. They asked questions about my family. I didn’t have answers. Once they were convinced of that, they were finished with me.

A member of my family was a traitor, so I was a traitor. I was dead, unless I could be useful to them. There was a man needed watching, a well connected man. So I became who they wanted me to be, the loyal lover who was in reality working for them.

I hate it. I hate the man I have to pretend to love. One day I will kill him.

And then, in one of the briefings, I heard a name, his name. “I can help,” I said. "He trusts me, or rather, he trusts the woman I was." I could find out what they wanted to know and he would never be the wiser.

For the first time since they took me in, I had hope. If he turned out to be harmless, perhaps he and I could be together, when they didn’t need me watching the Councilor.

But he was guilty, not of treason, but of fraud. They deported him to Cygnus Alpha, and I died a second time, allegedly under Federation torture. Well, it’s not that far from the truth. I’m glad in a way, if he knew what I have become at their hands, he would rather I was dead. If he knew that I had betrayed him, it would drive him insane.

My one consolation is that he is going to a penal colony rather than a death chamber. They wanted me to frame him for treason, but I didn’t. I let him go. Ever since they took me in, my life has been a lie, but I wasn't lying to him, I was only Anna Grant with him.

Hugbot
Finally, I am back on track with the fanfic challenge threads ... so much for my New Month Resolutions! Angry

@Lurena and LittleSue: Mr D.’s wedding ring obviously fuels the imagination of our Avon ladies Pfft ! Using this blooper as a key to Avon’s personality, as a metaphor and as a common thread running through the whole series is a fascinating idea. 'It’s not a bug, it’s a feature!' – In Consciousness, you managed to strike the perfect balance between telling us intriguing new aspects of Zen and yet concealing enough to keep the mystery. I also like the illustration the way it is – but of course I don’t know what you had in mind, Lurena.

@AnnieW: Funny gold story! Early on, I already had the feeling that this was about ‘cursed’ gold but I would never have guessed that it was about a leprechaun! As far as I know, that is a new one in the B7 ‘verse!

@Mistletoe: I laughed my socks off! Brilliant! And I admired your bold way to respond to the ‘gold’ challenge – not telling a story about gold, but mentioning ‘gold’ in various possible meanings.

@TT: A very interesting idea, and cleverly done with all the misleading clues (I didn’t know who the protagonist was until the very last line). However, I am still not convinced that Doran is not a creep!

@Travisina: Intense and nightmarish and a very realistic depiction of what Vila went through in the days (and nights) after Orbit. A really gripping tale! Oh, and thank you for posting the lovely blue parrot piccie! I wonder if anyone of our Photoshop wizards will insert it in a screenshot of Sarkoff’s collection ...

@Brad: At first, I was at a complete loss about whom you were talking but then it all made perfect sense. This is a surprising backstory for Anna. I would never have expected this to be her story but it is very convincing and gives her character additional depth.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.44 seconds
9,809,615 unique visits since 8th January 2014