Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 6

· Rebels Active: 1
BradPaula

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Interesting trend in B7
sooper mouse
trevor travis wrote:

sooper mouse wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

sooper mouse wrote:
i'v been a fan for 30+ years. I am very certain the number 500 million is repeated several times.
The number 5 milion is only in TWB.

It's Space Fall, not The Way Back.

yup. Avon is not in TWB

Have you found those other episodes where 500 million is quoted yet? I thought it was just Ultraworld, but if these are others, I'd be interested to know which ones they are.

At the moment, I'd take Vila's word (a smarter cookie than he lets on) over the Ultra (who aren't exactly reliable. I bet they get off their 'facts' from Space Wikipedia).

still at work, i dont have the regex app here.
and someone stole my second monitor so i cant just put the series on
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.

Anniew
TT - I think Avon saw Anna, fell in love instantly and forgot the risks...that's why he says he was a fool - he forgot his usual caution and calculation and thinks he was a fool to have done so. it may even have been that the risk factor enhanced the excitement of the relationship

The question of his wealth is an interesting one- one of them had wealth because Anna's sheets and negligee we see in flash back are way more vulgarly flamboyant and expensive than anything anyone is wearing in TWB....so...either Anna has a taste for a bit of rough ( hardly Avon - dangerous con man/ rogue Alpha perhaps - or they met at some event for people of the same social and economic status.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

sooper mouse
Anniew wrote:

TT - I think Avon saw Anna, fell in love instantly and forgot the risks...that's why he says he was a fool - he forgot his usual caution and calculation and thinks he was a fool to have done so. it may even have been that the risk factor enhanced the excitement of the relationship

The question of his wealth is an interesting one- one of them had wealth because Anna's sheets and negligee we see in flash back are way more vulgarly flamboyant and expensive than anything anyone is wearing in TWB....so...either Anna has a taste for a bit of rough ( hardly Avon - dangerous con man/ rogue Alpha perhaps - or they met at some event for people of the same social and economic status.

actually i'd have thought anna pursued him...
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.

littlesue
From Starburst No. 28 Vol 3 Number 4 dated 1980.
An interview with Mr Darrow...
Question. What's his (Avon's) background?
Mr D. 'I did discuss this with Chris Boucher and I said "It's all very well saying we're Earthmen, but from where? It does make a difference..what school you go to and all that sort of thing." And the one remarkable thing I noticed was that the class system still prevails in the future. Avon, if anything, certainly feels himself an elitist and I would imagine, if you look at him in a cliche way, he was probably a Prussian or a South African or a very, very aristocratic English. He obviously went to a very good school. He doesn't like people en masse and I personally (laughs) find them a bit frightening, so that wasn't too difficult to play.'

BTW, the picture in this magazine is gorgeous! I bought it the evening I went off to Bingo with my Mum in law. Spent the entire evening just reading the zine and gazing at the piccie...I'm sure I missed a full house!!!!!!!
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

sooper mouse
littlesue wrote:

From Starburst No. 28 Vol 3 Number 4 dated 1980.
An interview with Mr Darrow...
Question. What's his (Avon's) background?
Mr D. 'I did discuss this with Chris Boucher and I said "It's all very well saying we're Earthmen, but from where? It does make a difference..what school you go to and all that sort of thing." And the one remarkable thing I noticed was that the class system still prevails in the future. Avon, if anything, certainly feels himself an elitist and I would imagine, if you look at him in a cliche way, he was probably a Prussian or a South African or a very, very aristocratic English. He obviously went to a very good school. He doesn't like people en masse and I personally (laughs) find them a bit frightening, so that wasn't too difficult to play.'

BTW, the picture in this magazine is gorgeous! I bought it the evening I went off to Bingo with my Mum in law. Spent the entire evening just reading the zine and gazing at the piccie...I'm sure I missed a full house!!!!!!!

That's awesome but then why did he go and write Avon as being from a colony?
Also, what do we have to do to get you to scan that??

Rainesz
I somehow always had the impression that Avon wasn't born to wealth, but his intelligence at a young age had put him in the best schools and had improved his social status. And Anna was actually far more up the social scale than he and maybe another reason why he was drawn to her.

I know Big Finish canon probably proves me wrong, but the fact that he was able to adapt to being an outlaw once he ended up with Blake and crew gave me the impression he had had a rougher life early on, and that he was reluctant to return to it once he had gained that elitist "approval".

Rainesz
Also, Sue, please post the picture if you can!! Wink

sooper mouse
Rainesz wrote:

I somehow always had the impression that Avon wasn't born to wealth, but his intelligence at a young age had put him in the best schools and had improved his social status. And Anna was actually far more up the social scale than he and maybe another reason why he was drawn to her.

I know Big Finish canon probably proves me wrong, but the fact that he was able to adapt to being an outlaw once he ended up with Blake and crew gave me the impression he had had a rougher life early on, and that he was reluctant to return to it once he had gained that elitist "approval".

Good point
I mean Avon was proud of his own value

Rainesz
I think he found the comfortable life that he so wanted was also boring and he wanted the thrill of using his intelligence to shake things up secretly behind the scenes. (Enter Anna)

Which led to him getting caught, which led him to Blake and Co.

sooper mouse
Rainesz wrote:

I think he found the comfortable life that he so wanted was also boring and he wanted the thrill of using his intelligence to shake things up secretly behind the scenes. (Enter Anna)

Which led to him getting caught, which led him to Blake and Co.

Well now, that's not implausible.
Avon's automatic reactions do seem to be a lot more human than he's willing to admit

Rainesz
Ha ha, I always imagine him to be the sulky goth kid in the classroom who rarely smiles but is a genius (and a secret romantic.) Wink

So of course he makes mistakes when he lets people see that side of him.

sooper mouse
Rainesz wrote:

Ha ha, I always imagine him to be the sulky goth kid in the classroom who rarely smiles but is a genius (and a secret romantic.) Wink

So of course he makes mistakes when he lets people see that side of him.

Mmmmm goth Avon mmmmm
Well gothier Avon
Holy cheese I need a towel

Travisina
Rainesz wrote:
I know Big Finish canon probably proves me wrong...

Much as I love Big Finish (and I do), I don't regard their B7 range as canon. It's what I would call professional fan-fic, produced to a very high standard and licensed by the holders of the series copyright - but no more right or wrong then any other theory or backstory devised by fans.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

sooper mouse
Travisina wrote:

Rainesz wrote:

Much as I love Big Finish (and I do), I don't regard their B7 range as canon. It's what I would call professional fan-fic, produced to a very high standard and licensed by the holders of the series copyright - but no more right or wrong then any other theory or backstory devised by fans.

Extended Blakiverse?

Travisina
sooper mouse wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Rainesz wrote:

Extended Blakiverse?

If you like.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

littlesue
I shall try and scan the piccie in from Starburst. (He's wearing the silver foil outfit (did I mention that was really nice and soft to touch?))
As for why Mr D should say that our rather nice computer expert should come from the colonies? Possibly following Big Finish's ideas.
The one person who could settle this is, unfortunately, no longer with us.
Mr Nation.
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

sooper mouse
littlesue wrote:

I shall try and scan the piccie in from Starburst. (He's wearing the silver foil outfit (did I mention that was really nice and soft to touch?))
As for why Mr D should say that our rather nice computer expert should come from the colonies? Possibly following Big Finish's ideas.
Mr Nation.

With or without thigh highs

Rainesz
Travisina wrote:

Rainesz wrote:

I'm relieved to hear you say that because I was hoping some of the backstories weren't the *real* histories of the characters. (I didn't agree with some of them.) I love Big Finish as well and that said, some stories they did tell rival some of my favorite B7 fan fiction. (I absolutely loved "The Turing Test" for instance.)

I'm still trying to get caught up on all of them! They have the benefit of being professional fan fiction performed by the actors themselves. Wink
Edited by Rainesz on 22 November 2016 07:08:53

Lurena
littlesue wrote:

Mr Nation.

Indeed. I recall I read somewhere that Mr Nation had the characters all being from Earth, except one alien with deep dark eyes when in telepathic mode.
I will see if I can find where I got it from. Perhaps it is in the book "Terry Nation".
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
sooper mouse
Lurena wrote:

littlesue wrote:

Mr Nation.

Indeed. I recall I read somewhere that Mr Nation had the characters all being from Earth, except one alien with deep dark eyes when in telepathic mode.
I will see if I can find where I got it from. Perhaps it is in the book "Terry Nation".

Yes please

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.61 seconds
9,160,796 unique visits since 8th January 2014