Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 13

· Rebels Active: 1
Anniew

· Total Rebels: 926
· Newest Rebel: Paul Hassall

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch - The Avengers
Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

Just started doing a personal rewatch of one of my very favourite series of all time - Agatha Christie's Marple - with The Body in the Library this evening. One of my less favourite episodes, but I still loved it. The guest cast had Ian Richardson, Simon Callow, Joanna Lumley James Fox, David Walliams and another Doctor Who connection with a minor role for Florence Hoath...

That's some cast. Who was playing Marple?

Geraldine McEwan
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Spaceship Dispatcher
It's Charlie Hungerford!
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

BradPaula
I've seen some of Geraldine McEwan episodes and enjoyed them quite a lot.

Spaceship Dispatcher
I wonder which squadron plaques were pinned to the column in the bar?

trevor travis
This plot was so good that they used it several times again Wink

Spaceship Dispatcher
Juliet Harmer, lead regular actress in Verity Lambert 60s classic Adam Adamant Lives, as the school mistress...

trevor travis
On my, that's a huge slug he's balancing there.

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

If the Avengers were made today, exactly the same as originally, there would Internet groups full of fans yelling about the episodes being unoriginal.

trevor travis

trevor travis wrote:

If the Avengers were made today, exactly the same as originally, there would Internet groups full of fans yelling about the episodes being unoriginal.

Grin Grin

Town Of No Return = The Hour That Never Was = The Living Dead =.....?? Wink

trevor travis
Hard to believe they originally filmed this with a different Mrs Peel.

There is only one Mrs Peel.

BradPaula
trevor travis wrote:

I've got to agree, she's one of a kind!

Spaceship Dispatcher
That looked like the end of Mother for this week.

trevor travis

That looked like the end of Mother for this week.

I notice he changed appearance for a few seconds Wink

Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

I've got to agree, she's one of a kind!

I have never seen Elisabeth Shepherd, but I really can't visualise how the original scenes might have looked.

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Grin Grin

Town Of No Return = The Hour That Never Was = The Living Dead =.....?? Wink

And Wish You Were Here, and Murdersville, and... Grin

BradPaula
Those 'granny glasses' Mrs. Peel is wearing was all the rage in 1966-7. I had a pair with red lenses.

trevor travis
BradPaula wrote:

Those 'granny glasses' Mrs. Peel is wearing was all the rage in 1966-7. I had a pair with red lenses.

Paula, the fifth Beatle Wink

BradPaula
trevor travis wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

Paula, the fifth Beatle Wink

Old, but not quite that old...

Spaceship Dispatcher
Definitely an early Emma episode as Diana had not yet established the character's style.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Excellent use of locations, one of the things that supporters of this episode always point to. The town of no return itself is so well realised, and the music just fits each cut so neatly too.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.56 seconds
9,917,688 unique visits since 8th January 2014