Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 16

· Rebels Active: 1
Travisina

· Total Rebels: 925
· Newest Rebel: uazdah

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Kew Gardens
sweevo
Might not be able to make it due to me not looking at the forums as often as I used to and working on my overdue project for the masses. Smile

trevor travis
Have fun all!!

Travisina
trevor travis wrote:

Have fun all!!

Looking forward to it Smile
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

BradPaula
Brad, Lurena, Spaceship Dispatcher and myself were at Kew just before the Cygnus Alpha convention. It's lovely and we were only able to see a fraction of the gardens, but what a treat! The Brits are the best gardeners in the world it seems. Have fun everyone! Enjoy yourselves.

Hugbot
Thank you all for the warm (online) welcome to the UK! Yes, I am thoroughly enjoying my stay in Salisbury!

@Ellen: I see you liked Salisbury ... you even founded a sandwich bar - The York Roast!

@Mistletoe: As far as I know, these chocolate-covered coffee beans are actually made for eating and not for putting into the coffee .... so don't worry, you didn't do anything embarrassingly wrong!

Ellen York
I missed the York Roast, but if you are looking for a cream tea or sticky toffee pudding I recommend the Crossed Key, it is a cafe in an old timber beamed building. I stopped in there nearly every day I was in Salisbury, charmed by both the yummy treats and the picturesque building.

Travisina
Hugbot wrote:
@Mistletoe: As far as I know, these chocolate-covered coffee beans are actually made for eating and not for putting into the coffee .... so don't worry, you didn't do anything embarrassingly wrong!

That's a relief! As Mistletoe described, we all felt a bit silly, not knowing the etiquette of consuming those strange things, or even what they were!

It reminded me of having a sambuca at an Italian restaurant in New York - a liqueur that came with coffee beans floating on top and was set alight - but I don't think our restaurant at St Pancras would have been too impressed if we'd tried to recreate that. And it probably wouldn't have worked with cappuccino, anyway...

clareblues1
Someone I used to work with told me a tale about a 'flaming' sambuca...they nearly lost their eyebrows in the incident! So, no I definitely wouldn't recommend it. LOL
The foolish reject what they see;
the wise reject what they think.

Frankymole
clareblues1 wrote:

Someone I used to work with told me a tale about a 'flaming' sambuca...they nearly lost their eyebrows in the incident! So, no I definitely wouldn't recommend it. LOL
Friend of mine spilt his over the table, after trying to drink it aflame (without a straw)... I've usually avoided going for drinks with him in the 20+ years since Smile

clareblues1
Looking forward to the visit on Saturday...forecast looks to be good too...

Scott
Should be fun, I've just booked my day ticket and am looking forward to catching up with everyone. Just a reminder as well, that for those risking the underground on Saturday, there are some engineering works planned for this weekend, but none that should majorly effect getting to Kew.

There are part closures on the Circle, Hammersmith and City, Metropolitan and Overground lines but these are mainly at the east end bits of the lines. Full details can be checked here: https://tfl.gov.u...%20weekend

Cheers.

Scott Angry

clareblues1
Cheers Scott, see you there at 11am Smile

Hugbot
Teleported to London today ... see you all tomorrow!

Travisina
Yay! Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow Smile

RichardMk2
Likewise! I'll see you all when I get there!

Ellen York
Have fun tomorrow. Hope the weather is good.

Travisina
Ellen York wrote:

Have fun tomorrow. Hope the weather is good.

Hopefully! The forecast is optimistic:
http://www.accuwe...8328?day=2

President Solvite
Have a great weekend! Spent 8 hours travelling back home from Whitby, but at least it was sunny. Hope the sun shines on you all tomorrow, and the trains/tube/buses all behave themselves Smile

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Hugbot
President Solvite wrote:

Spent 8 hours travelling back home from Whitby

Whitby and Penzance were on top of my list of possible travel destinations; however, because of the long travelling times I finally settled for Salisbury. It would have been funny, though, if you walked around a corner in Whitby unsuspectingly and suddenly bumped into a hugbot!

President Solvite
I thoroughly recommend Whitby as a destination..

Not just the Abbey, but the book shops, Smokey Joe's Kipper House, the harbour, and the eating establishments.. Oh and there's the heritage railway as well..

If you have energy to burn there's the 199 steps too.. Grin

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.58 seconds
9,896,112 unique visits since 8th January 2014