Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 11

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 924
· Newest Rebel: Mark Stanfa

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Kew Gardens
Hugbot
Just returned to my hotel after a lovely day at Kew Gardens. It was great to see you all again. A pity that most of you had to leave so early; the Supreme Commander and I stayed until 7. We even dared to visit the Palm House despite the weather. After that, we thoroughly enjoyed the 'cool' air outside!
Piccies will have to wait until I'm back home, I'm afraid. And don't worry, I won't post the 'evil' ones. Pfft

Travisina
Down and Safe after extra-long journey home - my train was cancelled, and I had to detour via Finsbury Park to pick up a sloooooooooooooooooow train.

It was an excellent day - great to see everybody! Pics to follow tomorrow - I'm well knackered now.

@ Hugbot - Glad you had a good time after the rest of us left. I don't think I said Auf Wiedersehen properly - sorry - especially as I was going to give you the rest of the Revels! Next time, eh? Smile
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Lurena
Good to hear you all had a nice Kew Gardens outing.
I'm looking forward to your photos.
I'm curious to see what it looks like in this season bcause it must be very different than in April of course.
Did anyone had a chat with the "living stones"? They may be family related to the Moondisks you know.
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
clareblues1
I was down and safe at 7pm. Did some posting on here while waiting for the train to depart. LOL

Thought I was going to get in a pickle though because when I got to Hammersmith, the Piccadilly line train that pulled in moments later was terminated there for some unknown reason. So I hopped back on the District and went to Victoria instead. Thankfully I still got to Euston in time for my train home.
The foolish reject what they see;
the wise reject what they think.

RichardMk2
I got home about 10 minutes late due to a signal failure at Southall. But the stop there enables me to take some photos of the steam loco "Duchess of Sutherland" being prepared for an outing tomorrow on the main line. Meanwhile I've uploaded my pics to Facebook:-

https://www.facebook.com/richard.putley/media_set?set=a.1289622671047992.1073741867.100000008156636&type=3&uploaded=10

Scott
Hi all

Great day yesterday, its always good to meet and catch up with the crew, especially in the fantastic surroundings of Kew Gardens. So here are a selection of my photo's from yesterday:

http://s268.photo...Kew?sort=9

Enjoy.

Scott Angry

Ellen York
Thanks for sharing the photos; they gave me a smile this morning.

Travisina
Super pictures, Scott! Thanks for sharing.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Mistletoe12
Down and safe at 7:30pm (last night.) Journey home was without any transport problems - I was just too exhausted to think, yet alone play online.

I still have to sort out photos (we took so many) but what a lovely day at Kew with everyone. Thank you for your company and all the laughs and fun we had as we made our way around tiny sections of the botanic gardens. The treetop climb almost killed me ... but I'm glad I did it - even if it did highlight my lack of fitness.

And to Clare, your knowledge about all things flora and fauna is exemplary and absolutely added to the pretty we saw whilst walking around.

Hugbot, I thought you were walking with us as we left Kew, only to realise that you weren't there, and since we were already at the bus stop it was too late to turn around to say goodbye properly. Have a safe journey home and do post the photo of Scott wearing the ladies hat. Looking forward to seeing everyone again soon.

Did anyone actually eat a coffee revel? (I almost typed rebels.) I kept steering Hugbot towards the Counters sweeties … those are the best ones!

Now to look at Scott’s piccies!

clareblues1
Bless you Mistletoe! A great day out yesterday, always enjoy our meetings wherever we go but of course it helps when the sun shines and the company is excellent Smile

Safe journey home Hugbot!

littlesue
Yes I noticed a packet of Revels. Did anyone attempt a coffee one??
Glad you all had a good time...and the weather was fab too!
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Lurena
Lovely pictures Scott! Thank you for sharing.
Kew Gardens looks very different now. Grin
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
Supreme Commander
Even though I arrived a little later than everyone else, as Hugbot points out, he and I did stay much later and enjoyed the late afternoon sun. It was indeed rather warm in the Palm House (and underneath the Palm House in the marine exhibits section) but worth it.

A very enjoyable day, and good to see you all. I do have some pictures too which I'll hopefully post up soon.

I too was deeply impressed by Clare's intimate botanical knowledge, though I did point out that she was possibly making everything up knowing the rest of would be completely fooled by whatever she said. Wink

Hugbot
After a smooth flight, a train ride from hell (why do the most obnoxious customers always have to be in my carriage???) and a strange experience with a total nutcase of a taxi driver, I am at last down and safe in Flensburg.

More comments tomorrow ... I'm off to Slumberland now.

clareblues1
Hugbot wrote:

After a smooth flight, a train ride from hell (why do the most obnoxious customers always have to be in my carriage???) and a strange experience with a total nutcase of a taxi driver, I am at last down and safe in Flensburg.

I suppose it makes a change from being hip deep in heroes...LOL

Glad you got home safely Smile

Hugbot
clareblues1 wrote:

I suppose it makes a change from being hip deep in heroes

Yes, this was quite a change from the company that I enjoyed on Saturday!

Thank you all for the company and especially Clare for giving us a guided tour without additional cost!
Thank you all for your good wishes for my journey back.
Thank you for introducing me to the world of Revels (especially Travisina who brought them along and Mistletoe for guiding my choice).
It was a bit hectic when we parted, because when I heard that the Supreme Commander wanted to stay I spontaneously decided to keep her company. A pity we could not say our good-byes properly (and I could not properly fulfill my hugbot duties). Well, I hope the next time we will be more at leisure.

Hugbot
Ellen York wrote:

I missed the York Roast

This one:
i65.photobucket.com/albums/h212/ridshenon/MadSad/SalMS9_zpsjc7a4etc.jpg
There was also a shop called Multiyork .... you don't happen to have any twin sisters in Salisbury, do you?

if you are looking for a cream tea or sticky toffee pudding I recommend the Crossed Key, it is a cafe in an old timber beamed building. I stopped in there nearly every day I was in Salisbury, charmed by both the yummy treats and the picturesque building.

If you mean this picturesque building, than I have bad news: There is no longer a cafe in there!
i65.photobucket.com/albums/h212/ridshenon/MadSad/SalMS12_zpsf9ibkwpj.jpg

Hugbot
Fantastic photos, Scott, thank you for posting them! (Now at least I have proof that I really was there .... I am not featuring very often in my own photos.)

Here are the ones that I took Kew Gardens (Password: kewqueue).

For lovers of plants and animals, I have also a selection of wildlife photos from my hols in and around Salisbury.

Ellen York
Lovely photos, and as always I am impressed with your clever captions.

I know of any twins (or clones), but I may have to do some investigating if I am ever back in Salisbury Wink

Mistletoe12
Scott and Hugbot: Your photos captured the day perfectly. Grin

Yup, that was my favourite tree, Hugbot! I could imagine that in a winter wonderland setting. Though the Eucalyptus with its peeling strands works for all those witchy and haunted forest stories.

Your captions always make me laugh out loud. Not that I could have fitted my ample measurements (shall we say,) into that Servalan-esque dress we saw in the 'millionaires only' gift shop at Kew.

Did we really climb 118 steps? Sadly there weren't any volunteers to give me a piggy back and a rest on the bench was necessary in order to recuperate.

And it was good to see the pics you snapped in the Rock Garden. I rather wish I'd seen that ... maybe I'll return to Queue's at Kew during a different season.

Hope you’re well rested – apparently we walked miles that day!

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.55 seconds
9,838,185 unique visits since 8th January 2014