Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 4

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 918
· Newest Rebel: Wooks63

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
The Dialogue of B7: Part 1 - Season A
JustBrad
Hard to call Blake a guest character in Blake's 7, though I'm sure Avon would have a logical argument to the contrary.

Sopron
trevor travis wrote:

EDIT: One thing I'm pondering on for Season B is Zen and Orac. There are certain episodes where they don't speak; others where they don't appear at all. However, they are still part of the Liberator crew, so do I count them as a 0 for that episode, or just completely discount that episode. It will make a difference to averages, if I am dividing by 10 or 11 rather than 13. The most blatant example is actually from Season C - Orac in "Terminal". Does this count or not count as an appearance?

FURTHER EDIT: Just realised that, in a way, Zen appears in "Space Fall". But I'm not counting that one - the character has not even been introduced at that point.

FURTHER, FURTHER EDIT: And then there's Cally in "Rescue". I think I will have to count that as an appearance (even though she doesn't visually appear!) as she does have her final two (very short) lines of dialogue!

FURTHER, FURTHER, FURTHER EDIT: And Blake in "Terminal" and "Blake" - regular or guest character? Or maybe I just include "Blake" in Blake's overall figures, after all it's not Blake in "Terminal" is it? After all, I'm counting the clone (or rather the two clones) are seperate characters in "Weapon". But then again he is credited as Blake in "Terminal", isn't he? My head hurts AngryGrin

Do you ever get the feeling that this has all gone horribly wrong?Oops

trevor travis
JustBrad wrote:

Hard to call Blake a guest character in Blake's 7, though I'm sure Avon would have a logical argument to the contrary.

But in "Terminal" we find out what Avon dreams about... it's Blake Shock Grin

Travisina
Just wanted to say that I've really been enjoying this thread!
And for what it's worth, I think Blake in Terminal counts as a regular Blake appearance. If he'd only been a voice inside Avon's head, there might be an argument for not including it in the tally, but if you're counting Cally's final two lines as an appearance, then I think you should count Blake's bearded appearance as an appearance. If you see what I mean. It's been a long day...
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

trevor travis
Thanks Travisina, I'm inclinded to go that way and include "Terminal" for Blake.

Another one I'm currently pondering. I'm looking at characters rather than actors, so therefore when it comes to "Children Of Auron", Cally and Zelda are seperate, and for "Death-Watch", the Tarrant brothers are seperate.

But how about "Sarcophagus"? Is the alien a seperate character, or is it actually part of Cally? Isn't there a bit of Cally in there; after all, that's how Avon defeats the alien. One character, or two?

I have to admit I didn't bother seperating Avalon from the Avalon android (the transcript hadn't either), because the combined total wasn't that great, and I'm more interested in the regular characters in any case - I just need totals for the guest characters. Unless its Leylan, Sarkoff or someone near the top of the chart.
Edited by trevor travis on 11 February 2014 18:34:02

Spaceship Dispatcher
If you're looking at how much each actor contributed to the show, then Avon's illusion of Blake counts. However, it isn't Blake and cannot imo be counted as the actual character himself. It would destroy the point of the episode, as the pay-off in true B7 fashion is that it was an illusion: to dismiss that also dismisses the power of the revelation and the whole point of the plot. For the same reason that you say its the characters and not the actors that are relevant to your survey, Zelda and Deeta cannot be counted. Sarcophagus is more difficult; remind me as its a while since I watched the episode: was Cally possessed or duplicated?
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

trevor travis
The alien is a sort of apparation - a physical projection of Cally. Cally is still in her cabin unconscious. It's implied that the alien is the living dead; it seems to need to borrow a form from a living being, and also there seems to part of Cally in there somewhere.

Sopron
Nah, the re-animated alien is an alien taking on Cally's general form and thoughts but Cally is still Cally so they are two beings, not one.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Then imo the alien does not count as Cally, only as Jan Chappell.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Rodney
Vila: Murderers, liars, cheats, smugglers –
Jenna: …thieves…
Vila: And they’re the nice people.

Jenna: That one’s going to enjoy giving us a hard time.
Vila: And you’ve improved his mood no end. Why couldn’t you be nice to him?
Jenna: He’s not my type.
Vila: You can’t afford to be choosy now.
Jenna: Why else would I be talking to you?

Vila: When it comes to computers, he’s the number 2 man in all the Federated worlds.
Nova: Who’s number 1?
Vila: The guy who caught him.
Vila: Where are all the good guys?
Blake: You could be looking at them.
Avon: What a depressing thought!

Frankymole
trevor travis wrote:

The alien is a sort of apparation - a physical projection of Cally. Cally is still in her cabin unconscious. It's implied that the alien is the living dead; it seems to need to borrow a form from a living being, and also there seems to part of Cally in there somewhere.
The alien says she is able to access Cally's memories, hance the intriguing picture of Avon she finds; which probably influences her as she's discovering about humans (although the alienes appear physically human in the introductory "interment" scenes, they could mentally be very different).

Rodney
Avon: It didn’t answer any of your questions. More than that, it deliberately ignored them. A computer can’t have a will of its own.
Jenna: You better tell Zen that...
Blake: I’m not sure that I entirely trust a computer with a mind of its own.
Jenna: I don’t think it means us any harm.
Avon: It has no feelings about us at all. It’s just a machine.
Jenna: If you say so.

Avon: Don’t philosophise with me, you electronic moron. Answer the question –
Zen: Zen!
Avon: Zen.

Vila: We have the whole Universe to hide in.
Blake: Except that we’re not going to hide. Very soon now the Federation ships will know exactly where we are. Or at least where we’ve been.
Vila: I don’t follow you.
Avon: Oh but you do, and that’s the problem.
Blake: Up until now we’ve only been a minor irritation to the Federation. I think it’s about time we hurt them.
Vila: Where are all the good guys?
Blake: You could be looking at them.
Avon: What a depressing thought!

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.42 seconds
9,449,008 unique visits since 8th January 2014