Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 8

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 924
· Newest Rebel: Mark Stanfa

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch - Australia - MOLOCH - 21st MAY
Gauda Cheese
7:00pm Australian Daylight Saving Time

10.00am in the UK (Greenwich Mean Time)

I know I know, we have to wait two weeks to watch this..... errrr.... gem! Yeah that's it! We have to wait two weeks to watch this gem!

The fiancee and I are having our housewarming next Saturday night
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...

trevor travis
GC, fair enough, it means that Travisina won't have to miss the episode because of her holiday, she loves this episode Grin

I can't make it next Saturday either.

Happy housewarming!

Gauda Cheese
trevor travis wrote:

GC, fair enough, it means that Travisina won't have to miss the episode because of her holiday, she loves this episode Grin

I can't make it next Saturday either.

Happy housewarming!

Thanks Double T, I'll still be around for WAR GAMES! On Sunday
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...

meegat39
Happy housewarming GC! I'm moving house myself tomorrow Grin
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

Travisina
Gauda Cheese wrote:

The fiancee and I are having our housewarming next Saturday night

Congratulations to you & your fiancee on your new home, GC!

trevor travis wrote:
...it means that Travisina won't have to miss the episode because of her holiday, she loves this episode Grin

I should have stayed away an extra week! Angry
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

trevor travis
Travisina wrote:
trevor travis wrote:
...it means that Travisina won't have to miss the episode because of her holiday, she loves this episode Grin

I should have stayed away an extra week! Angry

No excuse to miss it now Grin Grin

Anniew

She could plead a headache, a visit from the Queen, a squirrel needing urgent medical attention.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

trevor travis
Anniew wrote:

She could plead a headache, a visit from the Queen, a squirrel needing urgent medical attention.

Or buy some Devon Custard and pretend to have a space plague. Grin

Travisina
trevor travis wrote:

Anniew wrote:

Or buy some Devon Custard and pretend to have a space plague. Grin

I could add to that being taken over by an alien or mind-wiped by the Federation. The possibilities for the avoidance of Moloch are endless!

Spaceship Dispatcher
One of the best episodes of Blake's 7 ever! Why would anyone want to avoid it? Wink
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

trevor travis
Travisina wrote:
The possibilities for the avoidance of Moloch are endless!

Although it needs to be a plausible one... you can't die of space plague one week and then turn up to re-watch Death-Watch the following Saturday Wink

Travisina
trevor travis wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Although it needs to be a plausible one... you can't die of space plague one week and then turn up to re-watch Death-Watch the following Saturday Wink

Nobody died of space plague - it was
a. a clone...
b. ...who got better

trevor travis
Travisina wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Nobody died of space plague - it was
a. a clone...
b. ...who got better

If the Travisina clone has Space Plague, then there's no excuse for the original Travisina to miss the rewatch Wink

trevor travis
This week's Staying In photo Grin Grin Grin

Travisina
trevor travis wrote:

This week's Staying In photo Grin Grin Grin

Glad you like it - chose it with you in mind Smile

Just 'cos I hate the ep doesn't mean I can't have fun with its screen grabs.

Anniew
Travisina wrote
join us for a happy tale of gang rape, torture, Kentucky Fried Alien and a happy convicts' song

Well if you put it like that!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Travisina
Anniew wrote:

Travisina wrote
join us for a happy tale of gang rape, torture, Kentucky Fried Alien and a happy convicts' song

Well if you put it like that!

I thought it was a fairly accurate description!
<editor hat on> I shouldn't have used the word 'happy' twice in the same sentence, but couldn't be bothered to change it </editor hat off>

trevor travis
join us for a merry tale of gang rape, torture, Kentucky Fried Alien and a happy convicts' song

There you go! Grin

Incidentally, isn't B7 supposed to be a bit dark? Not sure if Moloch is that much out of line with Blake being done (falsely) for molesting kids, and Raiker's plans for Jenna in Space Fall Shock

Spaceship Dispatcher
It's one of the episodes most closely in tune with the original concept of Blake's 7 imo; as you say, trevor travis, Blake's 7 is supposed to be dark. Interestingly, to me anyway, Moloch is one of the episodes that most resembles what you might call Terry Nation's Survivors in Space...
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Travisina
trevor travis wrote:

join us for a merry tale of gang rape, torture, Kentucky Fried Alien and a happy convicts' song

There you go! Grin

Incidentally, isn't B7 supposed to be a bit dark? Not sure if Moloch is that much out of line with Blake being done (falsely) for molesting kids, and Raiker's plans for Jenna in Space Fall Shock

I've got no problem with 'dark'. I like dark. Blake being falsely accused of molesting kids is dark - and treated as serious drama. Raiker's plans for Jenna are unpleasant - and treated as serious drama. The subsequent exchange between Vila and Jenna ('why couldn't you be nice to him' ) is written and performed as caustic sparring - Vila himself is quite dark in the early eps.

My objection to Moloch is that the aspects that should be dark ('give her to your men' ) are treated as humorous and all a bit of fun. It's not so much the content of the episode, but its tone that raises my hackles.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.49 seconds
9,845,923 unique visits since 8th January 2014