Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 5

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
May 2016 Fanfic Challenge
JustBrad
Mistletoe12 wrote:

Mrs Bookmark: Brilliant ficlet entry! Shades of Star Trek?

I was thinking Babylon 5, The Deconstruction of Falling Stars, but yes, a brilliant rendering.
Edited by JustBrad on 12 May 2016 15:39:47

Anniew
Oh Brad that was both uplifting and sad. Lovely dialogue between Avon and Orac.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Anniew
Og in the dark.

Og in the sun. Og is glad of the sun. Og does not like the dark.

But Og does like food. He has no food. What can he do? He must find food.

The man calls him from the glow rock. He says that Og must go into the cave for his food.

"Food," he says in a soft tone. "Food Og. Go in the cave."

Og does like food. He can see it. Good food. He goes in.

Now it is dark. No sun. Just dark. Og begs but he has to stay. Dark or no food.

It is so dark. Og does not like it. He can feel a thin worm of fire in his head. He does not like it.

The man says soft that it will be over soon. Og begs but the man says "Hush. It will be over soon."

Each day the man says he must go into the dark or no food. Og does not like it. But he must have food.

Og does not like the dark.
Edited by Anniew on 13 May 2016 19:08:09

trevor travis
Og replies with this story (in words of four letters or less, and he also points out "glass" has 5 letters Wink ):

OG'S FUN IN THE SUN

Me not like dark. Me like sun.

Me was in cave. But me hide in dark to fool man.

Man can not see me, and come to find me. Me leap out and trap him, with big rock in door of cave. Man try to lift rock, but he can't move it.

Me not like man. Man is a perv. Me now get even with man.

Lots of food in the sun now. In sun all day long. It's nice. Me get sun tan.

Me take food and give to Cog, Log, Snog, Fog, Bog, Dog, Smog and Hog. We also like soma. Lots of soma. Hic!!

Man in cave will only get food when me like. He will not see sun ever. Man very sad. Me win, man lose.

THE END
Edited by trevor travis on 13 May 2016 13:12:57

Anniew
TT - the Ogmeister strikes again! Tweedle to my dum! ( Or Cheery to my gloom). I can't think of another word tonreplace glass - curse your eagle eye, but will cogitate!

Anniew
Done!

Lurena
-Aw Annie, such a rather disquieting and good story.

-Another hugely entertaining episode description TT, I love it!

-Brad, that’s a breath-taking story, so very neat thought out. It silenced me for many minutes. Bravo!

-Annie and TT your Og-ology is priceless! We need to get more of this!
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
BradPaula
Yay Og! Finally gets his revenge on Justin the Perv! TT, excellent, you made me laugh out loud! Thanks.

littlesue
As I'm still reeling from last month's sad news I'm finding it a little dificullt to write anything very deep and serious with regard to this month's Blake prompt.
Oh he is in this one, but not being his usual devious, manipulative self.....sort of!
This story is based on an advert that some of our more mature forum members may recall.
Let's just say I revelled in it whilst writing...
Once again piccie by Lurena

A Question of Choice

Blake called again.
He knew it would irritate Avon, but he pressed the intercom anyway.
“Avon, you’re needed on the Flight Deck; now.”
He knew that the last word would push the other man just a bit too far.
There was a stilted silence…for a few seconds.
“I presume that this is of great importance?”
“It is.”
“Very well, but do not blame me if the long range detectors fail at a crucial moment.”
“I doubt if I’ll ever speak to you again.”
The intercom went dead.
“He’s not going to be in a good mood, you know?” Vila pointed out.
“Vila’s right,” Jenna concurred.
Cally didn’t comment. She couldn’t understand why Blake continually tried to bait Avon. It was if he enjoyed riling him, but then again, Avon seemed to have a certain fascination with pushing Blake to the limit of his patience.
Maybe they were cut from the same cloth? Both enjoyed the ‘game’; a game that was being played out in full view of the Liberator’s somewhat bemused crew. Cally just hoped that one day, that game wouldn’t go too far.
“Well?” Avon asked.
“I’m so glad that you could join us…” Blake began.
“If this is an attempt to ingratiate yourself…then don’t bother. I have work to do.”
“Of course, but we thought it only fair.”
“Fair?”
“Hmm. Vila came across these rather delightful confections on that planet…”
“He would…”
“Remind me not to bother with you next time,” Vila remonstrated.
“Unfortunately, you took so long that the rest of us have sampled them and there are only two left. We thought that you might like them.”
“Them?”
Blake held open the small package that he held in his hand and deposited the contents on the table.
“What are they?” Avon asked, looking at the two chocolate covered confections in front of him.
“No idea.”
“We know that the round, shiny ones were chocolate,” Cally informed him, “Don’t we, Vila?”
“What? Oh, yes. Well they were shiny.”
“He ate the lot,” Gan smiled, “But the others were quite nice as well. For instance, Orange…”
“Toffee,” Jenna said.
“Strawberry,” Cally put in.
“Oh, and raisins, amongst others,” Blake said, “But we kept these for you. The others were very nice so these should be too.”
“Really?” Avon asked, not convinced one iota.
“Look, do you want them or not? I’m sure Vila would….”
“Very well. In the interests of fairness, you understand.”
“The choice is yours…”
“I’ll take them both, if that is the case.”
So saying, he popped both sweets into his mouth…and regretted it immediately.
As a look of sheer horror appeared on his face, Avon turned and ran from the Flight Deck.
The others all looked aghast and gathered round Blake to see what could possibly be wrong.
“Coffee,” Blake said slowly, looking at the packaging, “It must have been the coffee ones.”
i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp337/smallwondersue/Revels_zpsn6ulzsnn.jpg
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Lurena
Nomenclature

It didn’t occur to him that the rattling noise coming from Orac could be anything else other than normal calculating.
He didn’t take time to stop, but hurried over the Flight Deck towards the other hexagonal entry.
Hence he didn’t notice the bright smiles on the faces of Vila, Jenna and Avon, who were seated round the wayward computer.

“It’s laughing!” Vila said, “I bet it’s truly laughing!”
“Naturally,” Avon concurred and tried to keep a straight face.
“Avon, did you…?” Jenna asked.
Avon shrugged, “Is that important? “
Vila nudged him in the ribs “Hush, listen, here comes the result.”
Jenna’s eyes lit up and she nervously shifted her position.
Orac’s voice sounded normal again as it stated its information:

+Reference Y2F1c2UgYnVzeQ==
The urban dictionary and the Numerological list:

Blake:
A somewhat common name for a male; witty, dangerously handsome, clever and trustworthy.
People with this name have a deep inner desire for a stable, loving family or community, and a need to work with others and to be appreciated.
People with this name tend to be orderly and dedicated to building their lives on a solid foundation of order and service. They value truth, justice, and discipline, and may be quick-tempered with those who do not. Their practical nature makes them good at managing and saving money, and at building things in the material world.

Combined with Roj
Masculine, Defender, Lover, Fighter, Warrior. Always fighting the good fight. If you're a man he can be your best friend or your worst nightmare. If you’re a woman, wrap your arms around him and hold on tight! If you've got a Roj in your life, don't ever lose him!+

Avon leaned back, “There you are Jenna.”
i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac236/neoantares/artwork-illustrations/Horizon%20monthly%20challenges/nomenclature.jpg
Jenna got to her feet and turned away so that nobody could see her blush.
They all fell silent as Blake suddenly emerged from the one corridor and quickly slipped into the one that led to the teleport section.
“Thanks, that’s all I needed to know.” And Jenna vanished through the same corridor as Blake had done.

“What do you think?” Vila asked no one in particular.
“Not,” Avon replied, “They’re not going to be a couple.”
“What makes you so sure about that?” Vila queried.
“Orac’s rattle, or cynical laughter if you like,” Avon replied, allowing himself a fleeting smile, “You need to be a computer expert to understand.”
“You do?”
“Orac has calculated the odds. It’s in the reference: Y2F1c2UgYnVzeQ==; a base64 code: Blake has neither the time nor inclination; he will be too busy with his Cause.”

Lurena, with thanks to Littlesue for beta-reading.
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
mrsbookmark
Oh, AnnieW I loved that! Dark and foreboding. Great dialogue.

Rainesz
I'm so glad I joined! Such excellent stories to read. Grin I need to catch up on all of them...

Mistletoe12
@Sue: Did you say Revels or Rebels! Wink Poor Avon. Short end of the sweetie stick. Blake having fun teasing hit just the right mark. Eat around the sweet, that's what we did ... all the chocolate, none of the nasty.

@Lurena: Neat story! And I always love your accompanying pictures. Grin

littlesue
Mistletoe12 wrote:

@Sue: Did you say Revels or Rebels! Wink Poor Avon. Short end of the sweetie stick. Blake having fun teasing hit just the right mark. Eat around the sweet, that's what we did ... all the chocolate, none of the nasty.

@Lurena: Neat story! And I always love your accompanying pictures. Grin

Definitely Revels! I used to love that ad based on the Deer HUnter...the shortened version that is. And I, too, used to dread the coffee one!!!
Edited by littlesue on 15 May 2016 17:48:07

Anniew
Inspired by Mrs Bookmark:

LEGEND

I've failed haven't I?

What do you mean?

I mean, I'm here, wherever that is. I didn't return to Earth as I promised. Power is still with the dishonest man and this seems suspiciously like a tranquillised dream.

Back to the beginning? I suppose you could say so. But this is no dream. Those that find this place are coming awake for the first time.

Yes. Well thank you, I think. You're harder to work out than Zill.

Zill?

Philosophical flea I once met. At least that's what Avon called her. Is he here too?

Perhaps. If you want him to be.

You're a strange interrogator. I suppose you're Mr. Nice and Mr. Nasty will come bursting through the door any moment jackboot raised and...Hang on. Where's the door? What is this place?

This place is here.

Well I'd worked that out. You haven't got a brother called Zen have you?

Zen?

Computer I once knew. Look. Can we stop all these games. I'm tired. I've failed. Let's pretend you've told me what you want to know. I've told you to go to hell. Now what's next?

What was your criteria for success?

My...? I've told you. Return to Earth... Put power back in the hands of honest... Pretty stupid. Avon told me I needed to wake up. Guess he was right.

He was wrong.

What? Good luck telling him that. Have you met our Avon?

He based his premise on incomplete data. He was right about one thing though. You do need to wake up.

So this is the new torture? You're going to talk me to death with riddles?

How did you get here?

You tell me. I...That's odd. I can't remember. I think someone shot me. Your chaps have done a good job...I can't even feel a scar. Have I been here long?

Yes. And no.

Of course! Well that's great. Spending time with you, whoever you are, contemplating my failure and waiting for a painful kicking. Couldn't be better...Wait...Wait. I remember now...It was Avon wasn't it...who shot me I mean? Three times, silly idiot. Never would listen. Why doesn't it hurt?

You're here because it doesn't hurt anymore. And you have things you must do.

Now we're getting to it. Listen. ...No I won't tell you where the rebel bases are...I won't tell you any of our communication codes...There is nothing, do you understand me, nothing you can do to me that will persuade me to tell you anything that would help you with your rotten cause.

My cause? This is your fight. Your legacy. The data that Avon failed to account for when he told you you couldn't win. I put it to you again. You have things to do. Now wake up.

xxx

After the battle, a rumour flew through the rebel camp. Some of the fighters claimed that when defeat seemed certain, blazing like a star above the bloody field, a marvellous ship had appeared and saved the day.

One of them even swore that he'd heard a voice declaring that this was Blake's ship and that he and his Seven had returned and claimed the victory.

War does strange things to the mind.

peladon
This came to me today, sorry well over the word count again but cant pare it down further.

New Chapters

Roj Blake died of his wounds on a backwater planet some six months after Star One.

It hadn’t been easy to arrange which was why it involved a backwater planet like Jevron, which had been in the path of the inavaders and been badly damaged. As most of its infrastructure and medical facilities had been destroyed no one could aske questions about medical help, or why there had been no way to preserve the corpse sufficiently that the tissue typing could be checked. By the time that Servalan arrived the state of the body was such that she was less thorough than usual and only too happy to commit it to the flames.

But no one is a free as a dead man, as the saying goes, and with Blake now offically deceased the man who had once carried the name moved on taking with him all the knowledge of the Federation and its strengths and weakness built up over more than a decade.

So it was rather disconcerting to start hearing rumours of Blake being alive. Stories that became too frequent and well documented to be ignored. But having finally learned some caution the man who had been Blake bided his time and stayed silent, something he came to bitterly regret when he heard of the loss of Liberator and the death of the crew.

Except it seemed that the dead were walking en mass and suddenly it wasn’t only Blake he was hearing stories of, but Avon and Vila too. Never Cally though and in the end he had to accept that she was gone, another source of bitter self recrimination.

Then, without warning, a new name entered the stories. Jenna. The word of her reunion with Blake caused many comms channels to hum. He didn’t wait this time seeing only too clearly the danger she was in, the stranger using that name could not mean her well unless he believed himself to be Blake, and if he did then there would be others around him who knew the truth. No, he could not lose Jenna too, she must be got away. It would have been so much easier with a teleport but as it was an escape capsule fitted with a detector shield served the purpose.

Now the same comms channels were buzzing again. Avon had tried an alliance but been betrayed; as a result he had destroyed his base and was on the move. The man who had been Blake almost disbelived these stories, discounted them as a breadcrumb trail to lure would be rebels into the light. No one who had known Avon could believe he would trust anyone enough to show them his location, What could there be that would cause so intelligent and cynical a man to put his security at such risk? No, Avon would have set up a blind not let a potential enemy walk into the heart of his base.

But when the talk turned to him going to Gauda Prime to meet Blake the risk of ignoring the chatter became too great and a growing sense of inevitability pushed him into once again taking action.

This was why the man who had been called Blake was now on another backwater planet, waiting in a corridor whose décor had seen better days, dressed in a Federation uniform.

He watched as a man who wore something close to his face provoked an exhausted looking Avon into shooting him. Whether the man in the bounty hunters garb knew he was doing that was unclear but there was little doubt of the outcome in the mind of one who had known Avon.

Finally, when the man calling himself Blake had met his inevitable end the Federation agent revealed herself and the waiting troopers showed themselves, giving him his cue to move. He had done all he could for Avon’s crew, ensuring that the orders were to take the rebels alive but watching events play out while he stood and waited was one of the worst moments of his life since Jevron.

With his crew down Avon stood astride the body of the man on the floor and squared his shoulders, The message of his stance was clear enough, but the watcher had never doubted what the outcome would be, Avon did not intend to be taken alive. Knowing what he knew that was probably wise and no doubt he would have planned ways of ensuring his death if the troopers didn’t deliever it.

As Avon raised his gun again the man who had been Blake moved into his line of sight.

For a moment Avon hesitiated, then seeing the man before him aim his gun at a trooper to the side, and how the men flanking him did the same, his look of shock faded, The man who had been called Blake raised his eyebrows and inclined his head towards a trooper between him and Avon. Avon, never slow on the uptake, smiled grimly and tighened his grip on his own gun.

The man who had been called Blake nodded then fired the first shot taking down the nearest trooper, his companion took another before Avon opened fire himself.

So a dead man came to the aid of the soon to be dead and though that story may never be told a new chapter of other stories was begun

Anniew
Ok catch up time.

Sue loved the chocs fic but what's with not liking coffee centres!

Lurena - loved the mix of real maths and numerology. Oh poor Jenna though! I just love the clumsy way Blake is trying to tiptoe away in your drawing.

Mistletoe your revels quip made me laugh - a lot.

Pelladon - fascinating - the man who used to be Blake. Will need to reread that several times to really appreciate it.

littlesue
@Anniew said
Sue loved the chocs fic but what's with not liking coffee centres?

Watch the ad on youtube and you'll see!

Anniew
Sue, I know the ad - it's just in my universe Avon lives on double expresso and would adore coffee flavoured chocs. Now if the centres had been banana. Or orange. Or strawberry. Yucketty yuck!

littlesue
Anniew wrote:

Sue, I know the ad - it's just in my universe Avon lives on double expresso and would adore coffee flavoured chocs. Now if the centres had been banana. Or orange. Or strawberry. Yucketty yuck!

Which may explain why he doesn't sleep very much!!!
I'm not too sure about banana flavour centre sweets, but I managed okay with Revels's other flavours because they weren't that strong...but I hated the coffee ones with a vengence.
We know that a certain rather nice computer expert likes desserts, as seen in Gambit, and he likes apples, as seen in Travisina's fave episode, Moloch and he has been known to sip the green stuff in Aftermath, but I'm trying to think when else his likes have been shown.....now I shall have another reason to watch the boxed set of series one again...just to check it out to make sure it doesn't jump, or freeze or pause or.......

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.77 seconds
9,161,778 unique visits since 8th January 2014