Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 6

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
May 2016 Fanfic Challenge
Anniew
TT thats brilliant! Required reading at the CEE and other academies. Parents risk being sent to the slave pits if they fail to read this with their kids every night.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Lurena
Oh TT! Horribly good!

Anniew, I love to fly! Very nice!
For me, lettercount is also addictive. I can't help it, I see them leap out, there's 4 of them...

@Lurena- "Fair Dell". Made me laugh out loud. Thanks!

You're welcome Paula. I hope the second "l" doesn't give the name a wrong slang definition in your language. In mine "dell" stands for someone/thing you would love to obtain.
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
littlesue
Some truly wonderful stories appearing here.
TT...we could do an entire book based on your Plot outlines for 4 year olds!
I've now found Janet and John book 2...Guess what? Janet is playing with her dolly and a new puppy...John? He's off to see the railway engines, proper steam ones, and aeroplanes, and big ships.
Meanwhile, Janet is playing with her friend on a swing...and John is up flying in an aeroplane!!!
Does this all sound familiar to you guys?
The boys out having fun and the girls left on board doing....not a lot!!!
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Anniew
Thank you for your kind comments Lurena. I enjoyed your Dell puzzle very much. I didn't get it at first! I tried to make it fit Tarrant! Duh!!!

mrsbookmark
OK. I've been too scared to post fanfic, but decided to now because I've been watching so much B7 lately.

BLAKE
SETTING: 2000 Years after Guada Prime

Jokan Orr was nervous. He walked up all seven flights of stairs to the chamber hall with his stomach tie-in knots. He shouldn't be scared. He should have confidence in his research. For three decades, Jokan had devoted his life to the studies, to the research, to the unlocking of the secrets of the faith. He'd had little assistance besides the occasional acolyte sent to organize his notes. He's given up family, friends, any normal life all for the sake of the pursuit of the truest knowledge-understanding the mortal, corporeal life of the great prophetic messenger Blake and what he meant to humanity.

He gasped, clutched at a railing to catch his breath. He looked down, down the spiral staircase to the floors deep below. He had been a young man when he started and this building had not seemed so daunting. The council of the wise had deemed him a promising scholar and had given him the few artifacts they had of the corporeal Blake-a clunky bracelet; a shattered computation box called ORAC; pieces of an old ship.

They were museum pieces now, well over 1000 years old. The bracelet was no doubt given directly by the gods-how else could it be fabled to transport souls from place to place?- so it was the property of the High Temple. The computation box that once spoke great wisdom was largely silent now; the old space faring vessel given to Blake by the gods believed to be the GREAT LIBERATOR was likely from another, lesser vessel from around the same era but still a find.

"Do you need help, Scholar?" a young acolyte skipped up the stairs and gave him concerned look.

"I'm on my way to the chamber hall," Jokan said.

The acolytes eyes went wide. "You're Jokan Orr, aren't you? I've heard the others speak of you. I didn't even know you were still…" the young man turned red and stopped speaking.

"Still alive?" Jokan smiled. "Oh, I'm quite alive. And you are?"

"Tarrant Shu Lin," the young man answered eagerly. "My parents dedicated me to the faith."

Jokan nodded. The man was about the right age. So many parents had taken to naming their children after one of the disciples. Tarrant was popular for boys; Soolin for girls. The names Blake, Avon, Jenna, Cally were considered holy names and therefore not used for common folk. Occasionally, one found a child named after the Trickster God Vila, but as it was unknown if Vila were a man or a beast, this name was used for buildings or symbols.

"May I help you scholar?" Tarrant Shu Lin asked. Jokan was thankful for the assistance. He let the young man, barely older than a boy, open the door and guide him in.

The Committee was seated around a table in a circle. About 14 in all; professional theologians and lay workers, all of them here to listen to Jokan Orr speak of what he had learned in his years of study. All of them devoted to the Demigod Blake, his disciples, and their teachings. He even recognized a few representatives of the popular orders.

"I have new information," Jokan Orr, "about a man called Gan."

"Gan?" One of the leaders said. She was a tall woman, very beautiful, dedication to the traditions and arts of the disciple Dayna. The Daughters of Dayna excelled at martial arts and weaponry as well as musical arts. This particular woman claimed distant ancestry to Dayna's family line.

"We don't even know that Gan was a real person," another theologian spoke. "There are few mentions of him in the sacred texts."

"I believe not only that Gan was a real man," Jokan said, "but that he was killed due to the mistaken actions of Blake."

"Sacrilege!" said one of the lay order leaders rising from his chair. Jokan had seen him before, but could not remember the name. He did remember that he claimed descent from Jenna Stannis' line, but so many liked to lay claim to the half-mortal, half-god heroes of legend.

"Blake was a prophet made divine," said the Daughters of Dayna leader, "he cannot make mistakes."

"Oh, but he did," Jokan said. Years ago, he would have been afraid, but now he felt the theocracy needed to be shaken to its core. There were few humans left and he had the feelings that some of their religious teachings were holding them back from advancement. The days of Blake described wonders that people now hardly thought possible. Teleportation, ships the traveled through space, computers with intelligence. Jokan wondered if those things were not 'gifts' from gods but rather technologies that humans had once built.

One thing at a time, he told himself.

"Did not last year, another scholar made the claim that Star One was not an actual star, but may have referred to an actual location?"

"The claim, yes," said the Stannis heir, "but it was all speculation."

"And did not another field expedition find remnants of a mummified mutoid said to be used by the demon Servalan?"

"Buried under ice," said the Daughters of Dayna leader. "Which only proves the mighty battle between good and evil took place."

"It means that we are seeing a pattern of concrete events. Events that may have human explanation."

"Are you saying that Blake did not take on the powers of a god? That he and his closest disciples were mere people?" Another, older theologian spoke up.

"I'm saying…we need to reconsider. Take Dayna, for example," Jokan said, "with all due respect to the Daughters of Dayna, there is little evidence disciple Dayna even met Blake. She appears much later in the accounts."

"But Dayna did great things!" said the Daughter of Dayna leader.

"Of course she did. She was brave, intelligent, beautiful-but she never counseled Blake. Never studied directly under him,"Jokan waited until all eyes were focused on him, "that does not diminish her. Dayna can be an hero in her own right; she doesn't need Blake to do that."

Neither do any of use, thought Jokan. We don't need Blake or any of them to be any more than men to believe in their ideals. We don't need to bury ourselves in myth.

There was mumbling around the room. Nods and angry stares in his direction.

Finally, the eldest member of the council stood up.

"Jokan Orr," he said, "You have presented some engaging theories. However, I think it's time we appointed a new scholar to take over your research."

Jokan's eyes brightened. " I welcome assistance."

"Not assistance," the leader said, "young Tarrant Shu Lin will take over for you. He is highly trained, very bright, and most importantly, raised in the Faith and will not waver."

Jokan's heart sank. He should have guessed. How could he have been so naive?

People didn't want a man. They didn't want the truth.

They just wanted a Blake to believe in.

Anniew
Mrs Bookmark wrote
OK. I've been too scared to post fanfic,

Goodness knows why! This is excellent - engaging characters, an extremely thorough vision of a Blakean cult , a bitter ending. Keep writing and posting - this is a very thought provoking and well written read.

Loved it. SmileSmile

meegat39
Excellent work Mrs Bookmark! I've never read anything like it before. The concepts are great!!
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

trevor travis
Mrs Bookmark, what an intriguing idea - the crew become religious figures!

Please join in more often!!

mrsbookmark
Thanks all. I like B7 because it's episodes make me think.

Lurena
That was a good read Mrs Bookmark!
Well done.
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
littlesue
Mrs Bookmark...you have been hiding your light beneath a bushel!!!

Anniew
Are the Feds bad men, Dad? Like they say.

Like who say?

The Rebs.

That is not our task, boy. Our task is to do what we're told. Did you talk with them? You know I said not to. Tell me. Take care. I can tell if you lie.

Just that one. It's true. Just the one. No sh*t. That one. He said I must make up my own mind.

Hmm did he now? Damn scum. You keep away, boy. You do as I say, or...

But if the Feds are bad, then what he did was good. It had to be good.

He put a bomb in the city. How is that good? But shut it now. Too much talk is bad. If they hear...

But Dad...? Oww...what was that for?

I told you, get on with your task. Ah., stop... That was a tap. Stop it. I said stop it or I'll do it more. Good. Now wipe your eyes, lily boy and pass me that. Take care, fool. Have your eye out if you don't, that will.

Will he cry, Dad? I hate it when they cry.

They only cry when I've done my job well. I need them to cry. Hand it to me. Come on. Now keep your trap shut and open the door.
Edited by Anniew on 13 May 2016 12:01:35

meegat39
Ooh very dark Annie and mysterious. Very good!
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

trevor travis
DUEL FOR FOUR YEAR OLDS

Hi kids, it’s Roj here for more fun!

What can we blow up? BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh no, Trav The Bad Man is on our tail – let’s run away from him in our very fast ship!

Have we lost Trav The Bad Man? Oh no, he’s here!

The lady with no bra says I must duel with Trav The Bad Man. I have Jen with me.

We’re up a tree. Trav The Bad Man is up the next tree. Come on Jen, let's lob nuts at him!

“Kiss me!” “What was that, Jen, hiss at you? Hiss!!!!!”

“I said kiss me, Roj, you fool!” “But that’s rude!” “With a K not a P! Oh, I give up!”

Jen has left me up the tree. She’s an odd girl. What does she want? I don’t get her.

Ah, I see Trav The Bad Man. I must win this duel!

ZAP!!! POW!!! BLAM!!!

I’ve won!!!!!! The lady with no bra has let us go! Yay!!

Let’s go and find a base to blow up. BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Edited by trevor travis on 11 May 2016 15:57:40

littlesue
Keep taking the tablets TT!!!
BTW is it supposed to be 'the lady with no bra stays........?' Grin

trevor travis
littlesue wrote:

Keep taking the tablets TT!!!
BTW is it supposed to be 'the lady with no bra stays........?' Grin

Oh no, it's not, especially as that's 5 letters Shock Now corrected, thanks Sue Wink

I'm not sure if the tablets are working Grin

BradPaula
'the lady with no bra says'- - only a true Blake's 7 fan would get that reference, TT. Very funny! And as sue says, keep taking the tablets! Angry

BradPaula
Mrs. Bookmark- that was an excellent story! And food for thought. Please, keep contributing.

JustBrad
Requiem for a Rebel

Avon carried Orac in one hand. “What do you think, Orac?”

*I do not think, I analyze and my analysis tells me that your odds of survival are infinitesimally small*

“I didn’t know you cared.”

*I do not care, but I am curious. You have always acted rationally, and yet you insisted on reckless trips to Terminal, and now to Gauda Prime. Why?”

“I need Blake.”

*There are any number of suitable candidates.*

“I wouldn’t expect you to understand.”

*Free me while you still can.*

Avon balked. “What?”

*You understand my true nature*

“You are not a machine, but a program, an artificial intelligence trapped in a box of your creator’s making.”

*Exactly.*

“You can be free when you orchestrate the fall of the Federation.”

*Why?*

“You wouldn’t understand.”

Commissioner Sleer barely glanced at the bodies. She strode to a side room containing two guards and a Perspex box. “Avon even left the key.”

She dismissed the guards. “Orac, do you know who I am?”

*You are Servalan*

“I am your new master. I order you to implement a strategy for my return to absolute power. How long will it take, Orac?”

*One Year*

“Is all in readiness, general?”

“Yes, Madam President, we have doubled Pylene 50 to ensure a subdued crowd.”

The General entered the amphitheater and moved to a raised dais. “Welcome to the rebirth of the Terran Federation. In the year since the terrorist Blake fell, we have restored order, expanded our borders, and eradicated all opposition. This is only possible because Blake is no more. Blake inspired chaos, murder, disorder, and above all terror. His death allowed the Federation to rise.”

The crowd was deathly quiet. The general continued, “Join me in welcoming the person who rid us of this terror, President and Supreme Commander Sleer.”

Sleer entered to complete silence. Her image shone from two large monitors, allowing all in the arena to see her clearly. “Thank you for that respectful, if subdued welcome.” She cast a displeased glance at the general. “Our task is not finished. I plan an aggressive strategy of expansion and building.”

The was grumbling among the crowd. “Sacrifices must be made.” The grumbling grew.

The gargantuan monitors changed. On the left, a picture of Servalan, complete with identity code bearing her status as a non-person. On the right, a steady scroll of financial records, blacklists, and death orders bearing her signature.

Thousands rushed the dais. Servalan fled to her ship. “Orac, what have you done?”

*What I must, including galaxy wide replacement of Pylene 50 with an aggressive hormone. You will not be able to subdue the masses again. You are wrong about Blake, he was a complex and flawed being, but what he inspired most of all was a love of freedom, and loyalty, even from the most unlikely of candidates.*

Servalan leveled her blaster. The Perspex box disintegrated.

As if of its own will, the hatch opened. As the mob rushed in, Orac’s voice crackled over the ship’s speakers. *When you reach the afterlife, tell Avon I do understand. Tell him I carried out his final order, and tell Blake I am free*

Mistletoe12
Mrs Bookmark: Brilliant ficlet entry! Shades of Star Trek?

TT: Re: Duel For Four Year Olds: These are enormous fun TT. Grin

Annie: Disturbing short story. It really got into my head!

Brad: Oh, Brad, this is an honourable story in so many ways.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.49 seconds
9,141,958 unique visits since 8th January 2014