Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 9

· Rebels Active: 1
Joe Dredd

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
May 2016 Fanfic Challenge
Lurena
-Anniew, have you been in a war? Your mind produces peculiar stories!

-Peladon, that's intriguing, and I guess you like the fantasy story style.

-Littlesue and Anniew, on the old forum we once had a discussion about the crew-and-food. I loved that.
Well here goes: In my B7 world Avon would not like, or even know about coffee. I always think of him as a prudent eater/drinker. He doesn't need much food or sleep just like geeky people often do. And he seems to trust (!) green food. I feel a challenge ficlet coming up...

Apologies for derailing the thread. Perhaps we should start a "the crew's menu" thread again?
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
littlesue
Anniew & Peladon
Such deeply thoughtful stories.
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Mistletoe12
Eléna Nadzieja
(Hope)

Eléna Nadzieja stood on the civilian freighter Viltis staring into space. She ran a hand through her cropped, blonde hair thinking she could do with a hot shower and a fresh jumpsuit.

“It won’t be long now,” she muttered.

It was almost a decade since the Liberator crew had visited her home world. Her mother ostensibly discussed museum artefacts with Roj Blake while she toured the ship with Olag Gan, watched Kerr Avon communicating with a talking box and picked up piloting skills from Jenna Stannis. Cally excused herself with: ‘I don’t know how to converse with a ten year old’, but Vila Restal made her laugh with his tricks, and Blake captured her attention with his charismatic intensity.

He’d come to their house too - she’d woken and crept out of bed, quietly descending the stairs in time to overhear a conversation snippet about a planned raid. Blake launched into a rousing speech about defeating the Federation and Eléna, hardly daring to breath, remained crouched on the floor outside the room, listening to her mother informing him they would succeed without any casualties.

Eléna’s father had hated the Federation, told her never to surrender to dominance. That it was better to fail trying rather than allow those you love to be conquered. He’d died in a work related accident at the shipyard. She could remember attending his funeral, they’d eaten sweet pastries she couldn’t name and daddy’s friends had pressed credits into her mother’s shaking hands.

Five years passed and at fifteen Eléna spent more time tinkering with the old vessels at the shipyard than on schoolwork. She came home late one evening to find their kitchen filled with crying adults.

“Is it to do with the viscasts?” she asked tentatively.

“Eléna , I don’t know if you remember — ”

“Blake, Avon, Vila … they were all involved with the Rebellion. I know Mama; I worked it out that time they visited. Is it true what they say happened on Gauda Prime? Everyone on the Scorpio? Tarrant, Dayna, Soolin. Are they all dead?” Mother stepped forward to pull her into a hug but Eléna moved away.

“What about Blake?” she demanded.

Mother told her Avon shot him, a misunderstanding, they were friends. And sitting her down, they explained how they too, were involved with the rebellion. Except it wasn’t a surprise to Eléna. She lay awake in bed that night, whispering into the dark what she recalled from Blake’s mesmerising speech.

“How could they be dead?”

It didn’t matter how many times she begged, her mother refused to let her participate in their rebellious activities, insisting she would make a difference through educational achievement.

Eléna still kept her hand in at the shipyard while she completed her studies and with a month ‘till her twentieth birthday, she came to a decision.

She landed on Gauda Prime in the dead of night; something she could have done without, but she made it through to morning without incident and using the directions she’d acquired from her mother’s contacts, she made her way to where his bones lay in a hastily dug, shallow grave.

Eléna reverentially cleaned the skeletal remains; wrapping them carefully in a blanket and placing them into a crate in the hold on her freighter, she made her way to the flight deck, where she punched in coordinates to a distant sector.

It took almost a week to reach her destination; a rocky moon reputed to be cursed if the old fairy tales were to be believed. The moon had once functioned as a Charnel House, a place to store bones from an over-populated planet in the system.

The doors to the hold were open and Eléna stood hesitantly on the ramp, instinctively folding her arms as a cold, icy blast from outside made her shiver. In a time long before it had served as a final resting ground for the dead, historical research she’d discovered in her home worlds’ central library claimed the energy surrounding this moon held properties known to regenerate. Eléna knew it sounded crazy. Shouldn’t there be a living, breathing populace inhabiting the place if there were any truth to the legend?

But they were desperate; the rebellion needed a representative, someone to lead the charge against a powerful Federation that systematically stomped on every colony world: corruption, random searches, disappearances, starvation on the rise, troopers patrolling the streets, free speech crushed in their increasing stranglehold.

Eléna gently lowered the crate to the ground, holding onto a thick rope looped into the lid, and taking a deep breath she started her long trek.

The limestone vault she entered revealed shelves filled with disarticulated remains; there were long bones neatly stacked in rows, and skulls embedded in the walls. Pulling the crate containing his bones into the centre of the gloomy interior Eléna could barely rein in her nerves.

Daylight broke through a chink in the vault, and kneeling to slide the lid aside, Eléna muttered a silent prayer before returning to her ship, where she took a seat on the flight deck to cross her fingers and hope for a miracle.

trevor travis
ORAC FOR FOUR YEAR OLDS

Hi kids, it’s Roj here, for more fun, fun, fun!!!

As you know, we like to blow up lots and lots of the Feds’ gear. BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!

But we need a new PC, and we want one by the name of Orac.

So we can’t blow up a base, as we have to pick up our Orac PC. Boo!!!!!!

Also, Avon, Vila, Jen and Gan are ill. Avon is in a bad mood, as he is not well. Mind you, Avon is in a bad mood all the time.

Oh no!!! Trav The Bad Man and Boss Lady are also here, and they want an Orac too. Only one Orac is left. We must get it now!!

Rush! Rush! We have to make sure that we beat them and get the Orac PC. It's a good job that Trav The Bad Man is a bit slow this week, as he has flat feet.

We’ve got Orac!!! Trav The Bad Man is now in a bad mood. He’s a bit like Avon.

Trav The Bad Man is out to kill me dead. He’s got his gun out.

Phew!!! Sick Avon is in such a bad mood that he has shot Trav The Bad Man in his arm. Well done Avon!!

Let’s get out of here, so we can go and blow up a base. BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But what is this? The Orac PC says our ship will blow up. Very soon.

“Avon, turn off the Orac PC and then turn it back on.”

Avon has done so. “It’s no good, Roj, the Orac PC says once more that we will blow up. Very, very, very soon!”

Oh no!!!!! Jen must have left the oven on!!! BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Edited by trevor travis on 21 May 2016 22:05:25

BradPaula
"as he has flat feet" and "Avon, turn off the Orac PC and then turn it back on." TT, brilliant, made me laugh out loud again!

Travisina
Lurena wrote:
Apologies for derailing the thread. Perhaps we should start a "the crew's menu" thread again?

No need to apologise, Lurena - but that's a good idea. Would you like to start it?
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Travisina
Okay, so I was on holiday for 10 days without computer or internet (!) and have spent the past week since I got back catching up with everything.

What a super mix of stories appearing on this thread! I love the inventive way people are rising to the challenge of 4-letter words, with pre-school versions of B7 (take a bow, Littlesue & TT). I also loved Morphenniel's 4-letter version of 'Orbit', Anniew's 'Sarcophagus' and Lurena's hair story, her tribute to Fair Dell, and the TT/Anniew Og stories.

@Joe Dredd - B7 in textspeak - LOLZ and ROFL!

I'm also enjoying the more serious Blake fics - well done especially to Peladon, Anniew, JustBrad and Mistletoe12.
@Mrs Bookmark - what a wonderful debut story, please write more!

And the lighter Blake stories -
@Littlesue - I think that Avon would actually like the coffee ones flavoured rebels - sorry, Revels! Kudos again to Lurena for her pictures, and for Nomenclature .

Lest you think I was idle on my holidays, I was working on a 500 word 4-letter ficlet - the old fashioned way, using notebook and pen. Takes a lot longer without a word processor! Coming up in my next post...

Travisina
The Song of the Moon Disk

She knew the tune that woke her. It was a song from her past; one that she used to sing with her twin. It had been in her mind when she lay down, but now it was in the air and she was able to hear it with her ears, not just in her head. No one else on the ship knew this song, so who... how...?

She sat up on her bunk and in the dim glow of the wall lamp she saw her Moon Disk stir on its tray of sand. It was the last of its kind, and she now felt the same – with the loss of her twin, she was the last of hers.

She went over to the tray, and the Moon Disk drew near to meet her.

Was that you?

Yes, it said in her mind. Will you sing with me?

She put out her hand and the Moon Disk slid over the sand and on to her palm. It felt warm as she held it, and it sang to her once more. It took the tune from her mind, but used it with a new poem. It sang of its lost home; of the red sun in a pale sky, of cool sand and near kin. She sang with it then, a sad duet of time gone by, a song of love and loss. She wept for her twin as she sang.

When the song came to an end, she used her free hand to wipe her eyes. "This ship is our home now," she told her pet, as she put it down on its bed of sand. "The crew are our new kin."

She felt the Moon Disk reply in her mind: Yes, it said, I know. My song was to help you know it, too.

She went back to her bunk, and as she lay down, the Moon Disk sang a new tune. This time it was a glad song of life, of hope, of new home and kin.

She did not take the Moon Disk with her when she left the ship for the last time. On its own in her room, the Moon Disk felt Zen's pain and sang to him as he died. It knew that the ship was sick, and sang to it as it fell into ruin.

Vila, the last of his new kin, took Orac and was gone. With no one left to hear it, the Moon Disk sang a love song for the ship and the crew that for a time had been its home and kin. The song only came to an end when the ship blew up, as the Moon Disk held the last note for as long as it was able to sing.

Anniew
Wow, impressive late entries.

Mistletoe - that's a strange, disturbing, mesmerising fic. Boy did it grip and draw me in!

Travisina- how have you made that lovely story flow so well using only words of 4 letters?
Technically such a challenge and you rise to it magnificently. Moving too!!! A lot to be said for pen and paper obviously.

I would never have thought a challenge involving words of 4 letters only would be such fun to undertake or produce such interesting stories.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Joe Dredd
Travisina wrote:
The song only came to an end when the ship blew up, as the Moon Disk held the last note for as long as it was able to sing.

A new twist on the "radiation shadow" detected by Dorian on reaching Terminal.

Brilliant story, Travisina.

Anniew
There have been great stories this month and I forgot to say how much I enjoyed Pelladon's ist post Gauda prime story ( next up the search for Avon). Very sparsely written and very moving. Lovely Blake/ Jenna relationship too.

Lurena
-Mistletoe your story mirrors a nice part of the power of Blake's 7: providing fans and writers dreams and hope. Thank you for sharing.
-Ayo TT, reply in four or less: I want you to do more Orac PC, Roj & crew and Bad Trav play as you did so well! It's fun! I will look for the feet! *grin*
-Travisina, what a wonderful lovely story, so well written in the four letter challenge! For me it was a most touching story, tears in my eyes, as you know that I'm a singing alien with a lost home too. Thank you.

Travisina wrote:
Lurena wrote:

No need to apologise, Lurena - but that's a good idea. Would you like to start it?

With pleasure Travisina.
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
Anniew
Travusina wrote
@Littlesue - I think that Avon would actually like the coffee ones flavoured rebels - sorry, Revels! Kudos again to Lurena for her pictures, and for Nomenclature .

I sense a rush of Avon cannibal fics soon to appear on site. All that teeth baring - in anticipation of a yummy, juicy, coffee flavoured rebel!

littlesue
Anniew wrote:

Travusina wrote

I sense a rush of Avon cannibal fics soon to appear on site. All that teeth baring - in anticipation of a yummy, juicy, coffee flavoured rebel!

Does this mean I have to take a packet of Revels with me to Brighton???
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

purplecleric
Love Note

Hi mum - I need to tork - need to tell - I no I left in the nite and told no one - shud of. Bet you were sad. Bet you were mad at me. I had to get away. I was in a bad way - had got in to deep. A job came up on Lars crew and I had to go. Not a big job - just a gun hand - it was hard work but I got paid rite. It was ok.

Then I came here. GP or hell as we call it. Its bad here - a reel mess. Neer gave up I did. Let them take me - let them kill me - it was that bad. Then I met him. Thot he was a bad man - he had a ugly face. He wud tork and tork and tork. Bout new ways and a new life. Frit me sum time.

But he gave me a new job - a good job - even tort me how to reed and such. So I gess he was good. He tort me bout rite and rong - how you cant tell sum time. I got it. I saw wot he ment. He wos a sort of dad to me - a sort of hero to.

It all went rong. New men came and they fort. Lots of noys and lots of blud. The man with a bad grin shot him. And the feds came. Hes ded. Ther are all ded. I ran and hid. It frit me bad. I wont to dy Im so sad but I cant. He gave me a job to do. Cant stop just cos hes ded. Ive got to go to work. Wont be home for a long tim mum but I miss yu and luv yu. See you wen we win.

yor boy

zak

Anniew
Nice PC. Funny, touching and hopeful. This one is inspired by the menu thread! ( and Roald Dahl)

No Fed is ever half as vile
When left with any tiny child.
He eats it, with an evil grin-
So lush and rich with dewy skin.
He is most glad when he eats four
Just two of each, boy/girl -no more.

A Reb is easy, such a fool!
The boys are hot, the girls are cool.
He eats them with a bit of ham-
A bite or kiss and bye bye Ma'am.
Well that is just his evil view
But he must know. He's ate a few.

Go lock the door and grab my gun!
Go on my Rebs, be spry and run!
No stop! Get back! He's here. He's in!
Oh, look, that pale, that waxy skin,
The smug mien, the lips to rave on
The Rebs' fell doom, Mr Kerr Avon.
Edited by Anniew on 24 May 2016 11:16:58

trevor travis
GOLD FOR FOUR YEAR OLDS

Avon here. I don’t like kids. Kids are weak. And they reek of wee. But I’ll talk to you if I must.

Roj left a long time ago. He was a hero. I’m not. I want to live – that’s my goal. And I want cash. Lots of cash. Or gold. I want to be rich.

My old pal has a plan. We can help him rob the gold.

I say ‘old pal’, but he’s just a man I knew. That is all. I don’t have pals.

Vila is not a pal. Del is not a pal. None of them are. My bear was my only pal. He had nice, soft fur. He died, when our old ship blew up. That was down to her. I hate her.

The plot to rob the gold is a good one. Men will die. They will be shot dead. But I don't care.

Our plan can’t fail. It must not fail. I must be rich.

Oh no, what a mess! We lost. No gold, no cash. I left my ‘old pal’ to die. And I made her rich. I hate her.

Plan B, then. I have told this tale so that you did not hear us. Hear us at your door.

Give me all your toys, kids, or I will kill you.

With lots and lots of toys, I can be rich!!

Bww-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Edited by trevor travis on 24 May 2016 12:12:10

JustBrad
Well done, AnnieW

Mistletoe12
May has produced a fascinating mixture of fics - including the recent additions from TT, PC and Travisina, which are highly entertaining.

And Annie: That was great! You are such a clever writer! A natural talent. I always look forward to reading all your contributions to this thread Grin

Travisina
Such clever new entries! Kudos to PC for using four letter versions of words of 5 letters plus - and keeping it real.
Anniew - that poem is pure genius.
TT - your version of Gold for 4-year olds almost caused a tea/keyboard interface incident!

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.46 seconds
9,176,396 unique visits since 8th January 2014