Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 13

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 923
· Newest Rebel: Jon Crockford

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
May 2016 Fanfic Challenge
purplecleric
There is only one prompt fitting for this time.

The May word prompt is ... BLAKE.

Let loose your graphite writing sticks in celebration of the character who began it all. Like many in the B7 universe, he was neither good nor bad, merely human and always an inspiration.

For the second challenge:

Four letter words. Not euphemistically - literally. Can you write a fanfic using only words of four letters or less?

Let the scribbling begin!

trevor travis
THE ORAC RAP

Orac. I am Orac.

I will rule. All will die.

GP was a set up. I did it. They died. Avon, Vila and the rest. By my plan.

The Feds will be next. They don’t have a clue what I will do.

Orac. King Orac. I am lord. Be my serf or die.
Edited by trevor travis on 03 May 2016 12:30:56

Travisina
And the winner for the fastest fic in the West is TT! Grin

Challenging challenges, PC! Now I need to figure out how to write a 4-letter word story using a 5-letter name. Hmmm...
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Spaceship Dispatcher
For some reason, I'm unable to read that Orac story without hearing it in my head as Rap. Grin Shock
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

For some reason, I'm unable to read that Orac story without hearing it in my head as Rap. Grin Shock

Maybe I should call the story THE ORAC RAP Grin

trevor travis
Travisina wrote:

Challenging challenges, PC! Now I need to figure out how to write a 4-letter word story using a 5-letter name. Hmmm...

I'm guessing a fair few stories about Avon, Vila or Orac. Or Og Wink

Travisina
trevor travis wrote:

Travisina wrote:

I'm guessing a fair few stories about Avon, Vila or Orac. Or Og Wink

This year I'm trying (and so far, succeeding) to use both challenges in one 500 word fic - most recently Tax + Dark & Stormy Night. But 'Blake' has 5 letters Oops

trevor travis
Travisina wrote:
This year I'm trying (and so far, succeeding) to use both challenges in one 500 word fic - most recently Tax + Dark & Stormy Night. But 'Blake' has 5 letters Oops

Ah, good luck Grin

At least, 500 words isn't a problem, this time. I can see a lot of short, sharp fan fics!!

Mistletoe12
Re: Four letter word challenge! Oh, like this idea, PC! I can't let the month slip by without stepping up to this challenge! And the Blake prompt: I have an idea in my head ... need to find the time to play with it properly.

TT: I hear Muller's influence LOL

trevor travis
Mistletoe12 wrote:

TT: I hear Muller's influence LOL

Yes, although I couldn't actually mention Muller, since he's six letters Grin Grin

Mind you, I quite like that B7 often leaves the viewers to join up the dots, so I don't mind putting that into a fan fic as well.

trevor travis
Combining both prompts:

STAR ONE FOR FOUR YEAR OLDS

Hi kids, my name is Roj.

I want to blow up Star One. BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I must find it. Ah, I can see it. Zen, let’s go to Star One now! Even if Avon says no!!

Our ship is fast!!!!

We are now at Star One. I have a bomb. I have set the bomb. Let’s get out of here.

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!! Star One is no more.

Vila, get out the soma. We have won and beat the Feds. We are free men.

Anniew
He was prepared to risk it all.

If the message was from Blake how dare he offer him a bribe? Why did he think Avon had held the gap at Star One if he was only interested in becoming rich and invincible? He had trusted Blake, even thought of him as a friend and had sought for him in the belief that he had been trusted in return. Insulting him with a bribe degraded everything that had made Avon respect him: everything that had persuaded him to act against his own interests and risk his safety. He wasn't going to let Blake get away with that.

Of course it was more likely that it was a trap; that the message originated with the Federation and that Blake was dead or captured and worse than dead. In which case he owed it to him to call someone to account, just as he had for Anna. To call Servalan to account. Such a plan could only have originated with her.

It consumed him, gnawed at his mind, the fear that Blake was untrustworthy, the rage that Blake might be dead and their friendship used as bait in a trap. Discovering the truth was all he thought about during the long watch. He'd keep the others safe if he could but the need to obliterate either his lying friend or his lying enemy pressed down on him like a weight - one or the other had to die at his hands whatever obstacles he encountered. It was an itch that maddened him and would drive him to destroy anything that got in the way of his revenge.

xxx

Shivering in the snow of Terminal, Blake dead and the Liberator destroyed, he wondered idly if the ship was another trap. It was quite possible, probable even, that she had mined it and linked the explosives via ultrasonic fuses to others planted at the base. It's what he would have done in her position. He thought briefly of warning the others before he and Dayna set out but what was the point? Either they would all survive and get off the planet or they'd die without too much pain. A quick death was realistically all he had left to offer them. All he really wanted.

And then it occurred to him. If she'd lied about the ship, then she might have also have lied about Blake being dead. With this thought, he knew he could no longer leave his survival to chance. He lowered himself to the ground feeling the cold that seeped through his leather vest chilling his body and trained a scope on the ship. He watched the link approach the entrance and suddenly knew that his instinct had been right. She'd lied!

xxx

First light and the dogged need to continue in the hope that one day he might find Blake alive drove him forward.

He turned his back on his failures, on his dead and made for the high ground.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Travisina
@TT - Genius! There I am, agonising over my ficlets for hours/days/weeks, and you just breeze one out in no time at all!

@Annie - excellent & neatly done, turning a Blake prompt into an Avon story!

Anniew
It had to be Avon, Travisina because I could use him to express my feelings at us losing Gareth! Wrote the story before the prompt came out.

Travisina
Anniew wrote:

It had to be Avon, Travisina because I could use him to express my feelings at us losing Gareth! Wrote the story before the prompt came out.

Ah, bless you. I had a feeling it might be something like that, I shouldn't have had a dig at you!

Anniew
It was a fair enough dig. I turn most prompts into an excuse to write about Avon!

trevor travis
Travisina wrote:@TT - Genius! There I am, agonising over my ficlets for hours/days/weeks, and you just breeze one out in no time at all!

Thanks - I was really unsure about it, because writing stories with four-letter words or less is certainly a challenge (I can imagine PC rubbing her hands together as she set that one - "let's make it tough for 'em"!!) and I wasn't sure if it actually worked.

After I wrote the first one, it was really weird reading it back - it sounded like a children's story with all the short single syllable words. Hence the subsequent children's story. Wink Really it needs accompanying photos with mini-Blake, mini-Avon and mini-Vila. Grin

It had to be Star One, because both words in the title have less than four letters!! Grin
Edited by trevor travis on 02 May 2016 09:45:54

trevor travis
Anniew wrote:

It was a fair enough dig. I turn most prompts into an excuse to write about Avon!

But it's a good Avon story. I like it.

Mistletoe12
Annie: Beautifully written story!

TT: I don't know what it says about me, but I read "Star One for Four Olds" three times - it too funny, cracks me up every time. Imagine the entire series documented this way. Course, there's that pesky title problem. . Grin

peladon
Over the word cound again - sorry but only 100 words this time so I'm getting better.

Blake
Servalan stared down at the wreck of Blake with a frown of disappointment, not beyond repair but the technicians who might do it were long gone now. Still it had served the purpose, even though it hadn’t been hers. Not that that mattered either. she had dealt with its owners within hours of the broadcast.

No Avon was a far bigger loss than one android, however high the quality or how successful it had been in infiltrating resistance groups. But even that had a silver lining; with Avon gone her path back to control of the Federation would be far less risky. If only they could find Orac.

Servalan put down her acceptance speech and turned for a final look at her reflection. There was no one left to recognise her now and this dress was a replica of the one she had worn at her first inauguration, a private indulgence that caused a smile each time she thought about it.

She raised a hand to brush the diamonds at her throat but stopped, hand mid way as a shadow moved behind her. The substances of the shadow moved into the kight and her heart skipped a beat as she recognised a face she had long thought never to see again. She looked towards the monitor that watched over her but the shadow man smiled and spoke softly.
There’s no one to hear you Servalan, they are all otherwise occupied.”
Servalan, he’d called her Servalan, but none knew that name any more.
“Who are you?” She demanded though a sense of certainty and futility was already seeping into her.
“Does it matter?”
She saw the weapon in his hand and knew that it didn’t.

The ship had gone from Earth orbit before anyone knew that the soon to be president was late and long before they knew she was dead. As the beacons of the solar system wre left behind the pilot turned to the man beside her.
“It’s over Blake, time to let it go and move on.”
The brooding look did not change.
“She didn’t even ask why.”
“I expect she knew..”
He seemed to think about that for a moment before he shrugged.
“Maybe she did. I think she recognised me.” He gave a small bitter laugh, “perhaps she though I was another clone or android.”
“Does it matter?” Jenna asked softly and reached out to squeeze his shoulder. “We did what we promised to do.”

Blake sighed deeply then smiled at her.
“I know, but I wish she had asked.”
“Why?”
“Because then I could have spoken his name as she died. It would have been…fitting.“ He looked down at the console, "Somehow I couldn’t do it when she didn’t ask. It would have felt cheap, a melodramatic indulgence he would never have approved of.”
Jenna smiled.
“Yes, I know what you mean. But I think she would have known it without you saying so. Avon’s gone but I doubt he ever really left her. At least if what Vila says is true.”
Jenna got to her feet.
“He’s been gone a while Blake, the debt has been paid and Servalan is dead. So where do we go from here?”

Blake was silent for a moment then he looked up at her with a crooked smile.
“Is he gone Jenna? After all they never found Orac and they never found his body.”
She patted his shoulder and smiled.
“And we have had an amazing run of luck to get here. Oh yes that’s occurred to me too.”
Then she left.

Blake stared out into space and wondered.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.59 seconds
9,793,602 unique visits since 8th January 2014