Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 12

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Remake or Continuation
clareblues1
Sue, exterminator and I did start working on a concept for a short teaser-trailer piece for what he's described above, though alas that ever present thing called real life keeps butting in and I really must apologise to exterminator for letting it lapse!

I think there's 'something' in the above mentioned and it's more than worth pursuing. Though I'm far from a pro when it comes to writing and I think it warrants someone who knows what they're doing rather than an amateur like me, keen though I am to see it become a reality.

Spin offs, if done well, can become enjoyable series in their own right.

We all love Blake's 7 and views are mixed on this issue, but I would still say to anyone considering creating a new series, give it your best shot and believe that you can achieve it.

What's worse at the end of the day? Having a new series and failing or never getting started? At least if we had one we could moan endlessly about it LOL!
The foolish reject what they see;
the wise reject what they think.

littlesue
clareblues1 wrote:

Sue, exterminator and I did start working on a concept for a short teaser-trailer piece for what he's described above, though alas that ever present thing called real life keeps butting in and I really must apologise to exterminator for letting it lapse!

I think there's 'something' in the above mentioned and it's more than worth pursuing. Though I'm far from a pro when it comes to writing and I think it warrants someone who knows what they're doing rather than an amateur like me, keen though I am to see it become a reality.

Spin offs, if done well, can become enjoyable series in their own right.

We all love Blake's 7 and views are mixed on this issue, but I would still say to anyone considering creating a new series, give it your best shot and believe that you can achieve it.

What's worse at the end of the day? Having a new series and failing or never getting started? At least if we had one we could moan endlessly about it LOL!

I'm sure that there are enough people on this forum who could sit around a table and come up with something if you have an idea in mind.
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Space Commander Travis
By all means do a CGI or enhanced version of the original(with the option to watch it original or with new CGI like Star Trek the original series on Bluray for example).

^^
This, what they did with the original 60's Star Trek on the Blu Ray releases is astonishing. Remastered Blake's 7 episodes on Blu Ray with new state of the art CGI effects as a viewing option would be awesome.

sweevo
The only limitation is that most B7 (save for location shoots) studio shoots were videotaped instead of filmed (never liked VT too much as a medium compared to film due to cost, size and quality - even 16 mm can look awesome on a projector, and almost anybody can afford it).

dinalt
I think a continuation would work best, as to my mind it would be very hard to find actors/actresses who could play the original parts.

Whether that's relatives (or offspring) of the original cast, I don't know. It could be a fresh band of rebels inspired by the original group.

That said, remakes or reboots aren't necessarily a bad thing. In many ways it can keep interest alive, and be interesting to how new scriptwriters re-imagine the original.
BSG's the obvious example of a reboot that worked. But there are many others that fail spectacularly.

And always a thorny issue with recasting. Even in the original B7, Travis was recast so it isn't always a definite no. And even in the audio adventures, sadly Zen and Orac had to be recast, although Alistair Lock has done an amazing job.

Personally though, I can't see anyone filling the roles of the original cast in an onscreen production.

Joe Dredd
Space Commander Travis wrote:
Remastered Blake's 7 episodes on Blu Ray with new state of the art CGI effects as a viewing option would be awesome.

Here's a couple of minutes of CG-enhanced "Spacefall": Click!

There are three other segments by the same person (two of Spacefall, one of The Way Back) plus a couple of tests of the Liberator. Check out the other clips too. One of them has London going to time distort.

Spaceresearcher
Joe Dredd wrote:

Space Commander Travis wrote:
Remastered Blake's 7 episodes on Blu Ray with new state of the art CGI effects as a viewing option would be awesome.

Here's a couple of minutes of CG-enhanced "Spacefall": Click!

There are three other segments by the same person (two of Spacefall, one of The Way Back) plus a couple of tests of the Liberator. Check out the other clips too. One of them has London going to time distort.

Thanks Joe Dredd. This is a perfect example of how CGI can be good or not so good. When the Liberator comes up on the viewing screen, it looks terrific. However when The London is extending the docking tube to The Liberator, well to me the real model looked much more realistic. In fact the real model looks better all round. So it's a tough sell. The real model for the London just gives a sense of realism. To me, the original Star Wars trilogy and the blinking eye candy prequel Star Wars trilogy are another fine example on the superiority of real life props. The realism kind of stutters with CGI, not so with real life models(so long as you don't bounce them on a string like the space station in Dr Who and the Ark In Space for example).

clareblues1
For those of you on Facebook.... I have this evening posted a video trailer based on the Payter Fen follow on that Exterminator mentioned earlier in this thread and which he and I started to draught up a concept.

In order to create it I've pinched stuff off Google, so I apologise to those concerned, but I wanted to illustrate in more than words that the basic idea could work.

If you have seen it, please post thoughts here... Smile

Alas I can't upload it to Photobucket and share it directly on here. It was created in iMovie and is a MOV file that probably isn't supported by their software.

BradPaula
Clare, the video trailer was excellent!

Travisina
clareblues1 wrote:

For those of you on Facebook.... I have this evening posted a video trailer based on the Payter Fen follow on that Exterminator mentioned earlier in this thread and which he and I started to draught up a concept.

If you have seen it, please post thoughts here... Smile

Alas I can't upload it to Photobucket and share it directly on here. It was created in iMovie and is a MOV file that probably isn't supported by their software.

Clare, for those of us not on Facebook (me! ) - are you able to upload it to YouTube or Vimeo? Then you can post a link here. I'm dying to see it!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

sooper mouse
The thought of a Blake's 7 reboot gives me anxiety attacks and makes me very angry at the same time. The Star Trek reboots were absolutely awful.
There can't be another Blake and I will become very very violent if anyone dares to think there can be another Avon.

Continue it, but do not ever mess with the originals, and Paul Darrow should be involved
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.

clareblues1
Super Mouse, please calm yourself, I appreciate you have strong feelings on the matter...

sooper mouse
clareblues1 wrote:

Super Mouse, please calm yourself, I appreciate you have strong feelings on the matter...

the star trek reboots were rather upsetting
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.

sooper mouse
clareblues1 wrote:

it is actually very unlikely since Paul Darrow owns the rights. Fairly certain he wouldn't want to stop being Avon.
A continuation would be good and he expressed interest in it, it literally is an issue of getting the money up.
Maybe there's a way to get in touch and organize a crowdfunding campaign?

Could have a script contest amongst the fandom and Paul would decide which gets made.

Wouldn't even need a lot of money. We do wonderful stuff with CGI.
Edited by sooper mouse on 19 November 2016 16:56:07

JustBrad
sooper mouse wrote:

clareblues1 wrote:

it is actually very unlikely since Paul Darrow owns the rights. Fairly certain he wouldn't want to stop being Avon.
A continuation would be good and he expressed interest in it, it literally is an issue of getting the money up.

Could have a script contest amongst the fandom and Paul would decide which gets made.

Sorry, but Paul Darrow does not own the rights to B7 or Avon, and even says so in his autobiography.

sooper mouse
JustBrad wrote:

sooper mouse wrote:

clareblues1 wrote:

Sorry, but Paul Darrow does not own the rights to B7 or Avon, and even says so in his autobiography.

He was part of B7 Enterprises who bought a license from Nation's estate. Then he left them and the rights are now apparently licensed to Big Finish.

Who may or may not have the will and means to actually make a new series on anything but audio.

One has to wonder how much are said rights worth atm.
With so much development hell... the Nation estate might not look down unkindly on a reasonable offer.
Edited by sooper mouse on 19 November 2016 17:45:44

Rainesz
My thoughts are definitely on a continuation! (I don't think they could ever recreate the magic of the original, even with CGI and bigger budgets.)

There could be completely new stories set in this world, with the possibility of Paul Darrow as Avon narrating or as the mysterious guiding force behind the new Rebellion. Possibly the original actors could take part in it as completely new characters-- or even the ones they originally played if it was decided any of them survived.

Plus I think any new stories have the potential to be extremely relevant and topical.

sooper mouse
Rainesz wrote:

My thoughts are definitely on a continuation! (I don't think they could ever recreate the magic of the original, even with CGI and bigger budgets.)

There could be completely new stories set in this world, with the possibility of Paul Darrow as Avon narrating or as the mysterious guiding force behind the new Rebellion. Possibly the original actors could take part in it as completely new characters-- or even the ones they originally played if it was decided any of them survived.

Plus I think any new stories have the potential to be extremely relevant and topical.

purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Zhu Bajie
Little known fact that Servlan cloned the original crew so she could run 'simulation experiments' to predict their behaviours. Nobody knows how much of the original series were these war-games played out by Servlan and how many were real. After the incident on Gauda Prime the clones were put into cyogenic suspension, where they aged, slowly. 60 years later, the crew awake, aged as they are now, on board a strange, alien vessel, unaware of how or why they got there.

Well, I'd watch it!

http://realmofzhu.blogspot.com
winnie-l
Well, I'd watch it!
Yeah, I'd give it a go too!

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.51 seconds
9,141,707 unique visits since 8th January 2014