Login

Username

Password



Not a rebel yet?
CLICK HERE to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 14

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

What would you like if a new TV series were to happen??
Remake/Reboot Remake/Reboot 28%[8 Votes]
Continuation Continuation 72%[21 Votes]
Total Votes : 29
 Print Thread
Remake or Continuation
goorz
There have been many efforts over the years the revive the cult classic. All have which have failed. Despite this Blake's 7 has lived on with Big Finish producing a vast number of original and new adventures through audiobooks such as The Liberator Chronicles. The prospect of seeing the show return to the small screen however is still one that grips hardcore fans.

Many efforts have been focused on a remake/reboot of the show. I feel that new original content, which would have the show based around 20 years after the events of the last episode "Blake", would be a better solution.

I have been working on a script for a pilot episode based on what I would like for a continuation of the series rather than a remake/reboot. Once finished I will post it and see what everyone thinks of it.

Meanwhile discussion is welcomed with the question being - Would you rather see a remake/reboot of the series or a new continuation??

Whatever your opinion, any Blake's 7 on TV would be warmly welcomed.
 
trevor travis
Continuation.

Although, with Gareth sadly gone, I was tempted to say "neither".

I certainly don't want a reboot. Gareth Thomas was Blake. No-one else could ever come close.
 
goorz
Totally agree no one should take over Blake. I was thinking of a new band of rebels. Plots would include searching for the mythical and legendary Avon, what happened top Orac. Something along those lines.
 
trevor travis
goorz wrote:

I was thinking of a new band of rebels. Plots would include searching for the mythical and legendary Avon, what happened top Orac. Something along those lines.


Avon could appear in the final seconds, on top of a mountain, while Tarrant dies after a confrontation with his son. Meanwhile, the new rebel leader is female, with various rumours that she is the daughter of Avon, the daughter of Blake, or the grand-daughter of Og.

Or has someone done that one already?
 
sweevo
To be honest, neither. If I HAD to choose, then maybe a continuation following a new group of rebels, with Avon and Vila as the only returning characters.
 
JustBrad
My gut reaction: Let us not mess with perfection.

That said, I can imagine a reboot, with Sally playing the role of Alta Morag, Steven Greif as Dev Tarrant, and Brian Croucher as Vyn Glynd. Maybe Michael Keating could play the arbiter with the short life expectancy. Beyond that it all comes down to casting. Get it wrong and it would be a disaster.

A continuation is safer. A young man and /or woman find out that they are the offspring of one of the renowned rebels, and while they want nothing to do with the rebellion, the Federation has marked them. They reluctantly begin The Way Back.

An idea Paula and I have shared, is Fen Pater breaking his conditioning, realizing he was NOT attacked by Blake.... And the Feds don't like the idea of him saying Blake was not a villain.
 
BradPaula
JustBrad wrote:

My gut reaction: Let us not mess with perfection.

That said, I can imagine a reboot, with Sally playing the role of Alta Morag, Steven Greif as Dev Tarrant, and Brian Croucher as Vyn Glynd. Maybe Michael Keating could play the arbiter with the short life expectancy. Beyond that it all comes down to casting. Get it wrong and it would be a disaster.

A continuation is safer. A young man and /or woman find out that they are the offspring of one of the renowned rebels, and while they want nothing to do with the rebellion, the Federation has marked them. They reluctantly begin The Way Back.

An idea Paula and I have shared, is Fen Pater breaking his conditioning, realizing he was NOT attacked by Blake.... And the Feds don't like the idea of him saying Blake was not a villain.


*Sweevo mentioned this scenario while doing the The Way Back rewatch a few weeks ago and I thought it was brilliant!* My first inkling was to say reboot, but I think a continuation with this story line would be quite good, and you have all new characters and still honor the memory of the originals.
 
atomicmayo
I love the universe itself and would love to see more about *that* which is why I picked continuation, but the notion of a reboot makes me really, really sad.
my tumblr | my twitter | my deviantart | my patreon
 
http://i-fought-space.tumblr.com
markab2
Don't like the phrase reboot..it makes me jittery!
 
Bounty
Remake for sure. As for its potential connection to the original series - someone finds Orac, breaks into a federation ship building factory, and has Orac put the Liberator's blueprints into a machine. I nice and easy reset button.
 
helo_75
For sure, one of my favourite reboots (hence the nickname) was bsg. . Perfect retelling of a classic story. But blakes 7... I have to agree with Brad. .. blakes 7 is, and always will be , perfection... what blakes 7 gave us more than anything was believable characters portrayed by perfect actors... I don't think anyone, regardless of talent or popularity could ever be blake, or Avon, hell, how could anyone play servalan in any capacity? The way jax turns you cold with a single stare has never been replicated for me, and I think the story , if it has to be told needs to continue, or there will always be comparisons
 
Tyce
trevor travis wrote:

Avon could appear in the final seconds, on top of a mountain, while Tarrant dies after a confrontation with his son. Meanwhile, the new rebel leader is female, with various rumours that she is the daughter of Avon, the daughter of Blake, or the grand-daughter of Og.

Or has someone done that one already?


Ha! Love it! So want to go with the grand-daughter of Og scenario.

I'd actually love a remake. I'd love to see all the original issues fixed. Firstly make Jenna and Cally the women they were supposed to be!! Dayna too. Make the storylines build on each other. Keep Blake! Or at least NOT drop the idea of finding him in S3E2, not to mention don't drop the idea of being rebels and seriously work on that continuity thing.

I do agree though that the poor guy who does the casting for this is never gonna survive the job..... or criticism that follows. He or she could be the best casting person in the world and their still not going to get it right.
 
rojkerr1
Poor Fen Payter and the others are in my Scars story, written to publicise Mark of Kane, I have the artwork from Horizon on my wall
 
JustBrad
trevor travis wrote:

Avon could appear in the final seconds, on top of a mountain, while Tarrant dies after a confrontation with his son. Meanwhile, the new rebel leader is female, with various rumours that she is the daughter of Avon, the daughter of Blake, or the grand-daughter of Og.

...


Being raised by Inga on Exbar?
 
RSC
A new team of rebels perhaps a son or daughter of Avon but it is secretly organized and ran by ORAC. to steal an idea from DC Comics with a little nod to the season one ender of B7--the team has to find where ORAC has been in hiding since Blake.
 
Spaceresearcher
What TT said. A continuation is the only way to honor the series and Terry Nation the creator who never wanted it to end in the first place.

Think of it like this. Do Star Trek fans want the original series done as a re-boot? It's no different for Blakes 7 fans. By all means do a CGI or enhanced version of the original(with the option to watch it original or with new CGI like Star Trek the original series on Bluray for example) but don't dare touch perfection.

There's a number of fans I've talked with who are actually warm to the idea of a re-boot but I think it's more along the lines of wanting new Blakes 7 to appear on the screen again as opposed to genuine joy. A continuation is the way to go and personally I think an animated feature would be the way to do it. Something of 'Final Fantasy - The Spirits Within' calibre with Lurena and other talented fans being on the art department to ensure faithful renditions of our heroes.

However, a real models and real actors filming would be amazing as well, I'm certain.

The only question would be the script for the continuation. Would it be Mr Darrow's new trilogy or something completely new and call the new novels an 'alternate future' Blakes 7?
 
littlesue
Daughter No. 1, who is not a fan, has suggested that Mr D do a prologue as an older Avon who has survived GP and is telling anyone who will listen about Blake and his Cause.
He could say that only he knows the truth and that what he relates is the start of episode 2, Spacefall, neatly sidestepping the stumbling block of Blake's trial and reason for being sent to Cygnus Alpha. He could say something about trumped up charges...
...and how he first met Blake as the escape plan was being discussed. Fade from new footage to the original episode.
Then, perhaps, someone might get a brilliant idea about reviving the show and then we could have the continuation, just as Mr Nation wanted.
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!


sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/
 
exterminator
There have been at least two or three official attempts to "re-boot" Blake's 7 over the years, and we all know what happened to them - they got no further than an official announcement and a sketch or two before they disappeared without a trace. The only o e that got any further was B7Media's audio series, but that was ... ummm ... less than great, with a lot of "original features" changed or discarded. So probably not a re-boot, then ... !!

Like several folk above, I've always fancied the idea of a continuation, set "now", 30-odd years on from what the Federation might call "the Blake incident".

With a new group of rebels, I suppose the big question is "Why?" What's the motivation for a new group of people to turn against the all-powerful Federation, risking their live, their liberty ... everything?

One name has been mentioned a few times - Payter Fen. One of the original three prosecution witnesses at Blake's trial, further mental conditioning has meant that he has grown up and become a middle-ranking officer in his beloved Federation. Of course, he is still under observation (only casual and infrequent, he's considered a "low risk" subject), but he's a model Federation officer.

Then something happens. He's organising the arrest of some dissidents, and he gets involved in a fight. A knock on the head, but he's fine, he says. Just a bit of a headache. Then the bad dreams start, super-real. Flashbacks. Memories unblocked. What's happened to me?Who is Blake? Who am I? Questions. He asks ... in the wrong places, to the wrong people. They move against him. He's got to get out, get away, find the answers. Who can he trust? Friends? Enemies? No-one?
----------------------------------------

"There it is!"
 
littlesue
exterminator wrote:

There have been at least two or three official attempts to "re-boot" Blake's 7 over the years, and we all know what happened to them - they got no further than an official announcement and a sketch or two before they disappeared without a trace. The only o e that got any further was B7Media's audio series, but that was ... ummm ... less than great, with a lot of "original features" changed or discarded. So probably not a re-boot, then ... !!

Like several folk above, I've always fancied the idea of a continuation, set "now", 30-odd years on from what the Federation might call "the Blake incident".

With a new group of rebels, I suppose the big question is "Why?" What's the motivation for a new group of people to turn against the all-powerful Federation, risking their live, their liberty ... everything?

One name has been mentioned a few times - Payter Fen. One of the original three prosecution witnesses at Blake's trial, further mental conditioning has meant that he has grown up and become a middle-ranking officer in his beloved Federation. Of course, he is still under observation (only casual and infrequent, he's considered a "low risk" subject), but he's a model Federation officer.

Then something happens. He's organising the arrest of some dissidents, and he gets involved in a fight. A knock on the head, but he's fine, he says. Just a bit of a headache. Then the bad dreams start, super-real. Flashbacks. Memories unblocked. What's happened to me?Who is Blake? Who am I? Questions. He asks ... in the wrong places, to the wrong people. They move against him. He's got to get out, get away, find the answers. Who can he trust? Friends? Enemies? No-one?


When can we expect the script?
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!


sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/
 
jdn-85
Maybe this Fen Payter is a spin-off Big Finish could consider? They've done many Doctor Who spin off's that have worked.
Never trust a man who keeps his booze under lock and key
 
Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.44 seconds
9,190,357 unique visits since 8th January 2014