Login

Username

Password



Not a rebel yet?
CLICK HERE to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

 Print Thread
Smallspace 2016
littlesue
Hi Nick

Now you know what Mr D has to put up with when we turn up the various events that he attends!!!

Very nice to have met you and I hope the guys have given you some pointers for making the model.

Please post pictures won't you.
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!


sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/
 
Travisina
Hi BluePilot,

Welcome to Horizon! Good to have you with us (well done, littlesue!)

Sorry we couldn't get to Smallspace - my hubby is a huge fan of Space 1999 & the Eagle is his second favourite ship, too.

Future events are:
Theatre outings - see thread here: http://www.blakes...ad_id=1699 , and a trip to Kew Gardens in August http://www.blakes...ad_id=1634

Looking forward to meeting you!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes
 
BradPaula
Great photo, Sue, thanks for sharing. And hi to BluePilot! Glad to have you aboard.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.
 
purplecleric
Yes, the Horizon Missionaries were out recruiting again!

The weather was perfect, it was fab to meet up with friends old and new *waves to cakeinmilk and BluePilot*, the displays were amazing and the whole PC clan had a great day.

My photos of the day https://goo.gl/ph...dEkMCxaVL9
As ever I was astonished by the attention to detail and the work that goes into making the models and replica props. The process is fascinating.

The guy who runs the Cult TV book stall had put by some old B7 fanzines for me - 2 Aussie ones from the late '80's that also have Sapphire & Steel and Tomorrow's People fanfic in them with gorgeous illustrations and even a piece by an old mate of littlesue's.

And, as only happens at events like these, I spent a long time discussing whether teleportation is like Thesus' ship paradox with a man dressed up as a Star Fleet red-shirted ensign, complete with blast wound.
 
Anniew
Fascinating PC. If the teleport replaces the individual and there is even a tiny deterioration in the copy this could explain the difference between season 1/2. Avon and 3/4 Avon.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.
 
BradPaula
Excellent photos, PC. Really enjoyed seeing them. Was that a bust of Blake along with the first and second Doctors?
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.
 
littlesue
Here are the first few photos of the event taken by Dearest.
42 down....just a lot more to go, plus my meagre few!
Password is
small2016
http://s425.photo...mp;page=1#
Edited by littlesue on 07 July 2016 14:16:43
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!


sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/
 
Spaceresearcher
Thank you so much littlesue. Great to see the shots of the gang, the famous Hairdryer spacecraft and Orac is looking really well. Not to mention the last surviving 'original' liberator.

The Federation Trooper helmet is superb but what brought a tear of joy to my eye was a fabulous sculpture of the great Gareth Thomas as Blake. What a wonderful tribute to a great hero.
 
Spaceresearcher
purplecleric wrote:

Yes, the Horizon Missionaries were out recruiting again!

The weather was perfect, it was fab to meet up with friends old and new *waves to cakeinmilk and BluePilot*, the displays were amazing and the whole PC clan had a great day.

My photos of the day https://goo.gl/ph...dEkMCxaVL9
As ever I was astonished by the attention to detail and the work that goes into making the models and replica props. The process is fascinating.

The guy who runs the Cult TV book stall had put by some old B7 fanzines for me - 2 Aussie ones from the late '80's that also have Sapphire & Steel and Tomorrow's People fanfic in them with gorgeous illustrations and even a piece by an old mate of littlesue's.

And, as only happens at events like these, I spent a long time discussing whether teleportation is like Thesus' ship paradox with a man dressed up as a Star Fleet red-shirted ensign, complete with blast wound.


Superb shots Purple Cleric, many thanks. I'm always amazed by the growing number of Space 1999 modellers out there. (Here's hoping Blakes 7 gains it's popularity).
 
littlesue
Spaceresearcher wrote:

Thank you so much littlesue. Great to see the shots of the gang, the famous Hairdryer spacecraft and Orac is looking really well. Not to mention the last surviving 'original' liberator.

The Federation Trooper helmet is superb but what brought a tear of joy to my eye was a fabulous sculpture of the great Gareth Thomas as Blake. What a wonderful tribute to a great hero.


I have a picture of the lady who made that lovely sculpture. It's waiting to be cropped and then uploaded. I didn't get her name but she was on the same stall as Clanger.
And I thanked her.
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!


sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/
 
purplecleric
The sculptress' name is Janet Black and she can be contacted via the HaMex facebook page.

She sculpts each bust by hand, in clay, then makes a Plaster of Paris mold which is used for the latex end product. Then she adds the finishing touches, painting, hooking in the hair like in doll-making and adding some accessories. All the items she had on display were made in one month.

It was very funny watching her tweak 'William Hartnell's' nose and the fact they were made of latex, opens up interesting possibilities of life like masks of our heroes (for cosplay purposes of course).
 
purplecleric
Spaceresearcher wrote:

Superb shots Purple Cleric, many thanks. I'm always amazed by the growing number of Space 1999 modellers out there. (Here's hoping Blakes 7 gains it's popularity).


Well, littlesue and I do our best to spread the word, and Clanger68 and Exterminator make great ambassadors.
 
Space Commander Travis
Great photos, I do love those Scorpio clip guns, I must have a go at making one.
 
RB
littlesue wrote:

Here's just one photo taken by Dearest of those Horizon members (and others who joined in) with a photo of Gareth.
More to follow once I have cropped and sorted them out!

i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp337/smallwondersue/horizon%20group5_zpsngymyv29.jpg


Brilliant, it was a super day and a nice tribute...
 
Anniew
It looks an amazing day and you were obviously having a wonderful time. The pictures are great.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.
 
exterminator
littlesue wrote:

Here's just one photo taken by Dearest of those Horizon members (and others who joined in) with a photo of Gareth.
More to follow once I have cropped and sorted them out!

i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp337/smallwondersue/horizon%20group5_zpsngymyv29.jpg

There's a particularly fine looking fellow on the right-hand side of the photo.

Dunno who the bloke with the red shorts is. Some hanger-on ...
----------------------------------------

"There it is!"
 
clanger68
Great photos everyone.

It was a really nice day, even managed to have a few chats this time but there still is never enough time.......

Lovely to see friends old and new, some truly amazing items on display, so many screen used items from the Gerry Anderson shows that my head was spinning.

Great that some new people have found this forum through the sterling efforts of littlesue and purplecleric, well done you two, hope you all have fun here.

Still in awe of cakeinmilk walking to Hanslope from Milton Keynes, that is quite a hike!

At 11.30am we had a quick group photo to honour Gareth and shouted his name out loud, so here's to you Gareth, never forgotten.

i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj280/sterclanger68/b7small_zpsxnpawgxs.jpg

The weather was lovely, the company was excellent and the bacon was tasty, job done! Smile

Hopefully we'll get to do it again next year.

Cheers,

Andy
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"
 
http://www.exewing.co.uk
Birdie
Hi all,

Another terrific day out at Smallspace, but somehow I managed to miss you guys (except the ubiquitous Phil & Andy!) Sad

I know a Horizon member had a chat with my wife Linda at our table about Marvin, I think I was off buying cake! If there's another one next year, we need to get a bigger boat, couldn't fit half our stuff on the table, so underneath was the place to be Smile

Anyhoo, here are my pictures, as you can see I got a little carried away playing with my own props!

Cheers,

Simon
http://s1193.phot...amp;page=1
 
BradPaula
Really liked your photos from Smallspace, Birdie. Thanks for sharing them.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.
 
littlesue
I've added a whole lot more of the photos taken by Dearest.
Now just my meagre few to go through!
There are also a couple of piccies of some terrible creature stalking one of the Weeping Angels. I don't know who looks more terrified!!!!!
Password is
small2016
http://s425.photo...mp;page=1#
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!


sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/
 
Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.52 seconds
9,141,819 unique visits since 8th January 2014