Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 13

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 924
· Newest Rebel: Mark Stanfa

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
The Unofficial Blake's 7 Handbook
Spaceship Dispatcher
It has been so moving and amazing to see all the messages posted in memory of the late and great Gareth Thomas on the site this week, so this feels a good time to share a new project that myself and Rodney are planning to organise over the coming year. The book when published will be dedicated to Gareth and will be a charity title, with Alzheimer’s Research UK as the beneficiary as this was a cause that he supported. It is planned to create an unofficial handbook about Blake’s 7, written by and for the fans, that will discuss the main characters and various elements of the show. With our fandom in a very dark place at the moment, I’m hoping it will be an encouragement for all to see an exciting new Blake’s 7 project that anyone can get involved with in the months to come as we recover from the shock of last week’s news. There’s no deadlines yet and no urgency to get involved, but I felt this was a good time to share something positive to look forward to that will also remember our collective loss and give to a good cause too.

Over the following posts, I’ll outline what we have so far and anyone that would like to get involved can post in reply straight away or leave it a few weeks – whenever you feel comfortable. In a way, I’m thinking of writers getting together on this as a sort of virtual group hug.

PS – the title is subject to change… if anyone has a nice idea for it, just let us know! Wink
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Spaceship Dispatcher
Section one will consist of a discussion about each of the main characters in turn; character background, personality, relationships, strengths and weaknesses, good and bad moments, controversies, popular fan theories and so on. Reference to the actor is fine, and overlap with other people's essays is inevitable to an extent so also not to be worried about.

Blake
Avon
Vila
Gan
Jenna
Servalan
Tarrant
Travis
Cally
Soolin
Dayna

If you would like to write about a character, please just post a reply or PM me whenever. No hurry. The essays in red are not available to volunteer for at the moment, but of course things always change and I'll post updates.
Edited by Spaceship Dispatcher on 19 April 2016 12:35:51
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Anniew
Bagsie Avon!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Section two will cover quite a range of topics that we hope will be interesting!

Artificial Intelligence: Zen, Orac and Slave
How is AI portrayed in the Blake's 7 universe? How do the main computers' personalities differ?

Dystopian Visions: the sets and locations
How set design and choice of locations created a distinctive vision of the future and far away worlds.

The Women of Blake’s 7
A discussion of how Blake's 7 gave many strong roles to women, not only main characters but also guests.

The Federation
On Earth, in space, and on its many colonies. The Federation was almost real, so what do we know about it?

Alien Worlds
A detailed journey through the politics and culture of the alien worlds seen in the show

Setting the Mood: the music
The music of Blake's 7 played a large part in creating the unique atmosphere of the show

Future Fashion: costume design
Exploring how the fashions of the main characters, guests and extras added to show and made it special

Maximum Power: space travel of the future
Many space craft were seen in action over the course of the show; we explore variety in concept and design

Physics and science in the Blake’s 7 Universe
No futuristic fantasy is complete without some extraordinary science; but was it really all pure fantasy?

~~~

Again, no hurry with this but if you would like to tackle one of these subjects please reply here or drop me a PM whenever you feel ready. Many thanks to those who have already taken on essays in section one!
Edited by Spaceship Dispatcher on 24 April 2016 18:51:21

Spaceship Dispatcher
Anniew wrote:

Bagsie Avon!

Thanks Annie, he's all yours Wink

Anniew
Oh I wish!

Spaceship Dispatcher
The third section will be an episode listing and review section; for each episode we would have...

Title and writer
Cast and crew
Filming locations
Transmission date
Synopsis – max 500 words
Two reviews – max 500 words each*

*One good review by a fan of the episode, and one review by someone more critical

~~~

There's no real limit to how many of these bite sized entries each person can write, but we are looking for one positive review and one critical review for each episode plus a brief plot synopsis. If you would like to describe or review one or more episodes, again please reply or drop me a PM at any time! At the moment, none of the reviews are taken...

Spaceship Dispatcher
The final section will cover:

Independent Audio Dramas
BBC Radio
Big Finish – The Liberator Chronicles
Big Finish – The Full Cast Audio Dramas
Edited by Spaceship Dispatcher on 17 April 2016 21:19:41

clanger68
A great idea.

Wouldn't mind handling this one?

- Andy

>>>Maximum Power: space travel of the future
Many space craft were seen in action over the course of the show; we explore variety in concept and design<<<
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"

http://www.exewing.co.uk
Spaceship Dispatcher
clanger68 wrote:

A great idea.

Wouldn't mind handling this one?

- Andy

Thanks Andy, it's all yours Grin

...these are going so fast I need to pick one myself! As I'm just about the only person who likes the radio plays, I'll cover those Grin

Anniew
I wouldn't mind tackling Harvest as well with a positive review! Don't want to hog things but as you can see I love writing so I'm happy to take up the slack if no one wants to take on a topic. Just let me know.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Anniew wrote:

I wouldn't mind tackling Harvest as well with a positive review! Don't want to hog things but as you can see I love writing so I'm happy to take up the slack if no one wants to take on a topic. Just let me know.

There's 104 mini-reviews needed, so no worries there Wink

Rodney
Good to see lots of enthusiasm for the project. I'm tackling Servalan, thus fulfilling a long-term desire. I think the book should be fun to piece together and equally fun to read.
Vila: Where are all the good guys?
Blake: You could be looking at them.
Avon: What a depressing thought!

Scott
Rodney wrote:

I'm tackling Servalan, thus fulfilling a long-term desire.

Is that actually printable?Wink

trevor travis
Scott wrote:

Rodney wrote:

I'm not sure... I know the desires that the Supreme Commander stirs up in many males of a certain age Wink

In fact, Jacs regaled us with one such tale at CA2... of a chap who invited Jacs around for an evening with him, as long as it was after 9pm after his mother had gone to bed Wink

BradPaula
trevor travis wrote:

Scott wrote:

Rodney wrote:

I'm not sure... I know the desires that the Supreme Commander stirs up in many males of a certain age Wink

In fact, Jacs regaled us with one such tale at CA2... of a chap who invited Jacs around for an evening with him, as long as it was after 9pm after his mother had gone to bed Wink

OMG, wasn't Jacs in top form at CA2? The stories, the asides, the go for the throat delivery? What a lady! I loved every moment of the panel. And I think she did too! Darling!

Spaceship Dispatcher
Many thanks to those who have volunteered their writing talents or accepted invitations to contribute to the project over the coming months...

Trevor Travis
Anniew
Brad
Andy
Rodney
Alan Stevens

Ten out the twenty-four essays have been taken, along with seven episode reviews, so far...

Mistletoe12
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

Many thanks to those who have volunteered their writing talents or accepted invitations to contribute to the project over the coming months...

Trevor Travis
Anniew
Brad
Andy
Rodney
Alan Stevens

Ten out the twenty-four essays have been taken, along with seven episode reviews, so far...

Am I still down for Big Finish: Liberator Chronicles (just checking) Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
Mistletoe12 wrote:

Am I still down for Big Finish: Liberator Chronicles (just checking) Grin

Yes! I knew there was something wrong with that list and just remembered what it was this morning - sorry! Grin
Edited by Spaceship Dispatcher on 19 April 2016 07:34:28

Spaceship Dispatcher

Trevor Travis
Anniew
Brad
Andy
Rodney
Mistletoe12
Alan Stevens

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.52 seconds
9,872,371 unique visits since 8th January 2014