Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 6

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
What now for audio Blake's 7?
stoke_rob
Whilst we are all steel reeling from the loss of Gareth Thomas, I would imagine Big Finish will have to reconsider plans for further full cast audios in the light of the information we already have which was that Gan was to be recast for an audio series set during Series A of the TV Show. They won't recast Blake - and nor should they - so I guess Series C is once again the obvious option with Tarrant, a recast Dayna and the other regulars. We have of course been robbed of our leader Roj Blake going head to head with Avon & Servalan and the ramifications of losing such a key member of the cast will be felt long into the future. But continuing the audios and having Blake mentioned is surely the best tribute we can pay to Gareth. It will still be BLAKE'S 7 no matter which combination of the cast appear together. I am of course assuming nothing was recorded thus for for future release by Gareth, although it would be rather poignant if there was one final audio waiting to emerge but I doubt it.

I can see Tarrant, Dayna, Vila, Avon and Del Grant as the obvious way forward for future audios onboard the Liberator. I'm sure Cavan and co. will be putting their minds to it shortly. It would be nice if it could in some way pay tribute to Gareth/Blake somewhere down the line to show that the greatest rebel of them all is still with them in spirit.
Rob Cope

http://www.colinbakeronline.com
JustBrad
Speaking personally, I can't really think about this right now. I've lost a friend, I'll worry about the continuation of BF later. I am confident they will have an appropriate response when the time is right.

trevor travis
JustBrad wrote:

Speaking personally, I can't really think about this right now. I've lost a friend, I'll worry about the continuation of BF later. I am confident they will have an appropriate response when the time is right.

If this forum had a like button, this would get a like.

BradPaula
Thank you, Brad, well said. I think for the time being we need to concentrate on grieving ourselves, and thinking our best thoughts for Gareth's family and friends. The concern about Big Finish can wait, and I'm sure it will all work out well in the end, but for now, it's too soon. Bless.

stoke_rob
No disrespect or offence was intended and nor do I make any apologies for speculation on a 'discussion' forum. I'll take my enthusiasm for B7 elsewhere.
Rob Cope

http://www.colinbakeronline.com
Anniew
That would be a pity Rob. We'd miss you.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

JustBrad
Stoke_Rob, I hope you can forgive us if we are not ready to engage in such a discussion right now. For the record, no one has said that a discussion of this sort can't take place or that posting of this nature is not allowed.

It's just that right now most of us on this board are in mourning for a man we considered not only a great actor, but a dear friend.
Edited by JustBrad on 15 April 2016 23:03:05

Joe Dredd
I agree Rob, there can't be full cast S1 or S2 audios without Gareth Thomas. BF could still continue with narrated 'Chronicles' type releases, telling us what Blake is saying and doing, rather than have the character there in person.

Recasting Gan was a pragmatic thought soften by the amount of time since David Jackson passed away. A number of the people posting here had frequent interactions with Gareth and are particularly saddened and distressed about it. Even those of us who only met him a few times or even not at all still felt a strong connection to him and we're all still numb and raw.

Continuing with S3 is a viable option but I also still wonder if BF can get to S4. Glynis Barber seems enthusiastic about her B7 friends and past and, as has been said here elsewhere by others, there's a lot of scope to have stories with two or three of the cast going somewhere in Scorpio while (e.g.) Dayna stays 'off camera' back at Xenon Base.

I'd also love to hear some S4 audios that are better than the Sevenfold Crown and the Syndeton Experiment (it's just occurred to me these episodes don't even have one word titles. They even got that wrong!).

We know Josette Simon has done some audio work at BF now. It would be great to think that she might've had such a nice time that she would be interested in doing some more.

The other option I see is for BF to move into S5/PGP (Post Gauda Prime) territory, telling the story of the survivors. BF have already given established Doctors new companions, so a
'series 5' strand would allow them to have Avon, Vila and Tarrant (and Soolin??) escape with Orac and a new fifth crew member in a new spaceship. To my mind that gets around all the issues of the S4 copyrights and avoids having to explain away missing characters. Furthermore you could have Avon realise that they need the safety and power of a DSV. That would provide a 'return to the System' storyline (sticking to Terry Nation copyrights) and allow the 'new' ship to use the familiar Liberator sound effects, Zen flight computer voice, etc. It also gets around having to contrive how they luck into a teleport a third time.

President Solvite
May I make a request?

Can we agree to let some time pass before discussing such matters...? At least until funeral arrangements etc.. have been concluded? Plus some time??

Despite the respectful intentions I'm sure we all have here I would like some time to digest and mourn recent events and get closure.

Also thinking of GT's family and colleagues here who need this probably more than us fans. This has hit us all hard and I for one think such discussions should be 'shelved' for a suitable amount of time.

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
President Solvite
Thread locked for now..

Thanks for understanding..

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.37 seconds
9,180,646 unique visits since 8th January 2014