Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 13

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 923
· Newest Rebel: Jon Crockford

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Gareth Thomas 1945 - 2016
Henry Eggleton
Terrible news, I had no idea his health was that bad.
I saw him a number of times at conventions and he always seemed a very kind man.
A great loss I hope his family are able to cope.

What I do I do without choice and to save time

http://dcmarvelrpg48705.yuku.com/directory#.UnfVjR
waynem0
Very sad news. Gareth as Blake was superb and I have always loved the television series and admired him as an actor. Never knew him in person sadly but for me he was one of my favourite child hood hero's and an inspiration

moriarty
How utterly sad. RIP Gareth and condolences to his family.

shadow
Noooo such terrible and sad news
Rip Gareth and condolences to his family
I have many treasured memories of being lucky enough to meet him a few times over the years and will always remember his generosity and kindness to the fans
A sad day indeed 😢😰

trevor travis
RIP Gareth. I remember him holding court at the bar at Who's 7 1992, the re-enactment of the Terminal scene at RTGP, and - along with Michael and Brian - staying behind at CA1 to give us the panel.

Good bloke, and a top actor. His portrayal of Roj Blake will live forever.

MLPasterisk
President Solvite wrote:

I still remember with great fondness of being stuck with him and David Jackson in a lift at the Deliverance '98 Convention. .

I was at the same convention. Smile

I remember at the end of the day he and Michael Keating both stayed behind to make sure that everyone who wanted an autograph got one. It was much appreciated.

MrsMrOlag wrote:

Heartbreaking news. Still digesting it. Such a lovely human being. I'm fortunate to have met him and... Sorry.
I wonder if we can arrange for donations to be made in Gareth's name to a charity of significance in lieu of flowers etc? British Heart Foundation or some such. I feel quite helpless and would like to do something kind in his memory, as he was such a kind man himself.
I send my love and sympathies.

Yes, I'd be happy to make a donation too.

Major Thala
Does with this news anyone who asked what was Gareth Thomas' favorite episodes if fans want to watch something tonight?

Please don't tell me it's Blake?

Inquisitor
Sad news indeed I was fortunate enough to meet him at a sci fi con in 2009, such a lovely man

trevor travis
My Gareth tale comes from Who’s 7 1992.

I was a penniless student, and to save money, I slept in one of the video rooms, which were showing 24 hours a day. The B7 video releases were nearing completion, but there were still two episodes I hadn’t watched since 1983 – Games and Sand. Therefore, my choice of location to sleep in was the B7 room, waking up halfway through the night when Sand was scheduled.

When I’d left the bar earlier, Gareth was still holding court. At lord knows what time in the morning, he returned to his room and passed the B7 video room and glanced in. It was bizarre being awoken from sleep by the voice of Roj Blake. “You can tell this is the Blake’s 7 video room – they’re all fast asleep!”

RIP Gareth.

Anniew
RIP Gareth Thomas

Mist pales the daffodils,
Their cheery yellow
Frailer lemon now.
Something of course
Continues but, unwelcome,
This reminds that one by
One, sooner or later,
We drop into that
Rough hole in the ground.

Only memory
Left at last but
You made it a good one:
Beers, laughs, doubts- all
Shared with lovers, friends
And fans. Your work
Well done.

Sadness
Both of life and death
Remain.
And gladness
That your thread
Wove itself into the
Fabric of our lives,
Adding its richness.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

clareblues1
I've just picked up on this news and I'm reeling to say the least. I shall post a fuller message later as I'm about to go into work. However my thoughts are with his family, friends and of course everyone here. We've lost a great person and a lovely man.
The foolish reject what they see;
the wise reject what they think.

Moon Disk
Shocked and saddened. My thoughts are with his family. God bless.

JustBrad
Sitting on the Heathrow Express when we logged in and heard the news. It's a very sad morning.

littlesue
I first met Gareth at Edgecon 1982. Here is a photo of him.

i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp337/smallwondersue/edge%20con%2082/garethnew.jpg

This was a 2 day convention and afterwards some of us were in the pub waiting to get our lifts home. My dearest walked in and said that the traffic was awful so we would have to wait a while until it had died down....then in walked Gareth with his wife and said the same thing......so, we all ended up in a corner of the pub, drinking and eating their sandwiches. My Hubby's second claim to fame is buying Gareth a drink!
When I next saw him it was at Brit Sci fi and he looked quite fragile then.
I reminded Gareth of the evening in the pub and he quickly took my Hubby's hand and shook it saying 'Thank you.'
This is such sad news.
Now I will have to watch the first few minutes of Quatermass and the Pit....and get frightened stiff as the film carrys on...and then Childen of the Stones.....
Bless you Gareth. RIP and cheers!
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Space Chopper
A very major part of my teenage years is now no more- and it's left me dumbstruck. So many of my idols gone recently, this is just too much.
funkyimg.com/i/2y558.jpg
Vila: "I plan to live forever- or die trying..."

clanger68
So saddened by this news, pretty numb right now.

Gareth has made me cry twice now.

Once in Morgan's Boy and now in the car on the way to work this morning.

I have been listening to the Big Finish story 'Caged' on my commute and after reading the news at breakfast time Gareth's was the first voice I heard on starting my engine, it was too much.

I can see he has touched all our lives from the comments above, he will be much missed and thoughts to his friends and family and to all of us, whom I'm guessing are feeling as saddened, shocked and numb as I am.

It feels like we have lost a family member, which I guess we have.

So many fond memories, thank you Gareth, for everything.

- Andy
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"

http://www.exewing.co.uk
Gary Bates
Shocked and saddened by this news. Loved Blake's 7 from the start. Seemed such a different and more adult beast than Doctor Who at the time, helped in no small part to Gareth Thomas's excellent performance.

I met him only the once at, of all things, a Babylon 5 convention, where SFX Magazine were also holding an awards ceremony as B5 was the big winner. Creator/writer J. Michael Straczynski was due to receive an award, and who should come on to present it, completely unexpected was Gareth Thomas. Not only that, but he was wearing his costume from “Blake” complete with appropriate scar! The crowd went wild and JMS, on record as being a B7 fan and cited as an influence on B5, was visibly moved.

A friend of mine was working at the con and was able to slip me backstage so I could briefly meet him, still in costume, and I think it was the most star struck I have ever been! To this day I cannot remember any of the conversation, which probably just consisted of me gushing praise and him saying thanks, but he came across as a very likeable, humble, friendly man.

dragonq
Very sad. I've been dreading something like this happening. Really don't know what else to say.

Marc Webster
Just heard the news this morning......very sad......never met him and now sadly will never be able too.....may he rest in peace and condolences to his wife and family

clanger68
Anniew wrote:

RIP Gareth Thomas

Mist pales the daffodils,
Their cheery yellow
Frailer lemon now.
Something of course
Continues but, unwelcome,
This reminds that one by
One, sooner or later,
We drop into that
Rough hole in the ground.