Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 11

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 924
· Newest Rebel: Mark Stanfa

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Cygnus Alpha 2 Journal
sweevo
Friday 8 April

Arrived at 15:00 following multiple train changes. Checked in at 15:30 and awaited the remainder of Horizon before going out to attend a pub meal at approximately 19:00, with my plate consisting of steak and chips. Returned at approximately 23:00, where I proceeded to indulge in watching Japanese animation before going to bed at midnight.

Saturday 9 April

Currently at the venue, and the event feels more like a military operation than a convention. I cannot give the staff enough credit. They are friendly and helpful and compassionate, having aided me in remaining placid and calm whenever my social anxiety and deeply rooted frustration threatened to overwhelm me. I have broken down into tears twice today, and I do not intend to do it for a third time. There is not much to do except wait, and that is a game we all play in our lives, with the result never changing. I also want to extend my thanks to some of the members of Horizon who have helped me with my anxiety/frustration. Still we carry on, just pretending, out of focus, but the outline still remains.

Just heard a talk with Jacqueline Pearce, Michael Keating, Stephen Greif and Glynis Barber, following a very long wait of what felt like a life sentence. Very enlightening and I got to ask a unique question, which probably benefited from Paul Darrow's absence (which took me a while to recover from, since I had failed to acquire his autograph for the second time in 5 years). The final event is in the form of a raffle following a (very) brief auction. Surprise, surprise, I won nothing. The story of my life. Now... Supper's Ready.

Sunday 10 April

Took a taxi from the Premier Inn to the London Paddington Station, from there I took a direct train back to Swindon, Wiltshire - no lifts or pick-ups this time, thank God for that. Smile Arrived home at approximately 14:00 hours.

Epilogue

I think, in retrospect, that the event was constructed in a somewhat haphazard manner, and the choice of venue was not the most practical. What was there, and how it was presented, though, was outstanding and well done. Am I happy to have attended Cygnus Alpha 2? Let me put it this way: I would rather be one spare part in a comfortable environment than many spare parts on a planet whose people make even the most hardened cops and crooked organ harvesters in Brazil squirm. I want to thank Ian for putting all this together and doing his utmost best to make sure everything ran as smoothly as possible (and for helping to pacify me during both of my nervous breakdowns, along with everyone who helped out).

My final score on Cygnus Alpha 2 is a 3 1/2 out of 5 stars.

Stefano Pavone.
Edited by sweevo on 10 April 2016 18:56:08

AnnaGrant
Sweevo, it was great to meet you and I was so glad to be in your team for Andy's challenging B7 quiz. I hate to think what our score would have been if it wasn't for your encyclopaedic knowledge. Thank you. I didn't get Paul's autograph either this time, but I did leave photos for Ian to send on for signing. Apparently he did this last year and everyone got their autographs. Hope to see you again at another convention.

MrsMrOlag
I'm glad I got the chance to talk with you at least for a bit, Stefano. I hope your memories grow fonder with time, as the negative feelings fade away.
(By the way, I'm the one who wore the Avon, Mission to Destiny costume.)
Thank you for the apricots and chocolate at the bar! I munched on mine on the train home today Smile
I really hope you do go to more events, and let us all know and if we can we can help you out! Like, you could have walked with me and Mrolag to the venue-- then there would have been no puddle troubleWink
Treasure what good memories you have and I'm sure you'll be up for more in the future! x

Anniew
It was nice to meet you Stefano. I think you're a man of great courage to face your anxieties like that. Take care.

Annie.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

President Solvite
Welcome to the board MrsMrOlag.and an excellent post if I may?

Sounds like you had a great time and its great to hear fans getting on together, helping each other out. Not just with quizzes etc. but matters of a practical nature.

Petty fan squabbles are what sometimes drive me away from other fandoms... Fortunately on the whole B7 fans are the best and treat others as they like to be treated themselves.

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
clanger68
Good to see you Sweevo, glad you were able to make the event and the other activities.

Glad you got to see the Cast talk on stage, I found it very warm and uplifting, thoroughly deserving the standing ovation it got.

See you soon,

Andy
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"

http://www.exewing.co.uk
Sopron
Sweevo, it was a true pleasure to see you this weekend and I am proud that you braved so many firsts to be with us. It was lovely to actually get a chance to speak with you properly and to share some social time with you. The treats you gave us at the end of the evening were a very kind gesture and were much appreciated by all, but your company was the most welcome gift. I do hope that you will meet up with us again once you’ve had time to process your experience and see the good times through the bad.

Cool

trevor travis
Stefano, I'm glad that you made it through the weekend, and thanks for the chocolate on the Saturday night.

Lurena
Hi Stefano, it was a pleasure to have you with us.
I think you're a brave man as you showed the courage to come and stay in spite of your troubles. I'm sure our fan group will look after you every time needed.
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
Mistletoe12
Sweevo: It was a frenetic day for everyone; which makes your courage all the more admirable.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.62 seconds
9,861,252 unique visits since 8th January 2014