Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 10

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Fanfic News Thread
BradPaula
I've read the first one, Showdown in Chicago, and really liked it. I think the character of Amy is suited well to be a wise-cracking 1940's 'dame' newspaper reporter solving crimes and getting mixed up in all sorts of dangerous adventures. Well done, SD. I'll be reading the other stories at my earliest convenience. -Paula
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Story #4 is now online too! The final story in the series sees Amelia return to Pearl Harbour in 1945, shortly after Harry S Truman has taken over as President of the United States but before the final defeat of the Japanese empire. Amelia uncovers a threat to the new President's life that appears to have extra-terrestrial origins, but who could want to disrupt the timelines so badly? The new story can be found online here: Kill the President!
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

BradPaula
I've just read #2 and 3 in the continuing adventures of Amelia Williams, by Spaceship Dispatcher and again they are good solid stories.

#2 Hawaiian Holiday is set the day before and the day of the Pearl Harbour attack. Again, Amelia, or Amy to all of us, is called in to investigate some strange goings on near Pearl Harbor. I won't spoil it by explaining the plot, but our SD's strength in writing, imo, is his strong descriptive images of places and people. You really get the feeling of being there- at Pearl Harbour in December 1941. The 'feel' of the American soldier's speech is spot on and also right for the era. I enjoyed the surprise ending and would recommend SD's Amelia Williams stories highly.

#3 story, The Ring, is set in New York City, during the War and involves some Nazi infiltrators trying to further Hitler's cause. Again, Amy is well suited as a reporter who gets herself involved in these war-time stories and her reactions to said situations are correct with the Amy we knew from the Doctor Who series.

I am glad, though, that SD put a caveat at the beginning of the story as, although he researched Nazi torture techniques for the time, and tried to get things authentic, and however he wrote said scenes delicately and in a non-graphic manner, the scene still disturbed me a lot and that's saying something. But then, trying to be as accurate as possible and it being the Nazi's SD was writing about, I fully understand but do caution the weaker at heart to think before reading said story. As always, a good read and well researched at that.

Now, to read the final installment #4 called Kill the President.

-Paula
Edited by BradPaula on 11 August 2014 21:30:54

Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

Now, to read the final installment #4 called Kill the President. -Paula

Looking forward to your review, and thank you as always for your support and kind words Happy
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

BradPaula
Just read Spaceship Dispatcher's fourth story in the Amelia Williams range and it did not disappoint. Again this story, Kill the President is set in the era where Amy and Rory were deposited by the Doctor- war-time New York. This story revolved again around the goings on at Pearl Harbour, Hawaii when Amy is sent by her paper to cover the President's visit to the base.

As I've said before, the setting and time works well for Amy, or Amelia as she'd now called, to snoop around and generally get involved with life on this earth just as the Doctor would find himself doing. The action is steady and builds to a finish and I didn't want to stop reading the story until I had seen that the threat had been overcome and all was well.

There is a bit at the end which I presume is for all the old time Doctor Who fans? Or am I wrong? Whatever- I understood as soon as SD described the person. Very good!

Now, I've been told SD is going to attempt a story with the new Doctor and Clara to which I am looking forward to reading. Good show, SD! -Paula

JannaKalderash
I've got an idea for a B& fic, but am having a bit of trouble deciding on which Season to place it.

It would have to be one of the first two seasons as Blake is definitely in it, although it's mostly based on his relationship with a VERY different Avon.

Nothing slashy at all, as I literally can't write that sort of thing.

Jenna will not come off very well in it, I'm afraid to say; so all of you Jenna fans, consider yourselves forewarned.

There will be quite a bit of slightly off color language, but no dropping of the 'F' bomb will be included.

It will be a bit AU, as Jenna is having a fling with Gan, since Blake has no interest in her (he goes for either for green eyed redheads of Irish background, or dark eyed, curly haired spitfires of Spanish/Italian descent. He likes the really snotty types.)

I only have an outline at this point (I still haven't written it out completely, due to laziness), but I'm still trying to flesh out a few things.

I got the basic idea from SallyMn, over on AO3, but I will be changing a few things.

If anyone has read her short story, 'Sands of Time', you will get the basic drift.

I did ask her if I could do a continuation, and she gave her permission. However, I didn't want to a complete retread of her story, so I am going to be changing the method in which Avon is changed.

LMK if any of you wants me to post further details here.

Spaceship Dispatcher
I'm hoping to finish my second Blake's 7 fanfic this afternoon, with the intention of posting it online next month; its going be about 3500 words when finished so not especially epic but hopefully fun to read. Set in the latter part of series B after the death of Gan, it involves the Liberator crew coming to the aid of a drifting escape capsule.

peladon
for any one interested I have just, finally, posted the next chapter of I&R part 4 at LJ. Thats here:
http://peladonww.livejournal.com/34716.html.
Its behind a cut but its not hugely long....

Spaceship Dispatcher
Sorry it's not a Blake's 7 project this time around, but I have just completed and posted my latest fanfic based upon The Avengers; whereas the previous one was a cross-over with UNIT from Doctor Who, this one mixes in The Champions...

The Avengers/The Champions: The Purple Peril Plot
One of Britain's new Purple Peril nuclear weapons is stolen and exploded in a test by a diabolical mastermind intent on leading the world into war. When a second weapon is stolen, the testing is over. Can agent Tara King save the world? Or will Nemesis agents Sharron Macready and Richard Barrett save the world? Or will they just get in each other's way?!
Characters: Tara King, Sharron Macready and Richard Barrett - rating: general - word count: 8,400

Although there are three principle characters, many others appear briefly too! Look out for Tremayne, Mother, Venus Smith and John Steed in supporting roles during the story. There's even a 'blink and you'll miss it' cameo by Bel and Freddie from The Hour...

BradPaula
The Avengers: The Purple Peril Plot by Spaceship Dispatcher.

What can I say? I'm a big fan of anything written by SD. This offering has an Avengers (Tara King) crossover with The Champions. I had not ever seen one jot of The Champions ever but SD kindly told me to check out an episode or two on YouTube, which I did. I chose the first episode, and luckily it explained the concept of the three agents and how they gained their super-human skills. That done, I proceeded to read SD's story.

I loved it. I thought SD captured the essence, the charm of The Avengers. Of course, there was plenty of action, much of it hinging on a rather exciting jet chase involving actual aircraft which I know SD is a fan of. The characters are well written and the dialogue believable. The epilogue at the end of the story fit fine as all Avengers episodes have one.

I'd recommend this story to anyone who first, loves stories, but second, any fan of the Avengers format. I couldn't wait to see how it finished- the jet chase was so exciting and fun!

Well done, SD. Another winner!

Spaceship Dispatcher
The reason for my lack of activity on the April Challenge Thread so far is all Amy Pond's fault I'm afraid...

Amelia Williams: Three Nights at Greengates
When she accepts an invitation to stay at Greengates, little does Amelia Williams realise that mysteries old and new will challenge both new friendships and her powers of deduction. With a murder and a burglary to solve, Amelia finds past and present linked together as she is drawn back into the world of the Doctor...
Characters: Amelia Williams (née Pond) - rating: general - word count: 10,450

The frontispiece created by Andrew Skilleter for the next story Amelia Williams: African Adventure is also online!

As always, please do post a reply or drop me a PM if you enjoy the latest episode.

trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

The reason for my lack of activity on the April Challenge Thread so far is all Amy Pond's fault I'm afraid...

Excuses, excuses. It's April 10th - you're slacking Grin Grin Grin

BradPaula
SD, looking forward to reading another of your Amelia Williams stories. Hopefully this weekend??? Cheers.

BradPaula
I just read Amelia Williams: Three Nights at Greengates by Spaceship Dispatcher and again, this is a good piece of writing. Amy gets waylaid by friends and ends up at this old mansion where of course, having Amy in the vicinity, trouble ensues. There is a murder and robbery and who but Mrs. Williams is available to solve the mystery?

I loved this story and not only for the plot and characters. I loved the writing itself. Spaceship Dispatcher has such a good way of describing the location and action, it's a joy to read. A good yarn in the Amelia (Pond) Williams story line. Read these stories, people!

BradPaula
Now I am looking forward to reading African Adventure in the Amelia Williams line. The Andrew Skilliter illustrations already on SD's site are amazing. They smack of 1950's pulp fiction, graphic novel drawings in every facet and detail. Suffice it to say, I'm a fan.

Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

I loved this story and not only for the plot and characters. I loved the writing itself. Spaceship Dispatcher has such a good way of describing the location and action, it's a joy to read. A good yarn in the Amelia (Pond) Williams story line. Read these stories, people!

Thanks Paula! Here's the next one for you Grin

Amelia Williams: African Adventure
Taking on a dangerous mission to rescue a damsel in distress from the clutches of a ruthless trader, based on the banks of a river deep in Northern Rhodesia, it's not too long before Amelia becomes one herself! She faces dangerous predators, attack from the air, imprisonment, and a pitched battle before finally overcoming all the odds.
Characters: Amelia Williams (née Pond) - rating: PG13 (one brief nudity reference) - word count: 11,200 approx

BradPaula
SD: I'll try to read African Adventure asap! Cheers.

littlesue
Just to let you know that the latest story from the combined keyboards of Lurena and I, is now up and running on our website
http://lectorisal....webs.com/
It is entitled ‘Encounter’ and takes place after Redemption and is a sequel to our very first co-writing venture ‘Interface’.
Lurena is now busy with a few illustrations and will include them later.
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

BradPaula
Just finished reading Amelia Williams 'African Adventure' and loved it. The Andrew Skilleter illustrations ala a graphic novel worked particularly well featuring Amy in safari jacket, mini skirt, boots and a pith helmet, ala the 1930's serials- of course those serials didn't have women in mini skirts! But it suits Amy well. Who other than Spaceship Dispatcher would have a professional illustrator to illustrate his stories?

This story entails Amy going into deepest, darkest Africa in search of some friend of a friend who has gone missing and is presumed held hostage by some rough traders. Amy goes through the usual rough treatment in order to free this woman and as always the story is full of action and well-described locations. I particularly loved the question put forth in the story "Would the Dark Continent be ready for Amy Pond?" which made me laugh out loud knowing how plucky Mrs. Williams could be and then the notion of Amy wielding a rifle and ready to use it was also quite entertaining. Don't miss this story, and the other Amelia Williams tales as they are fun and entertaining!

Spaceship Dispatcher
Thanks Paula, glad you enjoyed the latest adventure Happy

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.68 seconds
9,189,059 unique visits since 8th January 2014