Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Fanfic News Thread
Lurena
I've been away for too long and I missed your posts, Meegat and Spaceship Dispatcher.
I do thank you for your kind words as did my writing companion Sue.
Look forward to the next adventure and many more to come!
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
littlesue
While going through my Fan Zines, I came across a very short story written, by me, along time ago in 1982 in Slave 5.
As it features TT's fave lady gunslinger doing what she does best, I thought I would scan it in and upload to my website. It's in Sue's Stories Part 2 and is called Showdown.
Just go to the Sues stories link in my signature and then follow the link to part 2. I even managed to upload the picture drawn by Debra Board...on my own...which is no mean feat...as daugher No. 2 will oft testify!!!!
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Spaceship Dispatcher
There are three new short stories posted on my fanfic site The Velvet Web!

The Avengers: The Secrets Trust sees John Steed and Tara King investigating a series of mysterious deaths at an aircraft factory. They are joined by Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart and Corporal Benton of UNIT, an organisation from the Doctor Who universe that features in one way or another in all three new stories as a linking crossover theme; it doesn't matter if you don't know either Doctor Who or the characters though as there is no particular continuity.

Primeval: The Lost Train leads Matt Anderson and the team underground and into the recent past. The story also features UNIT's Kate Stewart and another Doctor Who universe character... but that would be a spoiler!

Doctor Who: Inferno is a speculative additional scene based upon the television adventure of the same name that featured an alternate universe version of UNIT and its main characters - this very short story features Liz Shaw.

@ Paula - there's a special cameo in The Secrets Trust that I hope you especially enjoy Happy
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

BradPaula
@SD: Thank you, I'll check them out when I get time. Looks very interesting. -Paula
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Spaceship Dispatcher
This is an illustration from my new story The Avengers: The Secrets Trust - see my previous post for a link...

i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p611/Spaceship_Dispatcher/Andrew%20Skilleter/A36Avengerscrossover_zpsb7a30a6f.jpg

Tara and Steed discuss the mystery with the Brigadier and Benton
(artwork by Andrew Skilleter)

*the story is set in the late 1960s at the original time of broadcast for both the Tara King episodes of The Avengers and the original UNIT stories before Jon Pertwee became the Doctor; set after The Invasion but before Spearhead From Space.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

BradPaula
@SD: I have read the Doctor Who Inferno scene and it fits fine with the rest of the episode. Great Andrew Skilliter artwork by the way.

The Avengers: The Secrets Trust was a treat to read. All the mention of The National Trust was fun and the scene in the manor house with the 'American Couple' was laugh out loud funny. Of course another laugh out loud moment was the female American commenting about a painting which seemed to have a definite resemblance to a certain actor....

It seemed to fit the Avengers style and I enjoyed Steed and Tara in their scenes as I could picture them as if in an episode of the televised series. It was fun and quirky and the addition of UNIT and the Brig and Benton were happy extras which fit fine in the parameters of the Avengers ideal.

I'll get to the Primeval story next. But good job! I know of two other people who will get the biggest laugh out of the National Trust theme and the very familiar sounding American couple. -Paula

BradPaula
@SD: I just finished the Primeval story, The Lost Train and enjoyed it very much, even though I had never seen an episode of Primeval before. SD, the one thing I love about reading your stories is that you are so descriptive in people, places and events. And even though I had no idea who was who and what to expect, I understood everything about the plot and motivations of the characters and quite enjoyed the tale. The inclusion of characters other than what is normal to the individual series is also a good thing and one you often use and use to good effect. Reading about Kate Stewart not only made sense, but gave me a chuckle as well.

I'll be happy to recommend any of your stories- from Doctor Who, through Avengers and Primeval, and even Blake's 7 to anyone who enjoys reading good quality writing and storylines. Good job, kiddo! -Paula

Spaceship Dispatcher
Many thanks for your nice reviews Paula! Its very encouraging that you connected not only with characters you were familiar with from our rewatches but also those who you did not previously know. Writing about different fandoms, and mixing them up together with characters walking into each others' stories, is a part of the hobby that I especially enjoy and its nice to know you think the combinations are effective. It was only when the three latest additions to the site were finished did I realise that UNIT was a common link that connected all three stories! But it was good in hindsight to write both generations of the Lethbridge-Stewart family at work saving people with heroes other than the Doctor and his companions. I'm especially glad you enjoyed your very own cameo appearances, and you must let me know what Brad's reaction was! Flourishes of descriptive prose alternating with script-like passages of dialogue and a subtle, tongue in cheek sort of humour is a style I like writing - and it was only recently that I realised that many Big Finish audio readings are written in a similar way. I have a longer story written for the site that features the Smith Doctor and Clara Oswald in a 1950s historical setting, but I'm commissioning a couple of pix for that so it won't be online for a couple of months at least. There's also the 'letter format' work that I mailed you Paula, if it ever arrives let me know!

I'll be happy to recommend any of your stories- from Doctor Who, through Avengers and Primeval, and even Blake's 7 to anyone who enjoys reading good quality writing and storylines. Good job, kiddo! -Paula

Thank you so much, your kind comments mean a lot Happy
Edited by Spaceship Dispatcher on 23 June 2014 20:57:52

Ellen York
I've never watched The Avengers, but I couldn't resist the National Trust and a cameo by Brad and Paula. It is a fun story, but I'm not sure I will dare visit any National Trust sites on my next trip across the pond Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
Thanks Ellen, glad you enjoyed it Happy

Lurena
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

Thank you so much Lurena, such a wonderful review! I'm glad you enjoyed it and connected with my interpretation of the characters. You're right in that s4 is quite different in tone to s1-3 and I did find myself turning to the earlier series for character insight and that magical Blake's 7 humour while trying to make the adventure and the action scenes fit s4. I'm not sure what readouts there are on a teleport bracelet, but characters sometimes talk into it and say the ship might be out of range when they don't get a reply; but whether that's a lack of info on the bracelet or characters not thinking to look at it under pressure I'm never quite sure! When I write another B7 fic it might be an s1 or s2 Avon story, not sure at the moment...

An S1 or S2 Avon story? Oh I'd love you to do that! *innocent look*

Spaceship Dispatcher
Lurena wrote:

When I write another B7 fic it might be an s1 or s2 Avon story, not sure at the moment...

If I do, albeit not just yet, it would be lovely if we could collaborate Lurena - your B7 art is wonderful Happy

Lurena

Lurena wrote:

When I write another B7 fic it might be an s1 or s2 Avon story, not sure at the moment...

If I do, albeit not just yet, it would be lovely if we could collaborate Lurena - your B7 art is wonderful Happy

Deal!

Spaceship Dispatcher

Excellent Happy

peladon
I've just posted something thats been rattling around on my hard drive for sometime. Its on LJ and FF given that my site is still down. I doubt I'll do much more on it, and its not strictly B7, but its been inspired by some of the fan fic Ive read over the last decade.

Just something to wonder about........Smile

Ellen York
peladon wrote:

I've just posted something thats been rattling around on my hard drive for sometime. Its on LJ and FF given that my site is still down. I doubt I'll do much more on it, and its not strictly B7, but its been inspired by some of the fan fic Ive read over the last decade.

Interesting, but creepy. And appropriate for B7 fandom considering some of the messes our heroes get into (or are put into).

peladon
Ellen York wrote:

peladon wrote:

Interesting, but creepy. And appropriate for B7 fandom considering some of the messes our heroes get into (or are put into).

I thought so. It was something that I batted around for a while after I'd been reading around some of the quantum theories of mind. Dont know if it got to me but I'm always very careful about how much angst/hurt I cause my characters these days....

peladon
Still sorting the story section of the hard drives, came across soemthing else I dont think I posted anywhere else. Its another take on 'that' shuttle story line. Few issues with the line spacing on FF but I think its readable.

Set after the event and shows a different to usual take on reactions to it

Spaceship Dispatcher
The latest project I'm working on is a Doctor Who spin off series called The Adventures of Amelia Williams, following what might have happened after Amy and Rory were seperated from the Doctor at the end of The Angels Take Manhattan. All four 'episodes' of the first series will be stand alone short stories, each no longer than about 5000 words, and will be set in the war years of the early to mid-1940s in the United States. The first adventure is called Showdown in Chicago and can be found on my fanfic site here - Amelia Williams: Showdown in Chicago

Spaceship Dispatcher
The second and third short stories in my Adventures of Amelia Williams fanfic series are now posted on my personal site The Velvet Web, the homepage of which is linked below in my signature. The concept of this particular collection is to continue Amy and Rory's story on from the televised story The Angel's Take Manhattan...

Story #2 sees Amelia called to Pearl Harbour in late 1941 to assist her friend Captain Steve Leyton investigate unsolved mysteries on the islands of Hawaii but, as anyone who knows their US and WWII history will point out, that's a bad period of history to make that particular journey. The story is about 4500 words and can be found here: Hawaiian Holiday

Story #3 is set back in Manhattan, where a girl dies in Amelia's arms outside the offices of the New York Post while pouring out a tale of Nazi agents and secret weapons. Taking the murder personally, Amelia sets out to infiltrate the spy ring and prevent them stealing plans that might alter the course of history. Ultimately however, she's out of her depth and learns once more the value of keeping a heroic Roman centurian back at your apartment. The story is about 7500 words long and can be found here: The Ring*

*Warning: Amy Pond becomes a more than usually distressed damsel waiting for rescue in this one!!!

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.94 seconds
9,181,352 unique visits since 8th January 2014