Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 5

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 926
· Newest Rebel: Paul Hassall

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Fanfic News Thread
Spaceship Dispatcher
Well, here it is! My first full length Dr Who fanfic for the Doctor and Clara, as played by Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman, as they embark upon another (hopefully) exciting adventure in space and time...

Doctor Who: Distress Calls
When a simple date at the movies with Danny Pink is interrupted by the Doctor on his way to answer a distress call from the planet Centarællis, sent by a survey team after a mysterious message and an even more mysterious death, Clara finds herself thrown into experiences that will affect her understanding of life, love and the Universe forever...
Characters: The Doctor and Clara Oswald - rating: General - word count: 17,880

This was a lot of fun but also quite emotional to write, and I sincerely hope that any Twelve/Clara fans who have time to take a look enjoy the ride and get as much out of reading it as I did from writing the story. It's a mix between a character exploring story for Clara, where I have tried hard to recreate her very different relationships with Danny and the Doctor as faithfully as possible, and something of a larger than life space fantasy; both the setting and the emotive nature of the character development are directions that I have never pushed quite this far before!
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Anniew
Oh SD. It's a good story. I like Your characterisation of Clara and The Doc, ( great Ckara though I think the Doc could be even more grumpy and difficult) but the pay off for me is the epilogue which is breathtaking and moving and which has explained the dilemma for the companion who has experienced the freedom of the Universe in a way I hadn't really understood before. Loved the way it was a natural tie in with the story itself, the narrative leading directlyto this one, simple but so powerful moment.

Read the story too quickly. Will need to reread to appreciate it fully and will repost any further observations.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Thank you so much Annie, I'm really glad you enjoyed it. The epilogue was a really big moment for me as I was writing it too, where the character development came to mean something in regard to how the story connected with the show. Clara is addicted to the Doctor and loves Danny and gets quite emotionally torn about who she is and what she wants, and I wanted to explore that a little bit. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts and being so encouraging, Annie, it means a lot to know the story hit the right mark and that the effort was worthwhile!
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Anniew
It's really putting it out there, writing. And this piece must have been a huge effort. Has the potential to be an episode.

Anniew
SD just read Through the needles eye again and I really like it. Are you doing a sequel? I'd love to read that.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Anniew wrote:

SD just read Through the needles eye again and I really like it. Are you doing a sequel? I'd love to read that.

Thanks Annie! I'm not working on a sequel at the moment, but I'm happy to consider doing one if it's captured my readers' imaginations.

Travisina
Just to let you know that Part One of the February Fanfic Collection is now up as an article here:
http://www.blakes...cle_id=125

As there were too many ficlets to fit into one article, Part One contains the ones based on the word prompt 'Red', and Part Two (which hopefully will follow swiftly) will contain the complete-the-scenes and the various limericks and poems submitted.

Thanks are due to Spaceship Dispatcher for his assistance with getting the March and April ficlet collections underway - with any luck (and not too much RL work!) those collections should be up soon.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Travisina
Part Two of the February ficlet collection is now up as an article here:
http://www.blakes...cle_id=128
The poems and limericks will be in Part Three...

Travisina
February's poems and silly verses (not limericks!) are now here:
http://www.blakes...cle_id=129

BradPaula
I just completed Spaceship Dispatcher's new story called "Distress Calls" featuring the 12th Doctor and Clara. As with all of his other stories, SD excels at painting a picture of the places and people he writes about and I can easily form a mental picture of the room or world or universe he is writing about. I consider it a mark of a good story and good characterizations when I can hear the actor's voice who plays the actual part in SD's dialogue, and he got them exactly correct if you ask my opinion of it. This story was a good old Doctor Who romp- the Doctor picking up Clara because a distress call is received and we are whisked off to an alien planet with alien people and the Doctor must figure out not only what is going on but how to save the people now at risk.

I actually had to laugh out loud in the beginning as SD slipped another 'in joke' into his story for me. He had one character who had my maiden name, one character whose name was the same as one in Blake's 7 Countdown, and my favorite, the character who was called Chad Bonn- very clever and that was the point where I laughed out loud.

As with all his other stories, I heartily recommend reading this one. The by-play between Doctor #12 and Clara is quite good and just as good as what we see on the tv series. So good show, SD. Another fun romp into the Doctor Who universe.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Travisina
Just to let you know that Part One of the March Ficlet Collection is now up as an article here:
http://www.blakes...cle_id=133

Once again, there were too many ficlets to fit into one article, so Part One contains the ones based on the word prompt 'Mad', and Part Two (which hopefully will follow soon) will contain the complete-the-scenes.

Grateful thanks to Spaceship Dispatcher for his assistance with the initial collating and formatting!

Spaceship Dispatcher
Just a couple of updates on my Velvet Web fansite...

REPORT 4613: THE AVENGERS - 'A Very Strange Report'
An evening with friends turns into a dangerous investigation for Steed and Tara as they set out to break a drug dealing ring, but is there an even more sinister plot to be uncovered? Who is this episode's diabolical mastermind? And how far into the story will Tara go before encountering a chloroform soaked handkerchief?
A new Avengers/Strange Report fanfic featuring Tara King with John Steed, Adam Strange, Dr David Keel, Hamlyn Gynt, Venus Smith and Evelyn McLean; illustrated by Andrew Skilleter - rating: PG-13 (hard drug use) - word count: 14,560

Amelia Williams: The Lost Temple and Other Stories
Escaping certain death below ground, coming to terms with the real dangers of the tropics, and facing the consequences of past actions trouble Amy's life with new challenges in this collection of linked short stories. Why do Amy's adventures always end with her wearing less than at the start? Why do the villains always have handcuffs in their pocket? Who is writing her life anyway?!
Characters: Amelia Williams and... (spoilers!) - Rating: M (nudity and torture scenes, obviously) - word count: 13,590

There are also updates to the art galleries, with a new Colin Howard gallery and new art in the Danielle Ellison gallery.

BradPaula
Looking forward to reading your latest stories, SD. Had to laugh at your description of the Amelia Williams story! What, again?

littlesue
Just to let you know that the follow up to our August Prompt is up on a very hastily constructed website.
Lurena has been off line and I don't how to access her website that she created for all our collaborations...so I've just created a temporary one.
Anyway...our August short story, 'A Ticket to Ride', involved our heroes finding an old Dodgems Ride...well, it didn't end there!
Oh no....their problems grow in the follow up story, 'All The Fun of the Fair'.
Just click on the link below and then go to Our Stories, click on All the Fun of the Fair and there you will find out what happened when the Liberator crew explored just a little further....
You will also find Doppelganger...which follows on from Encounter.
As Lurena is out of contact there aren't any of her lovely drawings, but I know that she was working on a few.

sueandco.webs.com
Edited by littlesue on 18 January 2016 10:53:26
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Spaceship Dispatcher
Thanks for the update Sue Happy

BradPaula
I just read Spaceship Dispatchers's new story called Report 4613: The Avengers- A Very Strange Report. Now, granted, I did not know of nor had ever seen a Strange Report episode but it didn't matter really. I enjoyed the story quite a bit in spite of that deficiency. It's a typical Avengers-style story with the main focus on Tara King. I especially liked SD's descriptions of the buses and their workings in one scene and knowing SD, it was not a surprise he was so knowledgeable of them. It actually gave me a giggle reading that part. I did notice a minor character he called Thomas who just happened to be ginger- and I wondered if SD put him in there to further tease me about a certain mercenary, who I swear in his younger days was in fact a blond, and not a ginger, as a certain Forum members expounds to rile me up (TT).

A good solid yarn in the Avengers style and I enjoyed it quite a bit. The accompanying artwork by Andrew Skilliter is smashing, with all the main characters represented and full of 1960's 'charm'. I think any Forum members interested in fan fiction should check out Spaceship Dispatcher's site and enjoy.
Edited by BradPaula on 05 January 2016 03:13:45

Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

...I did notice a minor character he called Thomas who just happened to be ginger- and I wondered if SD put him in there to further tease me about a certain mercenary, who I swear in his younger days was in fact a blond, and not a ginger, as a certain Forum members expounds to rile me up (TT)...

Ah, you noticed! Guilty as charged Wink

Thank you for your very kind review, and for commenting on the detail in the bus depot scenes! Although I did some specific research, ultimately I had to assume that one or two details in the design of the 1960s Daimler Fleetline would be consistent with the 1970s Leyland Olympians that I'm more familiar with...

Travisina
Just to let you know that Part One of the April Ficlet Collection is now up as an article here:
http://www.blakes...cle_id=139

Part One contains the complete-the-scenes featuring Avon and Servalan. Part Two (which hopefully will follow soon) will contain the stories based on the word prompt 'Fool'.

Grateful thanks again to Spaceship Dispatcher for his assistance with the initial collating and formatting.

Spaceship Dispatcher
The latest addition to The Velvet Web, my personal fanfic site covering various SF fandoms...

Amelia Williams: Midnight Rendezvous and Other Stories
Travelling home by air, sea and rail brings fresh adventures every step of the way! Searching for one lost treasure, accidentally finding another, stumbling across international espionage, thwarting the plans of a ruthless occultist, and even an alien encounter mean that life is never dull for Amelia Williams...
Main character: Amelia Williams - Rating: General - word count: 22,500

BradPaula
Just completed Spaceship Dispatcher's new story called 'The Lost Temple and Other Stories.' It's the continuing adventures of Amelia Williams and again, as good as all the others and in the same vein as before, having Amelia be the sort of modern day damsel in distress, but in the Amy Pond tradition of being a plucky modern woman who isn't afraid to speak up to the baddies.

Although the author mentioned in the introduction that the story was not one continual narrative, but comprised of several smaller stories, I found it pretty much seamless going from one to the other and I have to admit I enjoyed them all quite a bit.

Spaceship Dispatcher now has his latest story up on his fiction site called 'Midnight Rendezvous and Other Stories', and I'm much looking forward to reading that next. On a more personal note, I wanted to thank Spaceship Dispatcher for writing these Amelia Williams stories as it's given me a new perspective on the character of Amy Pond which is not only refreshing to me but engaging, considering I was not a fan of Ms. Pond on Doctor Who, but have grown to like her character after reading SD's stories and can now appreciate a bit more what I had not during her run with the show. Thanks, SD.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.75 seconds
9,931,251 unique visits since 8th January 2014