Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 926
· Newest Rebel: Paul Hassall

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Fanfic News Thread
Spaceship Dispatcher
This is a thread for Horizon to members to promote/discuss their own fanfic projects and share news on upcoming work, whether the stories are posted on this site or elsewhere. And of course, this is the place for other members to share their thoughts on our various scribblings after reading them...

edit:

Have just noticed that this should have gone into the Fan Activity forum. Could a passing Mod kindly move it for me please?
Many thanks, SD.

edit 2:

Thanks Travisina Grin
Edited by Spaceship Dispatcher on 04 July 2015 17:04:33
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Travisina
Your wish is my command, SD!

Thread has been moved.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

clareblues1
I'm still working on my 'several parter'...parts 1 and 2 will re-appear on Horizon soon
The foolish reject what they see;
the wise reject what they think.

Spaceship Dispatcher
clareblues1 wrote:

I'm still working on my 'several parter'...parts 1 and 2 will re-appear on Horizon soon

Thanks for the update! As any comments from the old forum were lost, would you mind posting here a basic over-view of your story so far, for those who haven't read p1/2 yet? Looking forward to the next instalment...
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Travisina
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

clareblues1 wrote:

Thanks for the update! As any comments from the old forum were lost, would you mind posting here a basic over-view of your story so far, for those who haven't read p1/2 yet? Looking forward to the next instalment...

Don't worry, SD - parts 1 & 2 will be reinstated in full, as well as the forthcoming part 3. Watch this space...
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Spaceship Dispatcher
Travisina wrote:

Don't worry, SD - parts 1 & 2 will be reinstated in full...

Oh, I didn't mean instead of being able to read the story! I just meant a little intro; setting, characters etc Grin

I'm going to post small synopsis of some of my fanfics, but its everyone's thread for their own work rather than a personal thread for mine so I'm holding off posting for bit to give others a chance to post first...

SD Grin

Grade Four Ignorant
Hopefully the link will work, as I've had to find it via the Wayback Machine website, but this is the Blake's 7 Fanfiction Writers Guide.

It's a nice inventory of story ideas, character histories and essays and canonical information on technology.

http://web.archiv...index.html

I really like the suggestion of Travis's 7.
Edited by JustBrad on 10 February 2014 15:10:51

JustBrad
G4I, post edited by mod to fix link. Thanks for sharing.
Edited by JustBrad on 20 February 2014 13:38:19

Spaceresearcher
An absolute treasure trove I wasn't previously aware of:

https://www.fanfiction.net/tv/Blakes-7/

purplecleric
Spaceresearcher wrote:

An absolute treasure trove I wasn't previously aware of:

https://www.fanfiction.net/tv/Blakes-7/

fanfiction.net is a brilliant resource of fanfic - thousands of stories from TV, movies, anime etc

kscherry2000
A couple decades ago (shows my age) I wrote a B7 story that takes place during season 3 and focuses on Blake and how he got to Gauda Prime. I need to dust it off and possibly post it online for people to read and critic it.

winnie-l
Try this one, I found it marvellously well writ, surreal & poignant:
http://archiveofo...orks/60742
Flies in Amber
A young boy growing up on Gauda Prime meets some unusual ghosts.

"They were mainly hesitant to talk about their past, except for the juggler. The stories they did tell were difficult to follow at best, because they seemed to have lost all ability to use proper names. ... They never remembered me from meeting to meeting..." - cool/surreal!
"They seemed caught in a perpetual limbo, eternally captured moments after some event none of them seemed quite able to remember." Awwww.
I like that Blake chats with the young man about ethics & philosophy!
Beautifully writ & far too short.

I'd also like to recommend this semi-surreal too, "El Aguila de la Libertad":
http://archiveofo...rks/381592
Very well writ. I don't want to give anything away about it (in case a pleasant surprise is ruined), except to recommend it.

winnie-l
My first B7 FanFic (I'm a very newbie writer) is "Entry Point", set early in Season1.
An earlier version was published in the online pdf zine Star One Issue4 so anyone who read that has already seen it...
Plain text version:
http://seis.bris.....point.txt
.doc version with tidier formatting & italics (woo hoo!)
http://seis.bris.....point.doc
People who love deep-character analysis stories don't much care for it - it's fairly technical (sorry, write what you know).

An even shorter one, hardly a story, more a vignette, set in Season0 as they say (not yet published anywhere):
http://seis.bris....y.days.txt

Spaceship Dispatcher
winnie-l wrote:

My first B7 FanFic (I'm a very newbie writer) is "Entry Point", set early in Season1.

Enjoyed your story Winnie, thanks for sharing it with us. The way you referenced and linked into other stories but in a well balanced way, with your own story still at the forefront, was very good. So was the speculation about how the crew experience and learn about Liberator's systems; I have always felt that, after Spacefall, the crew take the ship too much for granted and use terms like auto-repair like they have used them all their lives. The ship itself was imo both alien enough and interesting enough to support more stories of its own. Your story uses the ship as both setting and subject, and I like that a lot. Looking forward to reading more. SD

winnie-l
Thanks**N for your feedback, SD, it's a really nice compliment! The story was WAY too 'technical' (read: boring) for some longtime B7 fans who prefer a character/emotional wallow; but they were kind enough to say the characterization I'd written seemed apt....
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:That's the main reason why I didn't write an s1/2 story meegat, as I haven't got Blake's motivations and feelings straight in my head yet
That's how I feel about ALL of them! It's a bit (a bit?!) terrifying to write something, work hard to make it readable & flowing, & have others read it.

I liked that Trojan Horse started with Vila exiting an office (& the well written bit about having to reset the lock); immediately one wonders what he's been up to in that office!

And those two thieving from each other - cute!

I REALLY liked the fast action writing in Part 2 - GOOD! Exciting, well done!
And the writing creates an atmosphere that they're desperate & grim - I like that too.
Realistic. They are always risking their lives...

Spaceship Dispatcher
winnie-l wrote:

Thanks for your feedback, SD, it's a really nice compliment! The story was WAY too 'technical' (read: boring) for some longtime B7 fans who prefer a character/emotional wallow; but they were kind enough to say the characterization I'd written seemed apt....
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:That's the main reason why I didn't write an s1/2 story meegat, as I haven't got Blake's motivations and feelings straight in my head yet
That's how I feel about ALL of them! It's a bit (a bit?!) terrifying to write something, work hard to make it readable & flowing, & have others read it.

I liked that Trojan Horse started with Vila exiting an office (& the well written bit about having to reset the lock); immediately one wonders what he's been up to in that office!

And those two thieving from each other - cute!

I REALLY liked the fast action writing in Part 2 - GOOD! Exciting, well done!
And the writing creates an atmosphere that they're desperate & grim - I like that too.
Realistic. They are always risking their lives...

You're very welcome, and thank you for your positive comments about Trojan Horse Grin

@ Sue... glad to read that its a good 'biscuit dunking' sort of story - praise indeed Grin

meegat39
winnie-l wrote:

An earlier version was published in the online pdf zine Star One Issue4 so anyone who read that has already seen it...
Plain text version:
http://seis.bris.....point.txt
.doc version with tidier formatting & italics (woo hoo!)
http://seis.bris.....point.doc
People who love deep-character analysis stories don't much care for it - it's fairly technical (sorry, write what you know).

An even shorter one, hardly a story, more a vignette, set in Season0 as they say (not yet published anywhere):
http://seis.bris....y.days.txt

Hi Winnie, I've just read your story Entry Point and it was highly enjoyable. I don't consider myself a geek in any way, but I loved all the technical stuff - Avon being clever - I love it! I like the way you've given Gan a meaty role in your story too. My only complaint is I was disappointed when it finished. More please! I'm off to read your other one now ... Grin
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

winnie-l
meegat39 wrote:
I don't consider myself a geek in any way, but I loved all the technical stuff - Avon being clever - I love it!
Hurray, another soul for the tech-is-cool faith! Us females will be piloting spaceships & be space engineers in no time!
I like the way you've given Gan a meaty role in your story too.
Thank you very much. I like Gan as a character a lot. Another nice compliment from an experienced B7 writer (who was kind enough to mentor me on writing this) was, "I also like Gan's conscientious approach to assuming the watch. It fits my view of Gan." Exactly as hoped.
My only complaint is I was disappointed when it finished. More please!
I'm struggling with another B7 fic these days, going slowly. It's hard work...
winnie-"surely I've time to goof off for a while first?...."-l

meegat39
winnie-l wrote:

meegat39 wrote:
I don't consider myself a geek in any way, but I loved all the technical stuff - Avon being clever - I love it!
Hurray, another soul for the tech-is-cool faith! Us females will be piloting spaceships & be space engineers in no time!
I like the way you've given Gan a meaty role in your story too.
Thank you very much. I like Gan as a character a lot. Another nice compliment from an experienced B7 writer (who was kind enough to mentor me on writing this) was, "I also like Gan's conscientious approach to assuming the watch. It fits my view of Gan." Exactly as hoped.
My only complaint is I was disappointed when it finished. More please!
I'm struggling with another B7 fic these days, going slowly. It's hard work...
winnie-"surely I've time to goof off for a while first?...."-l

Hee, hee! We all need to time to relax or goof off! I just read your other story, which was also very good. So many talented writers on this forum!
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

clareblues1
For anyone who's interested, I've just re-posted my Tarrant blog in a separate thread...Grin
The foolish reject what they see;
the wise reject what they think.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 1.06 seconds
9,932,739 unique visits since 8th January 2014