Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 12

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 926
· Newest Rebel: Paul Hassall

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch - Robin of Sherwood
Spaceship Dispatcher
Something that always impresses me about series made by HTV in Patrick Drumgoole's era is the feeling of reality in the settings, using real locations and replica villages.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

Our first Vision's con had quite a number of ROS stars- Richard Carpenter, Mark Ryan, Phil Rose, Michael Praed, and others. We had never seen it before but were eventually able to find a few of the so called movies which were episodes strung together. So when we found the series finally we jumped at getting it. -P

So it was seeing the enthusiasm of the cast that interested you in the show? Nice story. Grin
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

BradPaula
Mark Ryan is amazing and a great guy. He eventually married Robin Curtis (Savik from Star Trek films). They met at a Vision's con.

Also love Ray Winstone. -P
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

BradPaula
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

Our first Vision's con had quite a number of ROS stars- Richard Carpenter, Mark Ryan, Phil Rose, Michael Praed, and others. We had never seen it before but were eventually able to find a few of the so called movies which were episodes strung together. So when we found the series finally we jumped at getting it. -P

So it was seeing the enthusiasm of the cast that interested you in the show? Nice story. Grin

That and Paul Darrow was part of the panel as he had done a Robin Hood story- not ROS. -P

Spaceship Dispatcher
The soft music behind Robin's speeches is a bit eeeuuww... though.

Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

That and Paul Darrow was part of the panel as he had done a Robin Hood story- not ROS. -P

No, sadly Paul's serial wasn't in this league. A rather feeble attempt at making the legend as a serious period drama. Not without its merits though.

BradPaula
We used to get a bit tired of all the women swooning over Michael Praed. Unfortunately they put him between Gareth Thomas and Paul Darrow in a panel and he was completely tongue-tied between the two. -P

Spaceship Dispatcher
Another plus-point in this story's favour imo is Rula Lenska; although I have only really seen her in this and Dr Who I think she's terrific.

Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

We used to get a bit tired of all the women swooning over Michael Praed. Unfortunately they put him between Gareth Thomas and Paul Darrow in a panel and he was completely tongue-tied between the two. -P

Lol Grin

BradPaula
Rula Lenska- another Doctor Who guest star. In America, they used Lenska to sell shampoo on television adverts touting her as some Polish princess, believe it or not. -P

Spaceship Dispatcher
Still not sold on Herne the Hunter.

Spaceship Dispatcher

Still not sold on Herne the Hunter.

Actually, John Abineri is a casting connection between this and the PD version.

Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

Rula Lenska- another Doctor Who guest star. In America, they used Lenska to sell shampoo on television adverts touting her as some Polish princess, believe it or not. -P

I can image she carried that off rather well.

BradPaula
Ah- John Abineri as Herne the Hunter. Met him, too. Told him that doing Sci-Fi would make him immortal in our minds and hearts. It did. -P
Edited by BradPaula on 07 February 2014 20:16:14

Spaceship Dispatcher
There's a good use of different camera angles in the crypt, with a nice high angle used at one point.

Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

Ah- John Aberniri as Hearn the Hunter. Met him, too. Told him that doing Sci-Fi would make him immortal in our minds and hearts. It did. -P

I like him best as Gen Carrington in The Ambassadors of Death.

My view of Hubert you know already.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Guitar music shouldn't work, but it does somehow.

BradPaula
Looking for Jeremy Bulloch- personal favorite of mine... -P

Spaceship Dispatcher
This story plods along quite steadily. Just how I like it Grin

BradPaula
I've got to admit that this series is so realistic in costume, props and locations. Kind of makes you laugh to see Robin Hood with Errol Flynn, great though it is. -P

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.53 seconds
9,930,027 unique visits since 8th January 2014