Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 4

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch - Robin of Sherwood
Spaceship Dispatcher
Oh... the Coven of Cuties have all run away. Bored now.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Spaceship Dispatcher
Quite a good action scene; again, understated in a subtle sort of way.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

BradPaula
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

ooops. Its working.

Looks like they took a wax figure and melted it and then reversed the film. Worked well I thought. -P
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

BradPaula

Oh... the Coven of Cuties have all run away. Bored now.

Noticed their lack of proper undergarments. Tsk tsk. -P

Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

ooops. Its working.

Looks like they took a wax figure and melted it and then reversed the film. Worked well I thought. -P

Good effect. That whole sequence does remind me a lot of TDRO...

Spaceship Dispatcher
Enjoyed that story, thanks for rewatching with me Paula Grin

BradPaula
I see that Terry Walsh was stunt-coordinator. -P

Spaceship Dispatcher
I'm not working next Friday evening either, would you be up for another one?

BradPaula

Certainly. Pick which ever you like- I'm not really up to speed on which episode is which. -P

Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

I see that Terry Walsh was stunt-coordinator. -P

Ah... top man. Played the 3rd Doctor more than Jon Pertwee I think!

Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

Certainly. Pick which ever you like- I'm not really up to speed on which episode is which. -P

Will do Grin

BradPaula
Thanks for sharing RoS today, SD. Great fun! See you next time. -Paula

Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

Thanks for sharing RoS today, SD. Great fun! See you next time. -Paula

You're welcome. Goodnight! Grin

Angry Angel
Sorry we couldn't join for this one, partly didn't have the time, partly worried we'd be really boring by constantly going 'We've been there!' or 'We own that!'

It's my favourite episode (although I love most of the others too), and not just because we have a Ravenscar banner and the sword Fauros on our walls.

I've had a read through though and thought I'd answer a few questions. Rula Lenska (who is great in this) is Polish nobility, her father was a Count but they had to leave because of the war and she was born in the UK.

The village was built near Cheddar, and when you know where it is it's easy to see the cliff that the horses jump from. We were lucky enough to be given a tour by Phil Rose as part of a convention. The cliff Robin dives from is in Cornwall (we're not sure where, though we did go on a location scout once), as is St Michael's Mount, the exterior of Ravenscar Abbey. BTW, that partial eclipse at the end when Morqwyn is being ridden down was real.

Parts of the interior of the abbey were filmed at Wells Cathedral, which got Mary Whitehouse a bit up-in-arms! She really didn't like the devil worship shown at tea time, and at Easter!

I'm guessing the story was supposed to be located in North Yorkshire, where the real Ravenscar is, but that's no reason the mad old man can't be Welsh - people could travel!

It's a pity you didn't watch it on Saturday, we ended up watching Buck Rogers, and I much prefer Michael Praed's chest to Gil Gerards!

http://lucyravenscar.blogspot.com/
BradPaula
Thanks for all the info on the RoS episode, Angry Angel. We had wondered where some of the episode was shot. And I agree with your assessment of MP's chest as compared to GG! LOL -Paula

Angry Angel
I used to fancy MP so much - he was the only guy that made it onto my wall when I was a teenager. When I first met him at a con I was terrified I'd make a fool of myself! Luckily Nickolas Grace was there too, and he was so much funnier that I was able to get over the potential embarrassment. MP is nice, but not a raconteur, he tends to be very laid back and not very funny.

http://lucyravenscar.blogspot.com/
Spaceship Dispatcher
Thanks for the extra info AA Grin and of course your posting recollection location visits and conventions wouldn't be boring!!!

President Solvite
I'm trying to think of a Robin of Sherwood location that we HAVEN'T visited!!

This is a great Praed episode though.. Lots of filter work was used here and in the other episodes.

Terry Walsh got 'Orias' I think at a Silver Arrow convention many years ago.

'Flauros' I think was used by little John..

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Travisina
Angry Angel wrote:

I used to fancy MP so much - he was the only guy that made it onto my wall when I was a teenager. When I first met him at a con I was terrified I'd make a fool of myself! Luckily Nickolas Grace was there too, and he was so much funnier that I was able to get over the potential embarrassment. MP is nice, but not a raconteur, he tends to be very laid back and not very funny.

I waited for Michael Praed at the stage door when he was doing Pirates of Penzance with Tim Curry. Double swoon-thud!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Spaceresearcher
Shouldn't this be in the 'Classic Error Re-watch' section, it's not Blakes 7 correct? Don't mind me, just stunned dis-belief??? Shock

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.83 seconds
9,112,742 unique visits since 8th January 2014