Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 9

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 924
· Newest Rebel: Mark Stanfa

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Fantasy Blake's 7
Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

To be honest, I can't see why Jacqueline Pearce still couldn't be Servalan. It takes her about two seconds to get back in the role, and why shouldn't an older actress be cast?

She can if that's what you want. Everyone can make their own fantasy version of the show.

No, not that sort of fantasy version. Though I would recast Avalon with Karen Gillan obviously Wink
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:
No, not that sort of fantasy version. Though I would recast Avalon with Karen Gillan obviously Wink

How many straps? Pfft Pfft

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

How many straps? Pfft Pfft

Still two, obviously. Actually, when period drama The White Queen was recorded they did many of the scenes twice. Once with minimal clothes on for the BBC broadcast and UK dvd release, then a second take without anything on (like most scenes in Game of Thrones it seems) for the American market. Problem solved. Two versions.

Wink Wink
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher
This would be my list of the main guest stars, though each episode would have half a dozen or so actors in studio or out on location for just that one episode.

Ed Stoppard
Ben Daniels
Amy Manson
Jessica Hynes
Joanna Vanderham

I would have Jessica Hynes in a role more like her comedy characters in the sitcoms Twenty Twelve and W1A, as she would make a superb over the top Piri-esque villainess. Joanna Vanderham would be ideal for a Meegat type of character.

Spaceship Dispatcher
markab2 wrote:

...Everything seems okay and Blake is satisfied with his actions, but Avon (a darker version) has others ideas...

You would have an even darker Avon than the one who tried to kill Vila and actually did murder Plaxton? I'm intrigued!

markab2
Linda Henry as a female version of Travis, dressed in black leather knee high boots and whip with eye patch and all. **Wakes up from nightmare**.

Spaceship Dispatcher
sweevo wrote:

I'd make it an epic movie, similar to the lines of the Michael Mann classic "Heat" or a Sergio Leone Spaghetti Western (I'm talking about 3 hours here), with a little Miami Vice influence. The only casting choice I can think of at the moment is Edward James Olmos (Lt Castillo) as Avon.

Prologue
Condense "The Way Back" to about 5-10 minutes, with Blake regaining his memories and being deported to Cygnus Alpha, meeting Jenna and Vila in the process. This is followed by a very compressed version of "Space Fall" (we meet Gan and Avon, Blake tries to take over the ship but fails, and he, along with J&A, are sent to investigate the Liberator), with the main difference being that G&V join the boarding party, skipping "Cygnus Alpha" entirely. Blake vows to take the fight back to Earth despite Avon's protests.

*snip*

Epilogue
Avon is recovering from his gunshot wound, while Blake has been confined to his quarters. Avon reassumes leadership (as in Star 1) and assembles Vila, Jenna and Cally on the flight deck as the aliens prepare to invade. Avon gives the order to fire and the invasion begins...

And casting?

sweevo
The only one I can think of off the top of my head is EJO as Avon. For Blake, I'd probably go with Ray Liotta (Goodfellas, Unlawful Entry, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City). Vila? Craig Sheffer (Nightbreed, Hellraiser: Inferno). Ken Foree (Dawn of the Dead, Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3) would be Gan and Joseph Pilato (Day of the Dead, Effects) as Travis. Servalan? Corinna Harfouch (Downfall). Jenna and Cally would be played by Nastassja Kinski (Tess, Faraway, So Close!) and Maria Conchita Alonso (The Running Man, Predator 2).

markab2
I will sleep on my casting...can't think...too tired, so I bid you goodnight and see you tomorrow at some point. Some brilliant ideas out there guys!!Grin

BradPaula
Brad and I have discussed this often and the idea of doing the same episodes, plus a few more per series appeals to me immensely. The idea of using the original cast actors as Ven Glynd, Morag, the lawyer and others is brilliant and a good handing off to the next generation of cast members. I think the idea should be a mix of studio and location shoots. Keep it similar to the original but maybe have it a bit 'darker' for the location shots.

As for actors- as I've said, and so has Brad- use as many of the originals as you can and also try and use many of the guest stars from the original as possible in the episodes. Off the top of my head, how about Rufus Sewell as Travis, Toby Jones as the Tharn, and I love SD's idea to use Rory Kinnear (son of Roy) as Vila. James Frain would be a wonderful Blake, and Burn Gorman as Avon- he told us he'd love to play that part as he is a fan of B7- and asked if PD would be upset. We told him in our estimation, no, he wouldn't.

I cannot comment either way on writing or direction, but some of the Big Finish authors in the Blake's 7 range might do fine. The main thing would be for me to try and use as much of the story lines and actors from the original drama as possible. We have quite a few characters which are still alive presumably after the blood bath on GP. Thre's Bek and Avalon, Grant, Dev Tarrant, Krantor and Toise, the crew of Ortega, Docholli, etc. so they could be woven into the new stories. We could have the 4 series, and then go ahead into a post-Gauda Prime universe, which would suit me well. The skies the limit. Imagination your only limitation. Of course, in real life, I'd say no- no remake. But as a exercise in fantasy, this is fun and as I've said, no need to limit your imagination.

Joe Dredd
BradPaula wrote:

Imagination your only limitation.

Imagination my only limit? I'd be dead in a week.

Travisina
As this is a fantasy thread, our choices don't have to be living actors, do they?

I would cast Alan Rickman as Avon (this has been mentioned before). He can play all the of ambiguity necessary for the role - intelligence, menace, wit, emotion... plus he has a gorgeous voice and is well sexy (imo). And he would probably steal every scene he was in, and get all the best lines Smile

Then I would take a leaf out of Battlestar Gallactica's reboot book and have a male Cally (renamed Cal) - and cast David Bowie in the role. He already has a wonderful other-worldly look, and has shown that he can play aliens well, as he did in 'The Man Who Fell to Earth'.

I'll ponder some more executive producer casting decisions later...
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

trevor travis
Travisina wrote:

As this is a fantasy thread, our choices don't have to be living actors, do they?

Problem is if we're allowed dead actors, I'd want every single original actor with the exception of Le Grand, Justin and Piri Wink I'd re-cast those three, everyone else would stay the same Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
Casting deceased actors is absolutely not allowed! The original post on this thread specified actors still active at the moment and expected to be available for shooting episodes next year.

trevor travis

Casting deceased actors is absolutely not allowed! The original post on this thread specified actors still active at the moment and expected to be available for shooting episodes next year.

It's Fantasy B7, so my series is being transmitted in the Autumn of 1983. Wink

I have the following schedule:
September-December 1983: Season Eric
September-December 1984: Season Freddie
September-December 1985: Season George
September-December 1986: Season Herbert

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

It's Fantasy B7, so my series is being transmitted in the Autumn of 1983. Wink

Also not allowed. The premise set up is to write and cast a show for recording next year. Don't jump the gun, a thread about matching favourite actors from a past era might be a future idea that gets started after this one runs its course...

Edit: I have sent you a PM about your 1983 ideas... Wink

EDIT: Is anyone else having problems with posts disappearing?

READ THE PM Grin Grin
Edited by Spaceship Dispatcher on 29 March 2016 09:36:54

trevor travis
EDIT: Is anyone else having problems with posts disappearing?

READ THE PM Grin Grin

I have now Grin

(Glad there isn't an issue with the website after all Wink )
Edited by trevor travis on 29 March 2016 09:47:52

Anniew
If I've read this right it's NEW B7 so it would be PGP. The only thing I've got so far is that it would involve a supercomputer which is an amalgam of Orac and Avon, directing a band of freedom fighters on a spaceship. That way I can use Mr Darrow's voice, something of their bickering relationship from the Lucifers and don't have to recast Avon. Their nemesis would be a character played by Hugh Laurie. Servalan ( ageing but still lethal) would appear from time to time and be played by Jacks. The leader of the band would be the daughter of Jenna and Grant. Soolin ( played by Glynis) would also be part of the crew . At some point they would rescue the son of Rachel and clone Blake - a sweet young man whose pacifism regularly endangers the crew . At Avoroc's insistence, one of their adventures involves tracking down Vila and that leads to one of his protégés, a brilliant young safe breaker, electing to join the crew. An Auron would also join but I don't know how yet. The starting point is that Avorac is owned by the Hugh Laurie character ( the power behind the Federation ) and is tasked with locating and destroying a huge satellite that is going rogue and causing climate change. It elects to recruit from a prison planet where Del has been banished with his daughter. ( skilled in survival and hating the Federation) she will be played by Rose Leslie. Kit Harrington will play the son of Blakes Clone. Jack Whitehall will play the safe cracker. A weapons expert will be part of the crew from the start and played by David Oyelowo. Another regular will be an ambitious fighter pilot played by ed speleers who may or may not be a Federation mole but who is brilliant but always out for himself. Guest stars will include Charles Dance, Peter Capaldi, Joanne Whalley.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Anniew wrote:

If I've read this right it's NEW B7 so it would be PGP...

Only if that was your choice. The intention of starting the thread was to create a fantasy new Blake's 7, not a continuation of the old one; that exists, so isn't really fantasy! Trevor Travis went down the PGP route, but you should know by now he does that sort of thing Wink

The idea set out in the OP was original characters but with new actors and stories.

trevor travis

Anniew wrote:

If I've read this right it's NEW B7 so it would be PGP...

Only if that was your choice. The intention of starting the thread was to create a fantasy new Blake's 7, not a continuation of the old one; that exists, so isn't really fantasy! Trevor Travis went down the PGP route, but you should know by now he does that sort of thing Wink

Hey, I had Michelle Ryan and Carey Mulligan in it... if that's not fantasy, I wanna know what is Grin

Actually, can we actors from different eras in it? I'd like Diana Rigg in it, but I want her from 1966. Mrs Peel on the Liberator!!! Pfft

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 1.09 seconds
9,874,441 unique visits since 8th January 2014